PDA

View Full Version : Hi, a small idea

Vellrad
08-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Hi, its a small idea.
Loot at festivals was good and easy to obtain, if someone was in that random moment event was on-line.
Here's a suggestion for U12, 13, 14, 15 or whatever. Add epic festival items to epic festival quests: you need base item (lv4, from raid/end quest), scroll, seal and shard, to get epic seasonal item. It would be avaible 24/7, but much harder to obtain. This could be add to packs with small amount of epic items, or to new (coming) epic quests.
What do you think about it?

Vellrad
08-13-2011, 08:26 PM
Really, 0 replies?
If the idea was so bad, I would expect flamers saying that its worst thing they ever saw.

helicalius
08-14-2011, 12:46 AM
im no pro at aquiring epic items or at festivals, i stick to lvling my tr. but i dont understand what you suggested? people already need scrool shard and item to make an epic, are you saying that you want more epic items? is there a need for even more epic items? or you want to change the manner that some epic items are obtained? whats wrong with the current way?

Vellrad
08-14-2011, 04:40 PM
I'm saying, add epic items from festival, which are made only when festival is avaible to epic quests, meaning you can get scroll, shard and seal of currenly festive only item in epic quests, and make it when you farm ingredients in everyday epic questing, instead of once/year when Turbine decides its a good time for a festival.
For example:
Rigth now if you want, lets say, Epic Robe of Shadow, you must wait for halloween, when devs turn on Mabar event (if they won't change plans). Then you participate in event, get your item and you're done, or if you couldn't participate, you must wait 1 more year to try to get it.
I want scrolls, seals and shards added to epic quest drops, so, for example, you can get seal from epic Last Stand, shard from epic Tide Turns and scroll from any epic mob killed, or wherever devs wants to put it, so you can make this item and day of year.

Arctik
08-14-2011, 04:42 PM
I'm pretty sure the reason they made festival epics the way they are, is for people to get epic loot, without having to go through with all the normal **** they have to do to get normal epic items.

But you know, maybe I'm wrong.

Talias006
08-14-2011, 07:36 PM
But you know, maybe I'm wrong.

You're more than likely not wrong. The new way of crafting epic festival items is really a step beyond the current epic item crafting.
Which requires you to be either:
1) Lucky.
2) Rich.
3) Have friends who are not only 1 or 2, but also generous enough to help you out.

Memnir
08-14-2011, 07:43 PM
I'd rather not see the seal/scroll/shard grind added to Events. Or even Event items. I find that grind to be one of the least engaging parts of the game, currently - and if it were added to Events, I think it'd suck a whole lot of the fun out of em.

Vellrad
08-14-2011, 08:33 PM
I'd rather not see the seal/scroll/shard grind added to Events. Or even Event items. I find that grind to be one of the least engaging parts of the game, currently - and if it were added to Events, I think it'd suck a whole lot of the fun out of em.

I'm not talking about adding seal/scroll/shards to events. I want events stay as they are, but option to get epic from event more often than once/year, just like usual epic items, by creating seal/scroll/shard of event items and putting them into existing or new epic quests.

Memnir
08-14-2011, 08:39 PM
Yep - that's why I included the bit about Event Items.
If every event will then have an Epic grind attached - particularly a grind not associated with the Event, but in some other zone - I think that those events will lose some of their appeal. For me, at least.

A lot of what makes an Event and it's corresponding loot special is the narrow window in which they're available. To tie in an Event's loot to an every day quest or area would lessen the uniqueness of the event.

Sorry for not fully explaining that. Busy RL day. :)

Rumbaar
08-14-2011, 08:43 PM
So you effectively want the festival events to be 24/7? There are already epic version of event items, you just want them harder to get. But have the festival quests all the time so they can farmed.

Thus making them not special events, but just another adventure pack?

arjiwan
08-14-2011, 08:51 PM
I think what the OP is trying to say is,

Instead of the availability of Epic Event Items during events, add Scroll,Shard,Seal base Items to non event quests. So that, even after the events, you can still have a chance to get those Epic Event Items. Outside the event itself.

Correct me if I am wrong OP.

Anyway, even though I would like that idea, it will kinda remove the charm of the events, since you can get it 24/7.

Cheers

Vellrad
08-14-2011, 08:59 PM
I think what the OP is trying to say is,

Instead of the availability of Epic Event Items during events, add Scroll,Shard,Seal base Items to non event quests. So that, even after the events, you can still have a chance to get those Epic Event Items. Outside the event itself.

Correct me if I am wrong OP.

Anyway, even though I would like that idea, it will kinda remove the charm of the events, since you can get it 24/7.

Cheers

Thats why I meant.
I don't think it would completly removed something special from events- I think everyone knows how much gring it takes to get any epic item, I mean, to wait until you get lucky roll and seal and shard will apper in chest, while event grind usually takes max 1 day.

Rumbaar
08-14-2011, 09:12 PM
I was around when the pirate event was on, but found it boring. Game and event. I missed out on some good gear epic and not.

They repeat them, well Risian games, so I think keeping special items to those events rewards long time players.

Now would I like a BtA Large Bag that is no longer available from the store, but some people lucky enough to purchase then. Yes I would.

From memory there are L9 Green Steel items people have from before it was increased, now would I love those items yes. But as I wasn't around then I'm not going too, and they'll never be like that.

Doomcrew
08-14-2011, 09:16 PM
So, for the folks trying to get regular epic items, there will be
more chances to miss that piece they need as the drawing pool
would be larger?

Isnt there well 60 or so epic items from the desert? To add more
into the mix will make it even more difficult to craft.