PDA

View Full Version : Devs: When is bound crafting level cap being increased above 100?

Carpone
08-17-2011, 11:44 PM
On Lam currently:

Bound crafting: Level 100 cap.
Unbound crafting: Level 150 cap.

Devs: When will the bound crafting level cap be increased?

Carpone
08-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Bueller? Can't fathom how Turbine is bringing the Cannith crafting system out of beta with U11 with bound shards still at level 100. The release notes stating crafting is level 150 is so misleading, as it doesn't introduce anything new to the game.

Carpone
09-01-2011, 11:22 PM
No change with today's patch.

Devs: Will we see bound shards over level 100 when U11 is released? Looking forward to Stunning +10 and a few other modifiers not yet available in Cannith crafting.

Indoran
09-03-2011, 02:00 AM
In case you ran out of ideas .... :P there are many things still to be seen in cannith crafting like smiting, banishing, disrupting ...

And maybe some kind of dual shards for extra awesomeness a la GS...

Entelech
09-03-2011, 03:18 AM
Greater / Superior Potency 5 and 6 items.
Clickies (Grease, Divine Favor, Haste, etc...stuff found on random items.)
Hardness and Durability boosts...similar to the ML decrease shard, stacks with Adamantine Ritual.
+1 Exceptional Stats
Boon of Undeath
Special Guard Effects
Monk Unarmed die increases

Odds
09-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Have they added stun +10 yet? one of the big reasons why i levels a crafter was to be able to get a good pair of stunning +10 wraps.

Indoran
09-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Greater / Superior Potency 5 and 6 items.
Clickies (Grease, Divine Favor, Haste, etc...stuff found on random items.)
Hardness and Durability boosts...similar to the ML decrease shard, stacks with Adamantine Ritual.
+1 Exceptional Stats
Boon of Undeath
Special Guard Effects
Monk Unarmed die increases

you are right sir!

I also want to see that in cannith crafting! why not.... it's soooooo expensive to get to high levels... (I am 113/99/102 so I know it first hand its expensive, possibly way better than the devs themselves)

Infiltraitor
09-04-2011, 02:21 AM
Dodge +3
Dodge +4 (On something other than an Icy Raiment)

Natural Armor +4
Natural Armor +5

Regeneration 1 per 30 seconds
Regeneration 1 per 15 seconds
Regeneration 2 per 15 seconds

Healing Amplification 10%
Healing Amplification 20%
Healing Amplification 30%

Demonic Shield

DR 1/-
DR 2/-
DR 3/-
DR 5/-
DR 8/-
DR 10/-

Brennie
09-04-2011, 02:48 AM
Have they added stun +10 yet? one of the big reasons why i levels a crafter was to be able to get a good pair of stunning +10 wraps.

Unfortunately, Stunning is yet unable to be added to wraps (Nor can impact). Wraps lack the "bludgeoning" tag that is required for the two above effects.

Aelonwy
09-06-2011, 01:35 PM
There was already a thread about this on the first page of this forum, namely:

So, we can craft bound shards up to level 100 and unbound to level 150. Aside from arrows and runestones, there's nothing that can be crafting bound that can't be crafted unbound.

That's fine. It's good for people to be able to craft things that they can sell. The problem is that we're still missing a number of recipes. Vorpal, Banishing, Smiting, Disruption, Paralyzing, Striding over 20%, +15 Skills, and I'm sure others that I'm forgetting.

The one that I'm going to pick on here is the lack of Paralyzing, and the reason I'm picking on it is because when the crafting system was first previewed at PAX East for U9, Paralyzing was the example of things we would be able to do. Several months later, we still can't, and according to Ten-Ton Hammer, the Beta tag on the crafting system is being lifted.

So is this it? Are we done with Cannith recipes? Will we ever see the ability to craft these missing options materialize? Or are you just going to declare it done, leave it as it is, and drop the ball?

It can be argued that the above^ thread is about more bound recipes and this one is about a higher bound recipe level cap but essentially we want the same thing, ie more options in crafting.

I would also suggest in addition to the new shard that reduces minimum level, we could use one that changes a prefix to a suffix and vice versa. Or alternately tag skill shards and maybe some others to be both prefixes and suffixes. Or make alternate shard recipes so that there are two recipes for instance of Open Lock and Disarm +whatever... one recipe makes it a prefix shard and the other makes it a suffix shard. Any of the three would make me happier.

Seikojin
09-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Maybe bound has a 100 cap to get people to try for unbound to fill to 150. I thought the same shard @ 100 in bound was 150 @ unbound. Havent looked recently though.

Carpone
09-07-2011, 05:03 AM
Maybe bound has a 100 cap to get people to try for unbound to fill to 150. I thought the same shard @ 100 in bound was 150 @ unbound. Havent looked recently though.
That doesn't make any sense to me.

It's really as simple as this: There's a bunch of prefix and suffix effects available on randomly generated loot that can not yet be crafted (stunning +10, paralyzing, banishing, vorpal, smiting, etc). For whatever reason, Turbine has not yet increased the crafting level cap to accommodate those effects, yet the system is coming out of beta with U11. I'm simply asking, "When can we expect to be able to craft those effects?" U11? U12?

Inquiring minds want to know. Would really appreciate a dev's response.

goodoldxelos
09-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Dodge +3
Dodge +4 (On something other than an Icy Raiment)

Natural Armor +4
Natural Armor +5

Regeneration 1 per 30 seconds
Regeneration 1 per 15 seconds
Regeneration 2 per 15 seconds

Healing Amplification 10%
Healing Amplification 20%
Healing Amplification 30%

Demonic Shield

DR 1/-
DR 2/-
DR 3/-
DR 5/-
DR 8/-
DR 10/-

Look, I am for great crafting recipes but there are a few unreasonable requests here... healing amp 30%?, DR >5/-? are you kidding... Unless your going to specify that in order to put DR 10 on an armor it takes 5 epic stonemeld plate (really not that hard), 50000 greater earths, 500,0000 lesser earth, and 1000 epic raid tokens, and its a +15 shard that's an unreasonable request... Your basically giving someone the favored soul capstone DR feat... Not that similar things don't happen (for example the artificer giving a part of paladin capstone)