PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Past Life: +2 to Ranged Damage

jakeelala
08-17-2011, 08:51 PM
Does this work with arty's and their xbows?

It would be sweet if it did.

MrCow
08-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Past Life: Ranger would indeed boost the damage done by a crossbow.

jcTharin
08-17-2011, 09:07 PM
nice. that will be and extra 6 damage per shot for repeaters.

Xionanx
08-17-2011, 09:51 PM
The Artificer Prestige Enhancement puts manyshot to shame IMO, combined with the ridiculous amount of buffs you can apply to yourself and your XBOW's I cant see any reason to ever make an AA again if "Ranged" is your thing.

Be a ranger in 3 pasts lives, get the +6 ranged damage and never look back.:p

At 20, with a Greensteel Heavy Repeater +Flame Arrows +Elemental Imbue +Weapon Enhancement +Armor of Speed = Stupid DPS w/Prestige no reload ability.

I fully expect a MAJOR buff in AA and Bow viability in the future if this goes through to live as is.

jcTharin
08-17-2011, 10:11 PM
The Artificer Prestige Enhancement puts manyshot to shame IMO, combined with the ridiculous amount of buffs you can apply to yourself and your XBOW's I cant see any reason to ever make an AA again if "Ranged" is your thing.

Be a ranger in 3 pasts lives, get the +6 ranged damage and never look back.:p

At 20, with a Greensteel Heavy Repeater +Flame Arrows +Elemental Imbue +Weapon Enhancement +Armor of Speed = Stupid DPS w/Prestige no reload ability.

I fully expect a MAJOR buff in AA and Bow viability in the future if this goes through to live as is.

expect it to be vigorously beaten with the nerf bat soon.

in the meantime im gonna solo raids under level with a poorly equipped arti.

jakeelala
08-18-2011, 12:34 AM
Do artificers do any offensive casting? Will DC's matter at all for them? It looks like they have some offensive spells but a limited SP pool, sort of like Bards. I'm just wondering how much spellcaster PL's will really help them.

Brennie
08-18-2011, 01:12 AM
Do artificers do any offensive casting? Will DC's matter at all for them? It looks like they have some offensive spells but a limited SP pool, sort of like Bards. I'm just wondering how much spellcaster PL's will really help them.

Bladebarrier. 'Nuff said.

Bodic
08-18-2011, 01:15 AM
arti will benfit from most PL's
Ftr Barb Rog Rang Wiz Sorc FvS Clr

to think: 60sp Evocation Conjuration+
+3 2hit 30 hp spell pen and wand heighten
range/SA damage +trap saves

downside no evasion which I knew would be the case and with the pet capstones and 19/20 lvl abilitis I dont know if I would splash

Blade Barrier force field

I will be all over the Arti like a thai hooker in heat

jakeelala
08-18-2011, 02:03 AM
I will be all over the Arti like a thai hooker in heat

I live in Thailand and this quote is more than a little offensive. Thai hookers are amongst the friendliest, classiest, and least hookerish of all the working girls I've ever encountered the world over.

That being said, I did not know thye got BB. Artificiers are like a wet dream, everyone's favorite stuff:

trap skills
Blade Barrier
Bard caliber buffs
Sweet Pets
Ranged combat that rivals melee
Healing (fleshy and WF, are you kidding??)

These guys are ridiculous. We thought Half Orcs were bad.