PDA

View Full Version : Artificer: no one started to plan?

darkkjean
08-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Since the artificer notes was released, i m just wondering what race fits, whats the best feats and enchancements.
lets discuss this?

EustaceTrevelyan
08-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Since the artificer notes was released, i m just wondering what race fits, whats the best feats and enchancements.
lets discuss this?

Well, theres WF for self healing, but if it's a full UMD class, that might be kind of superfluous. Helf if not, human for the extra feat. Drow for the extra int? Unless they give drow some xbow Enh, no.

The weapon align infuses are going to be huge, and the armor buffing being an effective 50hp at some point will be in demand. Elemental infuses at lower levels all going to make it very useful character to have, and even raids might want two to keep buffs up.

darkkjean
08-17-2011, 12:59 PM
sure. but if i understood well, the item enchancement infusions can be casted only one at the item right? i cant have the enchancement who swaps str for int on my attack roll AND the one that swap damage right?

also, i dont see warforge as a great race, whit this feat, any race can heal with repair spell right?

"NEW: Construct Essence: Requires Artificer level 3, humanoid. You are on the path to becoming a self-forged, augmenting yourself by replacing some of your weak flesh. You are still considered your original race (at this time), gaining 50% healing from Repair spells but.suffering a -25% penalty to positive energy healing."

BUT, the construct buffs are very cool to the warforged.

also, i was thinkint that Helf could be a good choice. a dilletant (maybe barb for extra hp, and DR, or fighter for some proficiences) and the possibility of increase 2 any stats from human, also arcane fluydity to reduce the ASF, + the reduction of ASF from the prestige enchancement, i think i could even wear a full plate (mithril) with no ASF.

drow could be cool too, but (even planing be a legend char) i think the drow has a low point distribution. making a 20 int will let me with low points for another stats (for a wizard its nice, but not for a "kind of gish", right?)

phillymiket
08-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Doesn't human only get the mark of making? (could be wrong)
+20 to crafting level for marked human arti,

I would think the xtra feat and skills would be good and having a great crafter would be nice too.

I'll try a human first, I think.

darkkjean
08-17-2011, 01:18 PM
theres no race that gets bonus with crossbows right? (at least none that i could remember).
also theres any class that a splash could be usefull?

its sadly that we dont have gnomes. =(

Memnir
08-17-2011, 01:18 PM
I plan on making either a Human or Helf, haven't decided. WF would be awesome for the aesthetics - but I'm not convinced they're going to be the master-race for Artificers. If I wanted to harken back to my PnP games, I'd make a Dwarf. But... not sure it would be a good fit for DDO.

CSFurious
08-17-2011, 01:38 PM
dm's of making

Jaid314
08-17-2011, 01:47 PM
dm's of making

only matters if you're planning on making a gimped crafting bot.

CSFurious
08-17-2011, 01:55 PM
they will not only enhance crafting but will also give you the ability to heal yourself with the repair spells from your marks with the new feat (construct essence)

those combined with the ability to cast repair spells is pretty cool IMO

also, the artificer gets so many bonus feats that you need to use them on something

darkkjean
08-17-2011, 02:07 PM
i was reading all races and enchancements.
helf looks pretty cool.
barb dillentant for more HP and maybe dmg reduction 3/- or at least 1/-
arcane fluy + battle enginer for mithral fullplate with no ASF.

stats (34 pts build)
str 12 +6 item+2 tome =str 20 for some melee capacity

dex 15 + 1 from human enchancement +6item +2tome = 24 for crossbows/skills use

con 15 + 1from great human enchancement(who allows another racial toughness) +6item+2tome =24 for hp/concentration skill

int 16 +3 class enchancement+6 item +5lvl ups +2tome =32int (spells and skills)
wis 10 and cha 10 for no skill penalties or wis8 cha 12 for UMD. also, theres itens for correct both.

using cannon on off-hand, and feats for crossbows. maybe weapon finesse when melee calls?
metafeats extend for sure. empower and max would be usefull only for repair spells and a few nukes?
also, Construct Essence for self healing with repais spells?

opnions?

Xyfiel
08-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Thinking right now

Pure
Max Intell, good dex/con, mod cha
HELF
Rogue Dil
Blade Barrier+Repeater with IPS, damage boost, intell to damage for aoe dps
Destruction scrolls with capstone(Arty spell level + intell modifier) for instakill
Greater command/hold monster scrolls with capstone for cc
Pet spec TBD
self healing feat
Raid mode = buffs with either infused cure pots/cure moderate mass scrolls/repairs or repeater dps depending on group
Feats(12) = imp crit ranged, rapid shot, quicken, improved precise/precise shot, point blank shot, emp, max, extend, mental toughness, construct essence, toughness
Optional = augment summon, spell focus or spell pen if works on scrolls
Battle Engineer PRE

All clickies like shroud haste or divine power will have +5 to caster level.
+6 to UMD scroll checks and another +1 to all skills, and 23 ranks of umd makes hitting 40 umd easy even with dumping charisma. 23+1+6+6shroud item+4gh=40
Extra item slot from rune arm, even if you don't use it can slot mod fort or toughness there for example.