PDA

View Full Version : Remove Evasion from Zombies

soulaeon
08-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Why do epic zombies have Evasion? They move slow, and slow witted by their nature. It really is nonsensical that they can have quick reflexes, and be so slow everywhere else.
If it is some kind of balancing issues, then I suggest increasing their health or make them immune to spell critical hits.

Eladrin
08-11-2011, 06:03 PM
There's only one zombie in the game with Evasion in the game, and it's a Karrnathi ranger. Karrnathi undead retain their intelligence and class abiliities from life, and are often neither slow nor slow-witted. (In fact, a great deal of the dialog in that dungeon is about how surprised they are at still being so agile and intelligent.)

Rangers gain evasion at level 9, so he gets to keep it.

soulaeon
08-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Wow, thanks for the reply Eladrin!

Are all the zombies in somewhere like Black Loch rangers?

TDarkchylde
08-11-2011, 06:10 PM
There's only one zombie in the game with Evasion in the game, and it's a Karrnathi ranger. Karrnathi undead retain their intelligence and class abiliities from life, and are often neither slow nor slow-witted. (In fact, a great deal of the dialog in that dungeon is about how surprised they are at still being so agile and intelligent.)

Ah, my favorite thing to throw at unprepared characters in PnP, Karrnathi undead. Good stuff.

Eladrin
08-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Wow, thanks for the reply Eladrin!
No problem.

Are all the zombies in somewhere like Black Loch rangers?
I think that the Karrnathi undead in Black Loch were fighters or rogues (Zombie Pirate, Mate, and Captain), wizards (Zombie Wizard), and rangers (Zombie Marksman).

There's a handful of other monsters in there too. like the Failed Experiments, which are normal zombies.

Angelus_dead
08-11-2011, 06:25 PM
I think that the Karrnathi undead in Black Loch were fighters or rogues (Zombie Pirate, Mate, and Captain), wizards (Zombie Wizard), and rangers (Zombie Marksman).
Rogue Zombies? Wouldn't they have Evasion too...

Eladrin
08-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Rogue Zombies? Wouldn't they have Evasion too...
You're right, those must all be fighters and warriors. I didn't look up the class of the mate and erred on the side of wrongness.

MrCow
08-11-2011, 06:37 PM

There's a handful of other monsters in there too. like the Failed Experiments, which are normal zombies.

Oddly enough, those Failed Experiments have a standard HD progression similar to the Karrnathi undead (Creature Rating = Hit Dice) instead of a standard zombie (Creature Rating * ~1.5 = Hit Dice). It makes them cakewalk to turn compared to older DDO zombies.

Angelus_dead
08-11-2011, 07:02 PM
It makes them cakewalk to turn compared to older DDO zombies.
Failures gonna fail.

sirgog
08-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Evasion - helping zombies reach the Braaaaaaaiiiiiinnnnnss since 2010.

Vellrad
08-11-2011, 09:19 PM
Little off-topic, but why mobs wearing heavy armor got evasion?
Wasn't it supposed to be ligth armor only?

dejafu
08-11-2011, 09:20 PM

It'd be fun to see a zombie type that fell somewhere in between - unintelligent like normal zombies, but fast and agile like Karrnathi. Think 28 Days Later rage zombies.

That would move faster than almost anything in the game.

Wave after wave of them...

Solmage
08-11-2011, 10:02 PM
It'd be fun to see a zombie type that fell somewhere in between - unintelligent like normal zombies, but fast and agile like Karrnathi. Think 28 Days Later rage zombies.

Just don't make them immune to firewall, and have them drop scrollies, and I'll be one happy camper, in more ways than one :)

Eladrin
08-12-2011, 09:09 AM

Juju zombies! (Those were intelligent though. Hmm.)

Missing_Minds
08-12-2011, 09:42 AM
Juju zombies! (Those were intelligent though. Hmm.)

I haven't thought about those suckers since 2.0.

Dungnmaster001
08-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Little off-topic, but why mobs wearing heavy armor got evasion?
Wasn't it supposed to be ligth armor only?

They all died before the "fix" to evasion so they got to keep the pre-nerf evasion when they were raised :)

HelvanderSeries6
08-15-2011, 11:38 AM

Ahh..
The Karrnathi rangers are basically like the Karrnathi elite in PnP which have been infused with unholy funky stuff from the plane of Mabar to increase their uberness. However, the Karrnathi Rangers in game should have their eye graphic changed to glowing red so as to have them look authentic. ;)

TheRealest
08-16-2011, 08:42 AM
Ahh..
The Karrnathi rangers are basically like the Karrnathi elite in PnP which have been infused with unholy funky stuff from the plane of Mabar to increase their uberness. However, the Karrnathi Rangers in game should have their eye graphic changed to glowing red so as to have them look authentic. ;)

would definitely be doable, i mean look at the eladrin's glowing eyes. That would look awesome.