PDA

View Full Version : Wizard So PM Nerf is realized

Plutonian
07-16-2011, 09:34 AM
Short description; Started to Epic Chronoscope.. after first run every time at the begining Tiefling Cleric cast Death Ward to all mobs before have my sight.. I did 25 run 3 days before and in none of them this thing never happen..

After long systematic "Nerf Casters" posts this experience only results with "so said balance take action"...

Beside in some other on-line game communities forbids such trollings, it's very clear to reading such words in a Official forum creates confusion about your actions.. what you should do .. Have those abilities / classes / in game actions or stop and wait for moderation.. balance.. or developing adjustments .. nerfs.

In this example, it has another part; after long wait casters, specially Arcane class, has start to have some weight but as seen this will never happen.. at this moment I should tell how my Main character my wizard has been in closet almost a year and when u neglect your stubbornness and playing a melee how beneficial it is for your Fun Time...

a player suppose to know what kind of abilities s/he should aim to have.. for a RPG; armors, weapons, potions or other in game possibilities. If your said abilities can change in a day without any information attempt or description or any care about you are here .. so ! Do you really be here ? ..

I see this as my part is done..

ps: There is no such a explanation as Easy buttons and cries. You should be have something (Item, ability, paper, horse etc.) or not. Player, me, you, or any sane person cant expect every day balance, every day change. cant bare this .. If Somebody really think its about easy buttons still .. "Insta-kill button pushers want some revenge" go a head.. But remind words about Epic Mabar Wraps or more..

I'm done

Alternative
07-16-2011, 09:41 AM
This tiefling was casting DW since chrono came out, nothing new. Just sneak up and PWK to be sure, only the closer one casts DW.

Sirea
07-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Well you could always try to build your characters as something other than a one-trick pony.

That caster has throw Mass Death Ward for as long as I can remember.

So if that's all it takes for you to be "done", then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

kazeikan
07-16-2011, 09:44 AM
shhhhh.... be vwery vwery qwiet.

Viisari
07-16-2011, 09:47 AM
*snip*

Dude, that thiefling has been casting DW since forever.

Plutonian
07-16-2011, 09:53 AM
No. She casts DW without sight of you.. normally She needs to agro on you.. When she casts DW as a normal action, you already have the agro of devil, this means u already spotted... I'm doing this runs from second floor where she don't have my sight, actually none of Mobsters have my sight ... without any agro, any spell, action .. She casts DW at very beginning. When GM speech ends, she is casting Death Ward on all of mobs...

Hendrik
07-16-2011, 09:53 AM
well You Could Always Try To Build Your Characters As Something Other Than A One-trick Pony.

That Caster Has Throw Mass Death Ward For As Long As I Can Remember.

So If That's All It Takes For You To Be "done", Then Don't Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out.

Qft.

;)

Viisari
07-16-2011, 09:54 AM
No. She casts DW without sight of you.. normally She needs to agro on you.. When she casts DW as a normal action, you already have the agro of devil, this means u already spotted... I'm doing this runs from second floor where she don't have my sight, actually none of Mobsters have my sight ... without any agro, any spell, action .. She casts DW at very beginning. When GM speech ends, she is casting Death Ward on all of mobs...

Whatever, adapt or die, as they say on the EVE forums.

k1ngp1n
07-16-2011, 09:59 AM

Your tears are most unfounded.

Ebonta
07-16-2011, 10:03 AM
She's always done that. Just hit her with a Web, Otto's, or Power Word Kill before she can.

Shmuel
07-16-2011, 10:05 AM
She has always had her first action be to dw herself, then bazdor, then others. the key is killing her before she can. have a web already cast so she gets trapped before she can cast it, kill her, and move on. there has been no change. sounds like you just were a little slow on the draw this last time.

Plutonian
07-16-2011, 10:15 AM
I made 25 runs just 3 day before.. in none of em she did such thing.. I have enlarge .. Im taking her by FoD than arcanist.. than proceed.. 25 run.. I'm not exaggerate the thing.. maybe Im bit off w those Nerf spams ( now I did another one) . but after each run without any way to prevent it shes casting it.. this bit much.. while GM speech I cant target em .. after speech.. without a stop. she s casting it.

Viisari
07-16-2011, 10:17 AM
I made 25 runs just 3 day before.. in none of em she did such thing.. I have enlarge .. Im taking her by FoD than arcanist.. than proceed.. 25 run.. I'm not exaggerate the thing.. maybe Im bit off w those Nerf spams ( now I did another one) . but after each run without any way to prevent it shes casting it.. this bit much.. while GM speech I cant target em .. after speech.. without a stop. she s casting it.

So web her, problem solved.

Buggss
07-16-2011, 10:21 AM

Actually it's spelt "Be vewy vewy qwiet...."

I should know, I invented it.. ;)

knightgf
07-16-2011, 10:44 AM
Once DW is cast, is it possible to dispel it or is the CL so high that its practically impossible even with mordenkainen's disjunction?

Viisari
07-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Once DW is cast, is it possible to dispel it or is the CL so high that its practically impossible even with mordenkainen's disjunction?

Haven't tried it but if I had to guess I'd say you can't really dispell it due to epic mob caster levels.

Tirisha
07-16-2011, 01:06 PM
So web her, problem solved.

^ web+PWK, Finger arcane, circle /wail insignificants.

Chai
07-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Well you could always try to build your characters as something other than a one-trick pony.

That caster has throw Mass Death Ward for as long as I can remember.

So if that's all it takes for you to be "done", then don't let the door hit you on the way out.

This is all fine and dandy, until that one trick pony outs peoples DPS on bosses and kills trash faster than the last one trick pony did. Then the builders of the previous one trick pony call for nerfs of the current one trick pony. Ive said one trick pony alot now havent I?

One trick pony. :p

Chai
07-16-2011, 01:14 PM
Whatever, adapt or die, as they say on the EVE forums.

Tell that to all the melee screaming for caster nerfs, heh.

Tirisha
07-16-2011, 01:14 PM
This is all fine and dandy, until that one trick pony outs peoples DPS on bosses and kills trash faster than the last one trick pony did. Then the builders of the previous one trick pony call for nerfs of the current one trick pony. Ive said one trick pony alot now havent I?

One trick pony. :p

If being able to self heal, clear trash, cc trash, dps the boss and tank the boss all exceptionally well constitutes a 1 trick pony then what you said might make sense to me.:p

/derail

Tirisha
07-16-2011, 01:16 PM
Tell that to all the melee screaming for caster nerfs, heh.

I already rolled a caster:p

/double derail.... oh I'm good:D

Glom66
07-16-2011, 01:20 PM

Do not harm the fluffy bunny wabbits they are not wesponsible for any nerfs.

voodoogroves
07-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Hoenstly, I wish more fights were like that one. Does it seem "trivial" if you've got a good strategy? Maybe. If you don't though, time to go nuts. And if you mess up, that's a perfect fight to make sure you've got some melee for in case your specific strategy fails.

Now we need another one like that where their are 2 casters ... and another where there's just one caster who has FOM (so kill it quick) ... and another where the caster has Deathblock but no FOM ... one that has no FOM or deathblock but a high (yet achievable with luck or the right gear) SR - to the point you have to consider using finger instead of PWK because you can get a higher spell pen on finger, etc.

MOAR PLZ KKTHX

azrael4h
07-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Hoenstly, I wish more fights were like that one. Does it seem "trivial" if you've got a good strategy? Maybe. If you don't though, time to go nuts. And if you mess up, that's a perfect fight to make sure you've got some melee for in case your specific strategy fails.

Now we need another one like that where their are 2 casters ... and another where there's just one caster who has FOM (so kill it quick) ... and another where the caster has Deathblock but no FOM ... one that has no FOM or deathblock but a high (yet achievable with luck or the right gear) SR - to the point you have to consider using finger instead of PWK because you can get a higher spell pen on finger, etc.

MOAR PLZ KKTHX

This. Blanket, undispellable immunities are bad for the game. They remove characters' abilities entirely, putting us in a situation like we were pre U9 - Mass hold and buff or GTFO. Mobs casting immunities and forcing us to dispel them, or work around them, is adding some small challenge. So long as you can bypass or get around something, it's fine. We do have dispel and disjunction.

wolflairabyss99
07-16-2011, 01:59 PM
i don't play a wizard but i have ran some epics with them and it seems like the trashed the viability of necromancy. when enough people cry nerf, someone has to bend over and take it like a female dog. ddo will never set foot in the realm of balance if they work like that.

by balance, i mean classes playing like they are suppose to, not like everything else.

Gunga
07-16-2011, 02:07 PM
I'm not some big caster expert, but couldn't you just dispel the dw?

diamabel
07-16-2011, 02:10 PM
... Started to Epic Chronoscope.. after first run every time at the begining Tiefling Cleric cast Death Ward to all mobs before have my sight...

In such cases either try to focus on the enemy caster before he/she can cast the spell. If that fails you can try to dispell death ward. If you don't want to dispel then resort to other spells.

The tools are there since day 1 of DDO.

bartosy
07-16-2011, 02:25 PM
my Main character my wizard has been in closet almost a year

I see the problem is right here..

Jubbers
07-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Break Enchantment, Dispel magic and disjunction are your friend.... yea they arn't loaded and you may not even have um.

The NPC casters at high level should be smart enough to overcome "basic" kill everything tactics and if my buddy teleported off to go kill some **** I'd cast deathward, divine power and divine favor to start off so I'd be ready when I figured out where he went.

That caster has been throwing that spell forever, just cuse something this time in is a little different no complaining just learn to use the other spells in the list... it'll make you a lot happier. Our DC's are high enough to overcome the warding if we use the proper spells... enjoy the challange.

voodoogroves
07-16-2011, 03:57 PM
This. Blanket, undispellable immunities are bad for the game. They remove characters' abilities entirely, putting us in a situation like we were pre U9 - Mass hold and buff or GTFO. Mobs casting immunities and forcing us to dispel them, or work around them, is adding some small challenge. So long as you can bypass or get around something, it's fine. We do have dispel and disjunction.

And when special tactics fail, the one thing that always works is a greataxe to the head.

Viisari
07-16-2011, 04:02 PM
http://ddowiki.com/page/Mordenkainen%27s_Disjunction

A powerful force disrupts magical effects on the target, removing ongoing spells that have been cast on a target. You must make a caster level check of 1d20+your caster level (No maximum.) versus 11+the spell's caster level to remove a spell effect, and your target must make a Will save for each equipped item or all magical properties on them are temporarily disabled. Very slow cast time.

The divine caster in ehcrono first fight is probably CR 35-38, so you have to beat a roll against 46-49. With 20 + 1d20, that's not going to happen. Sorry, dispell and disjunction are useless in epics.

Lemanchot
07-16-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm shocked.... DW prevent insta kill spells. If I knew it!

Chai
07-16-2011, 04:39 PM
If being able to self heal, clear trash, cc trash, dps the boss and tank the boss all exceptionally well constitutes a 1 trick pony then what you said might make sense to me.:p

/derail

Weve built melee that do this since ot 6. Some people just sacrifice all those things for "moar DPS" then complain when they are no longer "max DPS"

Ill take the melee / caster relationship we have now over what we had pre U9 any day. We still face roll all the same content, including elite amrath and epics with melee. I can actually dust the cobwebs off my wizard and play the class now rather than hit up a group that already has one, get declined, then jump on a bard or barbarian to hit up the same LFM to get accepted.