PDA

View Full Version : 2 Quistions (Help Please!)

Darkstar1996
07-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Darkstar here,

Quistion 1: Hello Everyone, i am a F2p player and im wondering if what is the highest level you can get too? Becasue i know in the Harbor most Dungeons are open, in Marketplace most is locked. So what is the Highest Level you can get too without grinding the same dungeon over and over again?

Quistion 2: My Second Quistion is what is an Easy Class to play if im Not Beginner but im Not Pro, Becasue i use to play this game and i was a cleric, which was Fun but not a Good Damage Dealer. I want something that can do Damage but is Powerful in Either Melee or Magic. Or Even BOTH! Can Someone help me with a Race to pick, Easy Class (But REALLY POWERFUL), and a Custom Class Build (I hate the Builds they give you)?

Thank you for ur time!

Memnir
07-19-2011, 10:34 AM
1- You can get all the way to 20, there is no F2P level cap. But, it will be hard to do if you don't acquire some of the content packs by either earning the Favor to get enough Points, or purchase some points w/ real cash.

2- Warforged Sorcerer or Wizard would fit the bill here.

Anedac
07-19-2011, 10:36 AM
You may find the wiki helpful when looking for quests.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Free_to_Play_quests

Luckness
07-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Since you are F2P, you will not have Warforged.

A good suggestion is to choose 1 Fighter level and the rest in Cleric. You will get full martial proficiencies and a feat from the fighter level, and you will get the spells of cleric for both healing and damage. The reason that you did not see the cleric as a damage dealer is that you did not get it to level 11, when you get blade barrier.

The one level fighter will make you a great melee for lower levels, and the cleric levels will make you a great solo player with blade blarrier and heals from level 12 (11th level cleric) onwards. It's a very common idea because it happens to work very well.

Darkstar1996
07-20-2011, 08:44 AM
When i played before i bought the Halls of Shan to Kor Dungeon and Warforged. (Shan to kor is my Favorite). So yeah i was that. But can anyone tell me is there any good class to go with barbarian? and is there a good Battlemage class or is that just Cleric?

Classes i am gunna make:
Dwarf- Barbarian
Human- Cleric
Warforged- Sorccer or Wizard, It depends how you change spells as a Sorccer, can anyone tell me?

~Thank you D&D Community~

dkyle
07-20-2011, 08:57 AM
So yeah i was that. But can anyone tell me is there any good class to go with barbarian?

Dwarves, Humans, and WF make good Barbarians.

Of course, Half Orcs are far and away the best damage dealing Barbarians, if you want to buy them.

and is there a good Battlemage class or is that just Cleric?

A "mage" usually means Wizard or Sorc. It is possible to make a melee Wizard or Sorc, but very, very difficult to do well. Very much a "pro" thing to try to do. But non-melee Arcanes, and especially Sorcs, can still deal quite a lot of damage, thanks to their spells.

In contrast, melee Clerics are not at all uncommon. Frequently, they take a 2 fighter splash for proficiencies and feats.

Warforged- Sorccer or Wizard, It depends how you change spells as a Sorccer, can anyone tell me?

You talk to your trainer, spend a small amount of plat, and you can swap out a spell. You can only do this once every three days.

Alternatively, you can use a Blood of Dragons, which drops, Bound to Account, from several quests/raids involving dragons. This allows you free spell swaps for an hour, and bypasses the three day timer.

My advice would be WF Sorc, if you want to cast lots of damage spells, or Drow/Human/Elf Pale Master Wizard, if you want to be good at control spells, especially instant kill spells.

PNellesen
07-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Since you are F2P, you will not have Warforged.

A good suggestion is to choose 1 Fighter level and the rest in Cleric. You will get full martial proficiencies and a feat from the fighter level, and you will get the spells of cleric for both healing and damage. The reason that you did not see the cleric as a damage dealer is that you did not get it to level 11, when you get blade barrier.

The one level fighter will make you a great melee for lower levels, and the cleric levels will make you a great solo player with blade blarrier and heals from level 12 (11th level cleric) onwards. It's a very common idea because it happens to work very well.

Agree with this - you can choose to go either "melee focused" or "casting focused" with this build, without sacrificing any healing. I would suggest Human if you do, for an additional feat, but it's not a requirement.

EpiKagEMO
08-02-2011, 11:08 PM
The highest i've got to w/o buying a single pack is around 15-16? it was pretty hilarious. after an acid wit run, they would ask me to party with them at vale of twilight. LOL. Im sure you could get higher by banking levels and actually grinding everything down to 0 exp, but lol. you should probably have a pack by then(preferably vale).

always start customized. the never give you the right feats to build correctly -> ie. most of them dont give toughness at the first level which helps A LOT. start with barb or fighter, full 1)str and 2)con, dump stat 3)int if possible.

Note* i've built this before looking it up on the forums. but still should check their version of it.

Here Try this Layout. Gets traps, deals decent dps, and has hp for tanking
28 point TWF Dwarven +dwarven axes
12 Ranger 6 Barbarian 2 Rogue. Spell points from ranger(+3 wis item at lvl 4 ranger) 6 barbarian=hp 2 rogue=all the good stuff.

Str16 Dex14 Con16 Int 14 Wis8 Cha6

Feat /Level Progression-
1 Rogue-Toughness
2 Ranger
3 Ranger-Oversized TWF
4 Barbarian-
the take these whenever->power attack, IMP Crit slashing, Dodge w/ Mobility and Spring attack->tempest II

Skill Progressions
First level should be rogue for extra skill points->definetly want tumble for fun.
Ranger Level progression-> max disable device, search, UMD and Open Lock.
barbarian level progression-> max disable device, search and UMD
Last Rogue Level->fill a decent amount to balance

Playstyle progression.
1-8 Get traps easily, UMD a few wands, Use ranger back up wands. Start with G-axe until you feel your ready to use two dwarven axes. compare dps each until two dwarven axes do more than G-axes.

9-20 Should be able to use res scrolls with UMD

Dont have to use this build, but its a good, sturdy, solo capable starter build. wish you tons of luck and enjoy ddo!