PDA

View Full Version : Splash Rogue or Arti?

butlerfamilywa
08-18-2011, 12:21 AM
I know that Rogue already get's an insane amount of skill points, and a little bit of a bonus to sneak damage when used as a 1 level splash (exploiters, for UMD, locks/traps, ect)...

I'm going to be splashing one level of either, on a 18/1/1 Monk/Fighter/??? With the Rogue Dillietant feat on a Half-Elf...

How would splashing 1 level of Artificer vs 1 level of Rogue work?

Both are 0 bab lvl 1 classes...
Artificer does gain a bonus at level 1 to umd when using scrolls (nice bonus)
Artificer does gain Traps/Locks/UMD at level 1
Artificer gains a fun pet (granted at level 1, not powerful)

Rogue gains sneak attack and more skill points.... anything I'm over looking?

Angelus_dead
08-18-2011, 01:21 AM
Artificer gives you proficiency with repeaters and arm cannons, which could potentially be useful if you want to kill some monsters from range (and are willing to lug around the gear for that purpose). Rogue gives +2 reflex, which is probably better than the +2 Will from Artificer.

Hambo
08-18-2011, 01:24 AM
I know that Rogue already get's an insane amount of skill points, and a little bit of a bonus to sneak damage when used as a 1 level splash (exploiters, for UMD, locks/traps, ect)...

I'm going to be splashing one level of either, on a 18/1/1 Monk/Fighter/??? With the Rogue Dillietant feat on a Half-Elf...

How would splashing 1 level of Artificer vs 1 level of Rogue work?

Both are 0 bab lvl 1 classes...
Artificer does gain a bonus at level 1 to umd when using scrolls (nice bonus)
Artificer does gain Traps/Locks/UMD at level 1
Artificer gains a fun pet (granted at level 1, not powerful)

Rogue gains sneak attack and more skill points.... anything I'm over looking?

Um... Evasion? Sneak Attack? :D

Hobgoblin
08-18-2011, 01:25 AM
Um... Evasion? Sneak Attack? :D

he said sneak attack, and in the build he is talking about the evasion doesnt come from rogue it comes from ranger

hob

butlerfamilywa
08-18-2011, 02:16 AM
Would have a total of 3d6 sneak attack damage from the rogue dille as a half-elf, and evasion comes from the ranger and/or monk at level 18... (18/1/1 mnk/fig/??? or 18/1/1 Rgr/Mnk/???)

Arti is interesting, and with the benefit of level 1 spells, you could net 1 more AC from having 1 level of Arti.. replacing the loss of 1 ac from going pure monk (of course a party member could give you that 1 ac back).. however I am unsure how this would work with robe wearers...

kuro_zero
08-18-2011, 02:56 AM
Also the rogue dile doesnt stack with the rogue sneak attack.

I'm planning on replacing my rogue level woth arti on my exploiter as I regularly shortman raids with a friend of mine so I rarely do not have agro so dont think i'll miss the 1d6+3 sneak all too much.

And as mentioned, may be able to eek out another point of AC with arti

butlerfamilywa
08-18-2011, 04:29 AM
My only concern is the loss of skill points and the ability to keep trapsmithing maxed... however with Monk and Ranger, the skill points yo have should be high enough...

orakio
08-18-2011, 06:58 AM
For a 1 level splash rogue is superior as all arti's really get is free xbow/l.repeater/h.repeater prof's.

At level 2 arti gets rune arms so that might be a bit better but then again rogue gets evasion so its up to what you are looking for.