PDA

View Full Version : Wizard PM Elf vs Human (or drow?)

dasomdas
07-18-2011, 02:17 AM
Note: İts will be a first lifer.

ELF
------------
+4 spell penetration
-20 HP

HUMAN
------------
Extra Feat
Extra Skill
+1 İntelligence

DROW
------------
+2 İntelligence
-40 HP

Note: I prefer elf or drow (just because i love 'em)
but if human much much better?
or there is no huge difference?

thenalim
07-18-2011, 02:26 AM
Human all the way. All works but the HP of a human is very welcome and you get same endgame DC as a drow

Templarion
07-18-2011, 02:28 AM
If I have understood everything correctly, human is better. But...

Create elf toon. You love elves (as you said above). So do as you feel best. If you like horcs, do horc PM. And no sarcasm here.

Play for fun. That's important.

NinjaNeed
07-18-2011, 02:35 AM
Please please please do NOT do Drow.

Con is not a primary stat for wizards so your hp's will naturally be low anyway, dont make it any worse!

Human is prob best imo, the extra feat is great (the skill point does not matter tbh, your int will be so high you will have loads of skill points anyway). Elf is nice due to the spell pen, but the loss to hp is not too nice, but get toughness as a feat and on an item (minos or slotted into an epic item) and you should be ok.

HElf is also a good alternative.

licho
07-18-2011, 02:36 AM

You got the answear.
I played both elf and human, and cant say there is MUCH difference.
After all its about 20hp compered to 400hp (its first lifer) at end game, at toon which is not really frontfighter.
I would not care about max possible inteligence, since on first life its still far way to anything near.

Malky
07-18-2011, 02:36 AM
On a first life, elf is a good choice now with spell pen APs and mass hold being subject to a spell pen check.

2nd life and more : go human, go!

If you're lucky and have a +4 int tome and at least one past life : drow can get 1 DC over human, but with one less feat.

LordArkan
07-18-2011, 02:39 AM
ELF
------------
-20 HP

DROW
------------
-40 HP

Huh.. am I missing something here? Aren't they both -20?

LolWutRoflstomped
07-18-2011, 02:39 AM
hElf is great also for first life... Fighter dilletante for leveling then LR to Barb diletante once you're done meleeing.

+3 Tome=Drow for 50 Int on TR

+4 Tome=Human for 50 Int on TR

Alternative
07-18-2011, 02:40 AM
Note: İts will be a first lifer.

ELF
------------
+4 spell penetration
-20 HP

HUMAN
------------
Extra Feat
Extra Skill
+1 İntelligence

DROW
------------
+2 İntelligence
-40 HP

but if human much much better?
or there is no huge difference?

Elves and drow get the same con penalty, not sure how you came up with drow having -40hp. Humans get +1 to two stas of your choice, if the second choice is con you also unlock additional 10hp enhancement. So humans are generally 4 con ahead of elves/drow. Extra feat can be spent for +2 spell pen if you need it further mitigating elf usefulness.

Drow is still a solid choice while elf is imo very suboptimal. Agree with others here, play what's fun for you.

dasomdas
07-18-2011, 03:39 AM
Huh.. am I missing something here? Aren't they both -20?

u cant max drow's con if u maxed int ( at first life)

dasomdas
07-18-2011, 03:40 AM
thanks for answers, im going to roll a elven lich
hurray! :P

unbongwah
07-18-2011, 09:44 AM
I say go with the race you prefer, but take advantage of whatever racial bonuses it provides. E.g., go elf and take Arcanum for extra Spell Pen; also add whatever Spell Pen feats & enhs you can afford too to really boost it. Whereas if you went drow, focus more on boosting DCs to take advantage of +2 INT.

ORIGINALBAG0
07-18-2011, 09:51 AM
Even with a drow, you're only taking a 20 HP hit. That means, with toughness, superior false life, and a greensteel HP item, you're still hitting pretty damn close to 500 HP in form. At that point, 20 more HP isn't gonna make that much of a difference.

If you have the gear (7 int item, +1 exceptional, and +1 profane) to even out the odd int mod, then yes, human is the top. For a first lifer, you're gonna get the best DCs out of a drow.