PDA

View Full Version : Is this a nice find?

EmeraldArrow
08-17-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm a level 8 drow paladin and I found a nice item in gwylans stand I think's quite useful. It's a +1 returning throwing hammer of pure good. What I love about it is it never runs out like an arcane archer I've played as. I love playing the defensive while using intimidation to keep the enemies on me but now istead of having to run up to them I could now get a first shot on them so they'l go after me first i think then I can switch to my sward and shield to tear them apart. I'f my guess would be correct a hammer would be super effective against skelitons which my sword seems to be lacking.

Just need an oppinion if it's a nce find for me to use.

somenewnoob
08-17-2011, 10:25 AM
I think it's useful for ANY toon to carry a return thrower, and that is a fine one. The pure good on it is nice, most of the time you find regular +x return throwing weapon without the suffix. I don't think I've ever pulled one with a suffix.

I'd keep it if it was me!

I do the throw something or shoot them and then switch to melee a lot when i solo too. Doa little damage before they get to you!

Sheep_Stealer
08-17-2011, 10:41 AM
I'm a level 8 drow paladin and I found a nice item in gwylans stand I think's quite useful. It's a +1 returning throwing hammer of pure good. What I love about it is it never runs out like an arcane archer I've played as. I love playing the defensive while using intimidation to keep the enemies on me but now istead of having to run up to them I could now get a first shot on them so they'l go after me first i think then I can switch to my sward and shield to tear them apart. I'f my guess would be correct a hammer would be super effective against skelitons which my sword seems to be lacking.

Just need an oppinion if it's a nce find for me to use.

Returning throwers are not exceptionally rare. You can usually pick one up in the AH for fairly cheap.

That said, the pure good is a nice suffix to have so it's probably worth keeping.

My returning thrower is a +4 Dagger of Thundering that I've added Icy Burst to. Works for me as I'm an Improved Crit Piercing spec but probably isn't the best combo in general.

Now, the really cool returners are the vorpal axes/shurikens that pop up once in a while :)

rimble
08-17-2011, 10:42 AM
It's something to keep in your pack and toss at perching Skeleton Archers or Skeletal Mages that you can't reach.

7-day_Trial_Monkey
08-18-2011, 04:10 PM
The only thing I've seen better is my +3 Holy returning hammer of pure good :)

willox2112
08-18-2011, 04:37 PM
Returning weapons are great, very useful when breaking exploding barrels at a distance. Also to call attention to mobs while you are in a better spot to defend yourself (like behind rocks or doors) when soloing.

I crafted a +4 Holy returning shuriken of Bleeding a few days ago. Loving it!

FuzzyDuck81
08-19-2011, 03:41 AM
Single best returner i've ever found is a +2 holy burst returning throwing axe of righteousness... pretty situational but handy in the right circumstances.

wax_on_wax_off
08-19-2011, 03:57 AM
Returning throwers are not exceptionally rare. You can usually pick one up in the AH for fairly cheap.

That said, the pure good is a nice suffix to have so it's probably worth keeping.

My returning thrower is a +4 Dagger of Thundering that I've added Icy Burst to. Works for me as I'm an Improved Crit Piercing spec but probably isn't the best combo in general.

Now, the really cool returners are the vorpal axes/shurikens that pop up once in a while :)

IC:P doesn't affect ranged weapons. You need IC:ranged for that :)

Jiirix
08-19-2011, 04:06 AM
As it is a blunt weapon you can use it on oozes. Pure good works on them and they dont take damage.

Sheep_Stealer
08-19-2011, 07:00 PM

Learn something new everyday. That said it seems to crit a lot more often than the 19-20 would suggest. Must just be lucky :)

Marcus-Hawkeye
08-19-2011, 07:09 PM

Just to make sure there is no confusion, IC:ranged does not affect thrown weapons. You need IC:Thrown for that.