PDA

View Full Version : Bard Mithril Chain shirts. What do I use after?

Ragnarnessaja
07-15-2011, 05:20 PM
So, like the title says, I'm currently rocking a +3 Mithril Chain shirt. I've got a +4 and +5 ready for when I get to them, but I wanted to know what sort of armor you experienced Bards would advise me to use from say.. 8 and upwards.

Any suggestions?

Milfeulle
07-15-2011, 05:22 PM
If you're a melee bard, go for Marilith Chain.

Beld
07-15-2011, 05:25 PM
The epic Maralith Chain is.....epic tho :D

gDra
07-15-2011, 05:26 PM
AC will not be high on a bard, I went with robes.
Used Deathblock, Greater Elemental Resists, Heavy Fort, Magi... depending on my gear setup.

unbongwah
07-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Unless you've built for it, AC won't be an issue past a certain point, so you'll choose your armor for other attributes, like DR, Deathblock, guard effects, etc. If you're a Warchanter w/out Evasion, then Marilith Chain is a good one for +6 Seeker (epic is +10).

Illiain
07-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Well, Marilith Chain is medium armor so you'll have arcane casting penalties unless you have WC2. If you're a SS or Virt your better off sticking to robes, or whatever you can find with the best bonuses.

Unless you focus heavily on AC, you probably won't have enough to worry about at high levels. Just look for stats that help you instead.

Blue Dragonscale leather/robes are nice for a caster, if you don't have arcane lore on anything else.

Ragnarnessaja
07-16-2011, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the help guys. Just looked up Maralith chain and it sure has some great bonuses.

I will be WC2 at level 12, so I'll be able to wear it without any trouble. I'm sure once I get to 16 or so wearing that suit I'll know what else I should be gearing towards using. Thanks again!

badkhan
07-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Hi. I noticed that after level 10 i was getting hit all the time (wearing the best mithral chain shirt i could wear). After asking for advices, i started using a deathblock outfit of moderate and later of heavy fortification.

I made sure i had blur and displaced always on. It did make things a lot easier. You can also sing Ironskin Chant a lot.

Hope that will help.

Bodic
07-16-2011, 09:55 AM
Mith breast plate is beeter than chain shirt unlss you have the dex and well DT vestments is alwas a good choice.

cru121
07-16-2011, 10:38 AM
until level 12, these are the best non-named light armor options (unless your dex is very high):

mithral breastplate (5 AC, 5 maxdex)
elven chainmail (same stats as above)
darkleaf breastplate (slightly lower max dex bonus than mithral) (and often cheaper)

after level 12, consider mithral full plate (8 AC, 3 maxdex)

my lvl 14 splashed warchanter wears self-crafted +4 mithral full plate of greater stability. I carry a deathblock outfit of improved false life with me as well, but I feel better with AC in 30s than 10. This AC is still useful (I've got a lot of lower level quests to complete for favor). That said, heavy fort is often more important than AC, so if you cannot slot heavy fort elsewhere, wear that first.

RTN
07-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Around Gianthold, you'll stop having the AC to really make much of a difference. At that point, look for good effects. If you have the Orchard, get the Minos helm for HP and heavy fort (pretty standard gear for most toons w/o epic gear). If you have the Vale, the Breastplate of Destruction (Hound raid--I think that's part of the Vale pack).