PDA

View Full Version : Sad soul trapper

Kalari
07-19-2011, 07:20 PM
Look not asking for it to be too easier or take the grind out for those who have the time or want to do it. But can we get average and small khyber dragon shards sold already? I pooled together off 20 played alts and threw donations from a kind guildy 30000 khyber dragon shard fragments. I was thinking woot with all of these crunched down I should have trap the soul ingrediants coming out my pores...

I crunched them down and have 47 tiny, 24 average and 20 small. Sure enough to get a few souls here and there on things that wont save but come on 30000 khyber dragon shards to that?

So how hard would it be to sell these things? you sell the tiny at the portable hole and twelve so far (think amrath to) Did I miss a vendor somewhere? I also noticed you sell the khyber fragments on the ddo store why not the average and small? Take my money please! Just spare me the torture of pooling all these darn fragments again or begging guildies to help me suck out souls..

Sincerly a sad pale master who wanted yummy soul goodness.

Musouka
07-19-2011, 08:19 PM
I think the vendor in shroud part 3 sells the tiny also.

puget
07-19-2011, 08:34 PM
If you jump over to your servers' server forum, and post in there you need them, I don't know, offer to buy or trade or just plain ask for them and tell why, you may get quite a few tossed your way. If you are on Ghallanda or Thelanis, let me know, I have some crunched I can send your way.

Bradik_Losdar
07-19-2011, 09:35 PM
Poor Kalari....

You haven't figured it out yet?

You aren't supposed to MAKE your own Soul Gems, you're supposed to steal them from others who have put in the materials and effort to make Greensteel items or leveled casters and spent THEIR money and time making dragonshards as spell components.

At least that's the way the "drop in the open" game mechanism is still working....

But seriously, people still seem to think it's perfectly okay to just grab any Soul Gems just sitting on the ground; and your story about what it takes just to MAKE the component to cast the spell illustrates just how wrong this is.

When will the devs fix this so the caster (or GS item user) has the Soul Gems - which are rightfully theirs -just drop into their backpack on success???

(See also the first line in my signature below).

My apologies if this post was a little off track - I also agree with you about the number of dragonshards required to make these things being a bit high. :D

HelvanderSeries6
07-19-2011, 10:13 PM
The twelve sells tiny and not a 100% but i think Amrath sells smalls

Emili
07-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Poor Kalari....

You aren't supposed to MAKE your own Soul Gems, you're supposed to steal them from others who have put in the materials and effort to make Greensteel items or leveled casters and spent THEIR money and time making dragonshards as spell components.

At least that's the way the "drop in the open" game mechanism is still working....

But seriously, people still seem to think it's perfectly okay to just grab any Soul Gems just sitting on the ground; and your story about what it takes just to MAKE the component to cast the spell illustrates just how wrong this is.

When will the devs fix this so the caster (or GS item user) has the Soul Gems - which are rightfully theirs -just drop into their backpack on success???

My apologies if this post was a little off track - I also agree with you about the number of dragonshards required to make these things being a bit high. :D

Lmao... Sorry that is exactly what happens, I usually do not raise a scuff about it but is true.

My witch is a little low on Khybers but I'd be happy to send Kalari some if she were on Khyber.
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t92/bflat01/DDo/SgailKhybershardStock.jpg

Rosewood has two weapons for trapping and of course this is proc rate dependent so nowhere near the efficiency of the spell itself...

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t92/bflat01/DDo/RosiesSoulEater.jpghttp://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t92/bflat01/DDo/RosiesTriNegShortSword.jpg

... however you know the investment in doing so is still there. Usually if someone picks up a soul by mistake I write it off...

If I intend to go trapping souls I do so alone... and I do not know why but I trap things which are worthless all the same. I've tieflings, orthons, eladrin and succubi. ;)

What the Devs really need to do is "ADD BLOODY EASIER ACCESS TO LARGE SOULSTONE BAGS IN THE GAME!" opps sorry did not intend to be so loud... just that all these bags I do have take up some space.

Sarisa
07-19-2011, 10:36 PM
If I intend to go trapping souls I do so alone... and I do not know why but I trap things which are worthless all the same. I've tieflings, orthons, eladrin and succubi. ;)

What the Devs really need to do is "ADD BLOODY EASIER ACCESS TO LARGE SOULSTONE BAGS IN THE GAME!" opps sorry did not intend to be so loud... just that all these bags I do have take up some space.
[/COLOR]

Trophies! That's what I treat my Epic Souleater's pile of shinies.

kaleid0star
07-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Poor Kalari....

I would just farm solo on my caster for it, no need for a whole party just to get soul gems

Kalari
07-20-2011, 12:11 AM
Cool I'll have to look into that small seller if so that solves the brunt of my troubles. I know that with all the combined alts played I could easily farm essences and by the 1000 in bulk but its still grinding madness and the returns kinda suck for all that id rather cut out the middle and by my average and smalls out right.

As to the petitioning others thanks for all the offers guildies normally hook me up if I need anything just wanted to vent about crunching all those shards for that paltry amount. :)

Emili
07-20-2011, 12:27 AM
Cool I'll have to look into that small seller if so that solves the brunt of my troubles. I know that with all the combined alts played I could easily farm essences and by the 1000 in bulk but its still grinding madness and the returns kinda suck for all that id rather cut out the middle and by my average and smalls out right.

As to the petitioning others thanks for all the offers guildies normally hook me up if I need anything just wanted to vent about crunching all those shards for that paltry amount. :)

The bloody things are still expensive at the vendors... is just easier to send all your fragments to your arcane thru the post.

I used to make about 500 smalls a week when I was devout about such. I had so many once that I started handing them out in Krothos and placing them on AH for 10pp per 100 because they were filling up my bags so much...

I stopped making them and what is in my bag there is what I kept...

Emili
07-20-2011, 12:36 AM
Trophies! That's what I treat my Epic Souleater's pile of shinies.

Yes to me that is what they are/were... I gave away a lot of earth ess to some people who wanted adam ritual and tossed a few others on AH for the rogues to use. I had taken the time to actually trap some of every creature in the game. The only two I could not get were of course - a dragon and a lich. (not that a lich matters as would only come up undead).

Just got to be a space issue all the same just to show someone - one is plotting against me, a great malevolance is directed at me, water sloshes, a giant smells like cheese, elves smell of pine and plants have souls?