PDA

View Full Version : Saving/Loading UI elements position

JPDefault
07-18-2011, 01:11 PM
The most annoying thing about (re)rolling a character (for me) is rearranging the UI.

I like to have four vertical hotbars on the right side, transparent quest progress window, a separate, tall, transparent window for the combat log which only takes combat and dice as input, I have the map in the upper left corner, buttons to its right, HP/SP bar just below the map, and more...

This very un-fun part of the game takes at least 10 minutes, and considering that I play PD you can guess I do that more often than others.

So, is it even possible to have a save/restore button for UI elements?
I can take "no" as an answer, although I'd much prefer a "Yes, sure, why didn't we think about it before?".

azrael4h
07-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Yes please! I'm constantly rolling alts, testing new things, and even occasionally LRing and tweaking existing characters. The hassle of resetting my UI each time is the greatest annoyance of all.

Idryss
07-19-2011, 03:31 AM
RIFT has this feature and it is AWESOME! It can import/export not only your UI settings but macros, game settings etc. Anything that is set on a per character basis, or even a per server basis can be export/imported. Very very nice to do.

BOgre
07-19-2011, 03:42 AM
absolutely signed! And we need to be able to save more than one layout as well, and more than one hotkey and keybinding assignment layout too. My monk's hotbars/screen layout are the same as my ranger's but I'd set up his keybinding COMPLETLEY differently if it didn't totally break my other toon's playstyle...

slimkj
07-19-2011, 04:14 AM
Yes this has been requested before, and there was dev comment on it being a way off, but is still long overdue. Another reminder is warranted. Green/red bags remembering screen position during a life would be nice, as well as the usual option to retain through TR or for a new alt.

JPDefault
07-19-2011, 05:12 AM
I forgot to mention I know it has already been discussed in the past, surely before the last "UI update" (I had big expectations for that one), but still we don't have such a useful function.

Oh and by the way my trading window always appears behind my inventory, would be nice if I could save its position too.
And the shop window position, that also overlaps my inventory be default. So does the shared bank window.

Dandonk
07-19-2011, 07:27 AM
OMG yes. Please? /beg /grovel

Sarisa
07-19-2011, 07:30 AM
One of the things I dread about TR'ing. Please add this?

Rastus
08-03-2011, 02:11 AM
Me wants this too! Pwetty Pwease?