PDA

View Full Version : Ruins of Threnals - Giant Caves

ryingar
08-13-2011, 10:41 AM
I would like to see the giant caves quests out in the Threnals area give favor and/or be on the quest list.

Hardly anyone knows of them anymore now that they are not the loot run that they used to be.

If they were on the quest list they would be a little more visable to newer players.

Thanks for your time.

FuzzyDuck81
08-13-2011, 10:48 AM
/signed - even if it was only small, 2/4/6 favour like some of the harbour ones itd be nice

But then, the whole of the Threnal pack could really do with an overhaul & relaunch

Memnir
08-13-2011, 11:00 AM
When the ruins themselves got the cosmetic overhaul a little time ago - I was hoping that the Dev-Lovin' would continue and lead to an overhaul of the whole area. It's a great area with a cool story... but nobody runs it because the quest-giver mechanics out there are so bad. It really does need to be updated, the outlying caves included.

Ah well... maybe eventually.

Kromize
08-13-2011, 03:09 PM
When the ruins themselves got the cosmetic overhaul a little time ago - I was hoping that the Dev-Lovin' would continue and lead to an overhaul of the whole area. It's a great area with a cool story... but nobody runs it because the quest-giver mechanics out there are so bad. It really does need to be updated, the outlying caves included.

Ah well... maybe eventually.

Agreed. Threnal needs an overhaul. The quest chain needs to be re-coded.

And I would like to see a few more giant caves, maybe expand the giant cave idea into it's own quest chain with a giant cave raid. The giant caves can remain without a quest giver, but you can find a book or tome in each cave detailing some kind of giant plans to attack threnal. And after you've found the books from all the caves, you can put the pieces together and find out where the giant barracks are, and raid them to prevent the attack?

You can then talk to the commander in threnal about it and get a reward and favor.

Memnir
08-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Oh, and the Arena fight out there... It really need to be changed into something cooler.

Even 'back in the day' when that encounter was the best place to find a +5 longsword - it wasn't run very much because it was fairly anticlimactic and the swords themselves looked like Harbor trash gear. I honestly don't think I've run the Arena or even bothered to loot that dagger at all - or heard of it being run - since the Titan was a brand new shiny raid.

With all the stellar explorer zones that the game has, it seems a complete waste to let Threnal wither on the vine. I mean, look at the makeover 3BC got... and then think of the same treatment in Threnal. I can't help but feel that this is one of DDO's greatest missed opportunities.

Kromize
08-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Oh, and the Arena fight out there... It really need to be changed into something cooler.

Even 'back in the day' when that encounter was the best place to find a +5 longsword - it wasn't run very much because it was fairly anticlimactic and the swords themselves looked like Harbor trash gear. I honestly don't think I've run the Arena or even bothered to loot that dagger at all - or heard of it being run - since the Titan was a brand new shiny raid.

With all the stellar explorer zones that the game has, it seems a complete waste to let Threnal wither on the vine. I mean, look at the makeover 3BC got... and then think of the same treatment in Threnal. I can't help but feel that this is one of DDO's greatest missed opportunities.

Nostalgia trip induced.

I miss that. They need to improve it for sure. Make the items it gives a unique look. And give them more than just the +5. Perhaps something akin to fighting all the renders and beholders?

FuzzyDuck81
08-13-2011, 05:28 PM

With the new crafting system, and stuff like the trace of madness thing on the xoriat items that can be replaced with a choice of enchantment, this could make those threnal warblades quite desirable again.. maybe just a choice of stuff like arcane lore, metalline & aligned, plus a few other enchantments.. not overpowered but would make for some nice mid-level gear especially for 1st lifers etc.

Nysrock
08-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Man, you just reminded me of way too many loot runs through those caves.:)