PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer Human Fire Savant 32pts Help

Abierl
07-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Hello fellows!

I'm trying to build one Human Fire Savant, 32pt.
I'm using as base to mine Sorcerer Velkro build:
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=230660
But i'm really lost with enhancements... Can anyone give-me some advice?

Thanks!

Oracle_Gil
07-17-2011, 02:54 PM
I hope you do realise that this post was before U9. If you build a fire savant, later in game you will mostly encounter fire immune enemies, and you will have negetive levels to you ice spells... read polar ray -> a single target spell with no saves.

EDIT: As long as you know that, enhancements will be pretty straightforward. You would be busy taking all the fire based enhancements for your savants. Also take spell pen when you start meeting drows... first enemies with spell pen(not counting rocky in stk), and I would advise taking human adaptability for saves from traps and more importantly, the skills...for UMD. Besides that you will have to take toughness related enhancements for the feat, to give you hp. 1 for scroll will also help when you will have nothing else to take. Also dont worry about enhancements that much and keep changing them as u lvl up. They are not hard to change.

Abierl
07-18-2011, 09:39 AM
I hope you do realise that this post was before U9. If you build a fire savant, later in game you will mostly encounter fire immune enemies, and you will have negetive levels to you ice spells... read polar ray -> a single target spell with no saves.

EDIT: As long as you know that, enhancements will be pretty straightforward. You would be busy taking all the fire based enhancements for your savants. Also take spell pen when you start meeting drows... first enemies with spell pen(not counting rocky in stk), and I would advise taking human adaptability for saves from traps and more importantly, the skills...for UMD. Besides that you will have to take toughness related enhancements for the feat, to give you hp. 1 for scroll will also help when you will have nothing else to take. Also dont worry about enhancements that much and keep changing them as u lvl up. They are not hard to change.

Seems pretty easy...
But, if I choose another element as the secondary element, such as force, points will be left for the enhancements required for the savants?

Oracle_Gil
07-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Seems pretty easy...
But, if I choose another element as the secondary element, such as force, points will be left for the enhancements required for the savants?
Dont concentrate on secondary element, enhance only fire. At low and mid lvls, fire SLA should do it. At high lvls, you will get used to things and would be able to decide by yourself. So just concentrate on fire, you can rule the game till you hit sands... where you will meet fire immune demons. At that time, start thinking about secondary and not befor ethat

Goldeneye
07-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Hey there Abierl!
That's a good build you found :)

Fire Savant is the best early on. Levels 1-15ish Fire Savant does some really great damage. Once you get Fireball / Fireball, you get some great splash damage goin.

However, end game (levels 18, 19, 20 + Epics) there are a ton of fire-immune enemies, so I'd say Water or Air is the best.

My Velkro is level 20, currently specced Water - geared to the teeth - and really loving it.
PM me if you have any questions regarding enhancements, gear, spells, etc.
-Velkro