PDA

View Full Version : Elemental/Alignment Damage infusions

ChronicGenius1
08-17-2011, 04:29 PM
Does anyone else feel that the enhancements should be higher than they are?
Like for the armor/weapon enhancements, instead of a static one, maybe increase the bonus at higher levels. Same for the elemental and alignment based damage infusions. Start at 1d6 and end up higher as level increases.

panda6243
08-26-2011, 06:32 AM
Does anyone else feel that the enhancements should be higher than they are?
Like for the armor/weapon enhancements, instead of a static one, maybe increase the bonus at higher levels. Same for the elemental and alignment based damage infusions. Start at 1d6 and end up higher as level increases.

If they did a level up mechanic to up the damage over time, they should probably have it start at lower than 1d6 for lowest levels, perhaps 1d2? Then if you're going to have a progression you could easily incorporate it over time by increasing die size. Conversely, they could also have the increase serve in a sense of increased number of dice based on level. For example levels 1-5 could be 1d6, 6-10 2d6, 11-15 3d6, and 16-20 4d6. I imagine that they want to start simple and build to complexity. Don't want to have a situation where raids consist of 1/2 artificers or more just so they can buff everyone on a 1:1 ratio.

budalic
08-26-2011, 06:40 AM
If they did a level up mechanic to up the damage over time, they should probably have it start at lower than 1d6 for lowest levels, perhaps 1d2? Then if you're going to have a progression you could easily incorporate it over time by increasing die size. Conversely, they could also have the increase serve in a sense of increased number of dice based on level. For example levels 1-5 could be 1d6, 6-10 2d6, 11-15 3d6, and 16-20 4d6. I imagine that they want to start simple and build to complexity. Don't want to have a situation where raids consist of 1/2 artificers or more just so they can buff everyone on a 1:1 ratio.

Items can have only one temp enchantment on them, so multiple artificers won't really help.

Regarding OP; Deadly weapons seems to be Top Dog of artificer buffs. And it's good (unless it's still buggy). Be happy.

jjflanigan
08-26-2011, 03:10 PM
Items can have only one temp enchantment on them, so multiple artificers won't really help.

Regarding OP; Deadly weapons seems to be Top Dog of artificer buffs. And it's good (unless it's still buggy). Be happy.

Eladrin just posted that it IS buggy and is going to be removed until they can get it working correctly.

budalic
08-26-2011, 03:13 PM
Eladrin just posted that it IS buggy and is going to be removed until they can get it working correctly.

Hmm, that kinda sucks.

jjflanigan
08-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Yeah, and when he said --

I've mentioned it in a couple of threads, but Deadly Weapons isn't working fully as intended and is likely to be pulled until a future patch, when all of the problems with it can be resolved.

I'm curious if he means a future patch on Lama or a future patch after it goes live (like 11.1 or 11.2)

ChronicGenius1
08-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Regardless of the statues of deadly weapons, having scaled elemental/alignment/bane based extra damage infusions would would let artificers sort of close the gap in terms of situational damage to the rogue. Though as I type this it may be a little overpowered if it could be applied to party members. Maybe added into the personal infusion category?

budalic
08-27-2011, 02:28 AM
Regardless of the statues of deadly weapons, having scaled elemental/alignment/bane based extra damage infusions would would let artificers sort of close the gap in terms of situational damage to the rogue. Though as I type this it may be a little overpowered if it could be applied to party members. Maybe added into the personal infusion category?

Empashis mine.

Rogue is a melee DPS class. Artificer is spellcaster with focus on buffs. I see no reason why Artificer should gain anything to make up for Sneak attack. Buffs should be compared to Inspire Courage and other bard songs.