PDA

View Full Version : Do the artificer get the feat "trap finding"?

Haplo01
08-18-2011, 06:04 AM
I cant enter Lamannia to test.
So, i want to ask that the artificer got the feat "trap finding" (rogue free feat).
If yes, it is nice.
If not, do the artificer can search the high DC trap?????

AnYtHiNg23
08-18-2011, 06:09 AM
I'd noticed that too.

On the rogue feat list it says "Rogues (and only Rogues) can look for hard to find traps blah blah etc" but isn't in the list of Artificer feats - might be an oversight on the Wiki mind.

Again, don't have Lamma to check either.

BananaHat
08-18-2011, 06:10 AM
Yup, they do.

Valakai
08-18-2011, 06:24 AM
They also get trapmaking at level 4 for free and with INT as main stat they should be quite good at taking care of traps except for the ones where you have to stand inside the trap to disable it...no evasion. ;)

Haplo01
08-18-2011, 07:24 AM
thx for reply

AcesWylde
08-18-2011, 09:21 AM
They also get trapmaking at level 4 for free and with INT as main stat they should be quite good at taking care of traps except for the ones where you have to stand inside the trap to disable it...no evasion. ;)

I expect most builds to splash 2 levels of monk or rogue and take Insightful Reflexes

jcTharin
08-18-2011, 09:34 AM
I expect most builds to splash 2 levels of monk or rogue and take Insightful Reflexes

Did you SEE that capstone?

AcesWylde
08-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Did you SEE that capstone?

Then do without Evasion, no one is going to force you to splash, I'm just saying many will.

Talon_Moonshadow
08-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Yup, they do.

Thx.

Do they have Spot as a class skill? (what are their class skills and how many skill points/lvl?)

Bilger
08-18-2011, 10:48 AM

Most will stay pure or go a 14/6 rout to get mechanic pre at least that is the talk atm.

I can see though a few going 18/2 splashing rogue or monk but man that capstone is to tasty to pass up.

As others said yes they do.

DarkAlchemist
08-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Turbine is trying to kill off the Rogue and especially the trap monkey Mechanic builds. I do think they will succeed in doing this which is probably the start of killing off older classes so they can make profit by selling newer ones.

I still rolled a TM Mechanic but doubt their viability come U11/U12.

Luckness
08-30-2011, 07:08 PM
The changes to crossbows (fixing the reload bug, increasing rate of fire) promise to be good to mechanics.

DarkAlchemist
08-30-2011, 07:13 PM
The changes to crossbows (fixing the reload bug, increasing rate of fire) promise to be good to mechanics.
This is the main reason I am slowly leveling him up but our forte' is not about damage it was always the mechanics part and with the Artificer class able to do our skill of the trade why would anyone want a rogue?

Aashrym
08-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Thx.

Do they have Spot as a class skill? (what are their class skills and how many skill points/lvl?)

DDO did add spot as a class skill. Base is 4 skill points per level but the class skills are a bit limited. I'll post them later if no one else beats me to it.

EDIT: Concentration, Disable Device, Haggle, Open Lock, Repair, Search, Spot, Use Magic Device

fyrst.grok
08-30-2011, 07:47 PM
This is the main reason I am slowly leveling him up but our forte' is not about damage it was always the mechanics part and with the Artificer class able to do our skill of the trade why would anyone want a rogue?

DPS..

I have 3 'rogues' a ranger, a wiz and a rogue (who I havent capped yet, but I can calculate).. Rogue will be best dps against non fortified enemies doing around 150-200 at each hit counting all.. maybe more depending on weapon..
My ranger is the best trapmonkey.. And my wiz is - well.. Probably also better at trapping than my rogue when he caps.. So artificer will not kill anything.
At least now you have a working x-bow to go with the mechanic ;)

Aashrym
08-30-2011, 07:52 PM

More skills point, more class skills, evasion, improved evasion, sneak attack, haste boost off the top of my head.

DarkAlchemist
08-30-2011, 08:47 PM
More skills point, more class skills, evasion, improved evasion, sneak attack, haste boost off the top of my head.
I meant in a group. Sad to say but as a Trap Monkey we already are not as wanted as we once were and with the Artificer I see absolutely no reason to have a Mechanic in the group.

Aashrym
08-30-2011, 09:03 PM
I meant in a group. Sad to say but as a Trap Monkey we already are not as wanted as we once were and with the Artificer I see absolutely no reason to have a Mechanic in the group.

Forget trap monkey. That's just a part of each class. There is some over lap but that's not really different from comparing a sorc to a wiz or a fvs to a cleric. Overlap happens sometimes that won't be the end of rogues.

DarkAlchemist
08-30-2011, 09:09 PM
Forget trap monkey. That's just a part of each class. There is some over lap but that's not really different from comparing a sorc to a wiz or a fvs to a cleric. Overlap happens sometimes that won't be the end of rogues.
We will see how it goes but with the modern gamers, and how Turbine has went, I am just not so sure especially after seeing how many Wizards get turned down for group spots in favor of a Savant Sorc. It seems to be a new fad so I parked my Wizard until it hopefully changes again.

HGM-Chi
08-30-2011, 09:15 PM
DDO Wiki has much about Artificers (http://ddowiki.com/page/Artificer) up already:

http://ddowiki.com/page/Artificer

Kinerd
08-31-2011, 04:46 PM
I meant in a group. Sad to say but as a Trap Monkey we already are not as wanted as we once were and with the Artificer I see absolutely no reason to have a Mechanic in the group.As you say, trap monkeys and mechanics were already inferior before artificer. What made rogues worthwhile will still be there - the highest single-target melee DPS under certain easily attainable conditions.