PDA

View Full Version : Game Quistion

Darkstar1996
07-30-2011, 06:20 PM
Does this game envolve Tier Equipment or anything like that? Because i thought this game was just Dungeon Loot Wear Good loot, Next Dungeon, Loot, Wear Better Loot Lvl. Is this game like that or more Complicated. Cause if it was that complicated near endgame i mine as well go play Runes of Magic or World of Warcraft. Someone help? is this game like what i sayed or MUCH MORE COMPLICATED!

(I never played Pen and Paper D&D)

katana_one
07-30-2011, 06:28 PM
Never played WoW, so I don't know anything about equipment tiers or gear scores.

It's pretty much as you first described as you find and use better and better loot as you level. There is gear that only drops from raids, and from what I understand, some of that can be upgraded via grinding into epic raid loot. I don't really raid so I can't say much more about it.

I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to give more info.

Welcome to the game!

The_Brave2
07-30-2011, 06:33 PM
Does this game envolve Tier Equipment or anything like that? Because i thought this game was just Dungeon Loot Wear Good loot, Next Dungeon, Loot, Wear Better Loot Lvl. Is this game like that or more Complicated. Cause if it was that complicated near endgame i mine as well go play Runes of Magic or World of Warcraft. Someone help? is this game like what i sayed or MUCH MORE COMPLICATED!

(I never played Pen and Paper D&D)

If you mean upgradable equips as 'Tier Equipment' than no.. not really. the closest thing you will find to that will be raid items that can be upgraded to 'epic items' by collecting different materials from certain quests. These epic items are only useable at lv.20 (granted there are some that have bugged ML).

There are also suppressed items, Ex/ Ioun stones, Items from Mindsunder that can be upgraded by running the appropriate chain of quests.

But yes, basically you go dungeon to dungeon, leveling up, obtaining better gear, and once at cap, either gearing your toon to the max or instantly TRing, going though the process again.

EpiKagEMO
08-02-2011, 10:34 PM
This game is find better loot, and use it. but theres also crafting.

Weapons and armor are pretty simple in dnd, since you cant really upgrade it(exception of crafting). until you get near endgame ->green steel.
I think the only weapons that have tiers are Green steel. high level crafting from the pack "the vale of twilight." the crafting ingredients for green steel are all in the quest pack, so it should be pretty simple. there are planners that make green steel less complicated.

the gameplay of dnd and wow is totally different. try it out before switching.

^^ sounded like some review... lol.