PDA

View Full Version : Guild True Reincarnate

Dispel
07-19-2011, 04:03 PM
I think it would be cool if, once you hit level 100 on your guild, you could True Reincarnate it.

Next life you'll get like +4 buffs instead of +2, and +60 resists instead of +30. 20% healing amp instead of 10%.

The Training Dummy should take twice as long to beat down, and you could get those cool TR wings on your guild name too. I think it'd be a great way for the hardcore gamers who have reached level 100 to show off and get some rightfully deserved buffs.

Doomcrew
07-19-2011, 04:05 PM
People, 1,000,000 monkeys may have just completed "A Tale of Two Cities"

by far your best suggestion to date.

Gkar
07-19-2011, 04:06 PM
I think it would be cool if, once you hit level 100 on your guild, you could True Reincarnate it.

Next life you'll get like +4 buffs instead of +2, and +60 resists instead of +30. 20% healing amp instead of 10%.

The Training Dummy should take twice as long to beat down, and you could get those cool TR wings on your guild name too. I think it'd be a great way for the hardcore gamers who have reached level 100 to show off and get some rightfully deserved buffs.

No.

Nothing about this is a good idea.

As it is the buffs re situationally overpowered, and the dummy is already annoying.

And those "cool TR wings", I'd remove those epeen symbols from regular TRing as well.

wigthemaster
07-19-2011, 04:07 PM
i have a feeling the renown grind alone would kill the 'hardcore gamers'

EDIT: oh my god... 2nd lifer decay.

~sumptingwong
07-19-2011, 04:20 PM
No god-mode please.

puget
07-19-2011, 04:23 PM
No god-mode please.

Absolutely agreed.

Please no even more unbalanced buffs than what is already there (by player level is how I mean unbalanced).

k1ngp1n
07-19-2011, 04:25 PM
I've been making a conscious effort to ignore these threads. Unfortunately, I failed today.

HAHA. Wow.

dragons1ayer74
It would be ok but each life you need more xp and the guild renown ramps up even more. Eventually these guilds would just implode.

rokes
And what about completionist guilds ?

:D

TheDjinnFor
07-19-2011, 04:26 PM
This suggestion is awesome.

Milfeulle
07-19-2011, 04:36 PM
...after 30 years, our lfm would be like this:

1. epic dragon, be able to stay in fire, NO HIDING.
2. elite tod, NO KITING.
3. fast shroud, 1 bard, rest dps, NO HEALER.
4. epic chrono, ZERG, byowail.
5. epic DA, 5 piker needed.

Dispel
07-19-2011, 09:33 PM

2. elite tod, NO KITING.

That's a little extreme. Remember guys, it's not particularly easy to get a guild to level 100, and doing it twice.. with a higher renown cost... it's very well worth it. +4 stats and +60 resists isn't gamebreaking.

Musouka
07-19-2011, 09:35 PM
I think it'd be a great way for the hardcore gamers who have reached level 100 to show off and get some rightfully deserved buffs.

I don't think showing off is a good enough reason for this. Showing off does not increase gameplay value at all.

Dispel
07-19-2011, 09:39 PM
I don't think showing off is a good enough reason for this. Showing off does not increase gameplay value at all.

I put a lot of money into this game simply to show off in PvP.

I know for a fact people do this sort of thing in PvE too.

LordPiglet
07-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Last I saw you on, you were guildless (I am just saying).

Although the last guild you were in were dumb enough to reject a 100+ completion exploiter from the shroud, so that may not be all bad.

LoveNeverFails
07-19-2011, 09:54 PM

Why not put this money into a game where PvP actually means something?

just sayin...

Ungood
07-19-2011, 10:05 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-sleep024.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

I have no idea what I just read, but was it funny?

Tsuarok
07-19-2011, 10:07 PM
/signed

But instead of +'s to useful stats, I propose a new stat which I will call awesomeness.

TRing, as well as guild TRing will provide increases to this stat.

It will have the following effect:

Anyone AFK within 25 yards must make a will save to prevent automatically performing the /bow emote with you as the target, and the line, <afkplayer> bows down to <awesomeplayers>'s awesomeness.

Keybreaker
07-19-2011, 10:12 PM

Representing 100% of level 100 guilds to date, I'm gonna vote... NO.

As many have already pointed out, current buffs are OP already.

(More than anything, I'd like to be able to place small hooks on large hookpoints.)

bebeosita
07-19-2011, 10:16 PM

No.

Havok.cry
07-19-2011, 10:30 PM
Some one said +4 buffs are not game breaking... I refer them to the ten per day omg casters are op threads. Any buff to a caster's DCs would be gamebreaking... especially because it would be badically limited to people who already can trivialize epic content and or solo tod.

corpman
07-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Hmmm i'm smell a troll.

/emote: grab popcorn

Falco_Easts
07-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Pretty obvious you are not serious and just fishing for a particualr type of reply to hit a particular button but /deargodnotsigned just in case a dev reads this before their morning coffee kicks in.

Guild buffs should not have been added period IMHO let alone making them stronger.

Ungood
07-19-2011, 11:15 PM
(More than anything, I'd like to be able to place small hooks on large hookpoints.)

Why? :confused:

DoctorWhofan
07-19-2011, 11:19 PM
/signed

But instead of +'s to useful stats, I propose a new stat which I will call awesomeness.

Anyone AFK within 25 yards must make a will save to prevent automatically performing the /bow emote with you as the target, and the line, <afkplayer> bows down to <awesomeplayers>'s awesomeness.

^^This

Yet another thread of awesome. It's not even the weekend yet.

voodoogroves
07-19-2011, 11:20 PM
That's a little extreme. Remember guys, it's not particularly easy to get a guild to level 100, and doing it twice.. with a higher renown cost... it's very well worth it. +4 stats and +60 resists isn't gamebreaking.

Define "gamebreaking".

Rationalize your own personal thoughts on how it is or isn't with the complete other perspective that says the +2 sats and 30 point resists are too strong for most of the game.

Flavilandile
07-20-2011, 02:22 AM

Been there done that...
It's not that difficult with LVL 20s in a LVL 16 raid, it just require that everybody knows what the others can and cannot do.

As for H4x0r idea... well, it's The H4x0r Idea of the Day. *shrug*

Who has the popcorn ?

Zerkul
07-20-2011, 02:30 AM
TRing is already time consuming... would you like to include in game another pass time to consume your life? I personally don't like the idea.

NaturalHazard
07-20-2011, 02:37 AM

2. elite tod, NO KITING.

ive seen elite tod with no kiting.He tanked the shadows

seen fast shroud with one bard and no divines in it, I was the bard.

And ive seen zerg epic chrono lfm;s up, dont know how they went.

NaturalHazard
07-20-2011, 02:38 AM
His vote still counts... and as there are only like five other ppl in a lvl 100 guild its a pretty hefty voting block. Also since you are speaking from a standpoint of no experience leveling a guild to that high... infact do you even get any enough renown to cover the decay you cause your guild (not meaning this offensively just wondering how much you quest vs pvp)... might be a tangent tho, feel free to ignore the question.

but think of how much better he would be in pvp if he could get invites to your guilds tr airship buffs? It would save him all that trouble running reavers and getting angry at people for looting their own tomes because he wants their tome?

Those level 2s comming in from korthos are providing stiff challege now, so i guess +4 buffs should help him maintain his dominance.

Quarterling
07-20-2011, 02:43 AM
I will attempt to spell out my response, using my toes instead of my fingers.

tyh9is 8is pri9obabl0y a cbad ideaq./

Now I have to go clean my keyboard.

NaturalHazard
07-20-2011, 02:43 AM
I wonder how long this thread will be open for? :rolleyes:

roryk27
07-20-2011, 02:44 AM
I failed my will save to click on this thread. I feel as if I've taken 2d4 INT damage now.

dasomdas
07-20-2011, 02:45 AM
and they invite every1 to their ship, and everyone have access to this buffs?
no reason for it

Dispel
07-20-2011, 02:47 AM
I'm not your Pal, bud.

I'm not your bud, pal.

MoonRunner
07-20-2011, 02:52 AM
Dude, put down the pipe and back away from the computer... I'm just saying...

mournbladereigns
07-20-2011, 02:53 AM
and they invite every1 to their ship, and everyone have access to this buffs?
no reason for it

but if they TR, doesn't that mean they can't use their guild ship unti like lvl 75 or whatever?

bigolbear
07-20-2011, 02:57 AM
hmmmm i dont mind them getting wings on their guild name but no ACTUAL benefit plz.

also ye know in the true spirit of TRing if this does go thru then renown required to lvl should increase exponentialy with lvl and how many TR's.

As a bonus let them keep the ship they already have payed for.

(yet again dispel your true sense of irony and ability to spark emotion ride to the fore, so i thought id respond in kind. keep em comin - gives me somethign to chuckle at over a mornin coffee)

DoctorWhofan
07-20-2011, 03:04 AM
I failed my will save to click on this thread. I feel as if I've taken 2d4 INT damage now.

Worse, WIS damage. maybe some CHA points too. If you are a melee, you're ok. THe rest of us are are not doing so well.

Talias006
07-20-2011, 04:52 AM
I've been making a conscious effort to ignore these threads. Unfortunately, I failed today.

HAHA. Wow.

Me too... Me too...
I usually try to see if he has a decent idea and not just a insipidly useless PvP buff that makes his pwning better.
Well, IMHO, PvP is pretty useless in this game.

Stop right there!
This is where it usually fails.
PvP improvements.
Not ever going to sign on something that enables someone to pwn another in PvP, just for PvP's sake.

I know how you feel.
I feel like Nikon on Hackers after he used his memorization ability to swipe a lot of peoples passwords at the Ellington office.

Havok.cry
07-20-2011, 06:23 AM
I'm not your Pal, bud.

+1 to you sir for the dane cook reference

I will attempt to spell out my response, using my toes instead of my fingers.

tyh9is 8is pri9obabl0y a cbad ideaq./

Now I have to go clean my keyboard.

And you win the thread +1

hmmm... I wonder if I can give Hordo more rep now?

lhidda
07-20-2011, 06:27 AM
Wouldnt it be smarter to increase the guild level to lets say 150?

grgurius
07-20-2011, 06:39 AM
Pretty obvious you are not serious and just fishing for a particualr type of reply to hit a particular button but /deargodnotsigned just in case a dev reads this before their morning coffee kicks in.

Guild buffs should not have been added period IMHO let alone making them stronger.

Think devs should be in a "lets see what happens when i mix shrooms with alcohol" phase to think this is a good idea.

Anyway, /not signed
/troll post
/popcorn

shores11
07-20-2011, 06:41 AM

/not signed x 100 if possible (very bad idea)

The players already are way over balanced in the game. This would be crazy.

Hendrik
07-20-2011, 08:32 AM
pretty Obvious You Are Not Serious And Just Fishing For A Particualr Type Of Reply To Hit A Particular Button But /deargodnotsigned Just In Case A Dev Reads This Before Their Morning Coffee Kicks In.

Guild Buffs Should Not Have Been Added Period Imho Let Alone Making Them Stronger.

:d

arch0njw
07-20-2011, 09:03 AM
No.

Nothing about this is a good idea.

As it is the buffs re situationally overpowered, and the dummy is already annoying.

And those "cool TR wings", I'd remove those epeen symbols from regular TRing as well.

1. Agreed.

2. epeen symbols... *snort* HA!!!

licho
07-20-2011, 09:09 AM

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2154/2421967468_c82182fa32.jpg

No need to futher wide distance between small casual guilds, and hardcore nolife one.

mournbladereigns
07-20-2011, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE=Havok.cry;3936517]+1 to you sir for the dane cook reference

http://youtu.be/gY3QmYqfgRI

articwarrior
07-20-2011, 10:42 AM
No.

Cyr
07-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Only bad things can come from further increasing the guild bonuses and stress on guilds that results from the renown system.

Grenada
07-20-2011, 12:12 PM
There is a certain brilliance to this idea.

If a few guilds 'tr'd,' then there would be so much more guild drama threads (and much more amusing ones).

This would mean i would have more excuses to eat popcorn.

There is a basic equation for this:

bad idea implemented=buttery goodness taste for me

Talltale-Storyteller
07-20-2011, 12:24 PM
Worse, WIS damage. maybe some CHA points too. If you are a melee, you're ok. THe rest of us are are not doing so well.

You kidding?! If he's melee, he could very well be helpless in his living room right now! Somebody call a cleric and get grab a lesser restoration potion!

Luckness
07-20-2011, 12:26 PM
/signed

LOL.

If my guild got to level 100, I would murder the monkey that reset it to 1.

Hokiewa
07-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Not signed. Overpowered. yada.

Rubiconn
07-20-2011, 12:48 PM
/not signed x 100 if possible (very bad idea)

The players already are way over balanced in the game.

Can something be OVERbalanced, this hurts my head to think about it.

To the OP suggestion, I think they should have made decay higher all around, reduced the small guild bonus and made level 100 impossible to achieve. Some of the buffs are nice but I dont see where it has enhanced the game that much.

NaturalHazard
07-22-2011, 12:45 AM

60 point resists? so 20 better than we can get on epic items? really? lay off the pipe for a bit.

NaturalHazard
07-22-2011, 12:46 AM

I know for a fact people do this sort of thing in PvE too.

yep im sure you impress the level 2's straight off the ship from korthos........... :rolleyes:

Battlehawke
07-22-2011, 01:00 AM
Oh.

PLUGintoTHEpowerLINE
07-22-2011, 01:13 AM
Oh, Dispel. You are too funny. You are way too funny, dude.
You do know that a simple mana pot will cure that feeblemind of yours, don'tcha?

I've earned my 10th G&T for the evening. I'll make some popcorn, too.

./inthenameofdoldornnotsigned

mudfud
07-22-2011, 01:25 AM
Last I saw you on, you were guildless (I am just saying).

Although the last guild you were in were dumb enough to reject a 100+ completion exploiter from the shroud, so that may not be all bad.

He just likes being invited to ship. It would get annoying because everyone would want an invite to said ship. It would also be annoying because people always decide to get buffs 5 minutes after quest started and group is formed instead of planning ahead and getting them before. No need to grief people anymore.

Taunted_Soul
07-22-2011, 03:34 AM

This would be a hoot of an option. Unfortunately it would never happen.

not signed.

Aelonwy
07-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Not signed. Op's been spending time at the Mad Hatter's tea party eating and drinking things not meant for mortals.

/signed

Forget Guild TR'ing, this should just simply be added as a benefit of level 100 guilds, speaking as someone in a mid 30's guild, I have no problem bowing down to the awesomeness of their achievment.

Dagolar
07-22-2011, 04:19 PM
/signed

We'll call it the Barney Stinson effect. And <Legend> tier toons will instead be referred to as <Legendary> toons. And every time you load up their bio, it'll read out as <Legend..wait for it>" as it loads, before settling on the full name.
And instead of skivvies, without any armor on <Legendary> toons will be attired in full dress suits.

It's perfect.
/Signed- awesomely.