PDA

View Full Version : MOD 3 BATMAN BUILD still in service today

illu
07-15-2011, 12:32 PM
dont play as much as i use to looking for ideas for a little more dps and keep the current versatility preferably with lesser reincarnations this is about it as far as i can remember from work

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 03.09.02
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)
Level 20 Lawful Good Drow Female
(12 Fighter \ 2 Paladin \ 6 Rogue)
Hit Points: 360
Spell Points: 0
BAB: 18\18\23\28\28
Fortitude: 18
Reflex: 17
Will: 8
Starting Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(28 Point) (Level 1) (Level 20)
Strength 14 25
Dexterity 17 23
Constitution 14 16
Intelligence 14 17
Wisdom 8 10
Charisma 10 12
Tomes Used
+3 Tome of Strength used at level 1
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 1
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 1
+3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 1
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 1
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 1

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 20)
Balance 8 15
Bluff 1 3
Concentration 3 5
Diplomacy 1 3
Disable Device 7 28
Haggle 1 1
Heal 0 0
Hide 8 10
Intimidate 1 3
Jump 7 13
Listen 0 2
Move Silently 8 28
Open Lock 8 24.5
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 3 3
Search 7 33
Spot 4 6
Swim 3 7
Tumble 8 10
Use Magic Device 5 23

Level 1 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Two Weapon Fighting

Level 2 (Paladin)

Level 3 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Oversized Two Weapon Fighting

Level 4 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Khopesh

Level 5 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Power Attack

Level 6 (Fighter)
Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 7 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Combat Expertise

Level 8 (Fighter)

Level 9 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons
Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting

Level 10 (Fighter)

Level 11 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons

Level 12 (Fighter)
Feat: (Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting

Level 13 (Fighter)
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons

Level 14 (Fighter)

Level 15 (Fighter)
Feat: (Selected) Greater Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
Feat: (Fighter Bonus) Greater Weapon Specialization: Slashing Weapons

Level 16 (Rogue)

Level 17 (Rogue)

Level 18 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 19 (Rogue)

Level 20 (Rogue)
Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost I
Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost II
Enhancement: Fighter Attack Boost III
Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost I
Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost II
Enhancement: Fighter Haste Boost III
Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost I
Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost II
Enhancement: Elven Dexterity I
Enhancement: Elven Dexterity II
Enhancement: Elven Perception I
Enhancement: Elven Perception II
Enhancement: Elven Perception III
Enhancement: Elven Perception IV
Enhancement: Kensei Khopesh Mastery I
Enhancement: Kensei Khopesh Mastery II
Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy I
Enhancement: Fighter Critical Accuracy II
Enhancement: Fighter Kensei I
Enhancement: Fighter Kensei II
Enhancement: Fighter Strategy (Trip) I
Enhancement: Fighter Strategy (Trip) II
Enhancement: Fighter Khopesh Specialization I
Enhancement: Paladin Extra Smite Evil I
Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
Enhancement: Racial Toughness II
Enhancement: Improved Disable Device I
Enhancement: Improved Disable Device II
Enhancement: Improved Move Silently I
Enhancement: Improved Move Silently II
Enhancement: Improved Open Lock I
Enhancement: Improved Open Lock II
Enhancement: Improved Search I
Enhancement: Improved Search II
Enhancement: Rogue Dexterity I
Enhancement: Rogue Dexterity II
Enhancement: Fighter Strength I
Enhancement: Fighter Strength II
Enhancement: Fighter Strength III
Enhancement: Fighter Toughness I
Enhancement: Fighter Toughness II
Enhancement: Fighter Toughness III
Enhancement: Fighter Toughness IV

Jaid314
07-15-2011, 01:57 PM
so, basically, you have a 12/6/2 fighter/rogue/paladin, and you want to update it to current without changing a bunch of classes?

ideally, i'd say you might be better off with 12/6/2 fighter/monk/paladin, but i guess that's not really an option (you'd need to get rid of the paladin levels first along with some rogue levels, then finish removing the rogue levels and put in monk levels, and restore the paladin levels... way too much work).

so yeah, it looks ok. if you are for sure doing a lesser reincarnation, i'd probably drop the dexterity to 15 base, and either put a bit more into strenth, or a bit more into charisma.

oh, and get the new parasitic breastplate if you can, then load it up with +10 reflex (if you can). should take care of your evasion needs.

overall though, your build looks ok. nothing spectacular, but you don't really need spectacular imo. good enough to have fun with is all you need, and how good that is will depend on the player.

illu
07-15-2011, 02:05 PM
the build right now can throw greater hero, res and heal scrolls, find and disable most traps even on elite ... epic is out of the question.
Gear is not an issue i can load up on anything for situational bonuses as needed

is i loose the rogue for monk levels i loose all umd and trap capabilities id like to keep

Jaid314
07-15-2011, 02:31 PM
the build right now can throw greater hero, res and heal scrolls, find and disable most traps even on elite ... epic is out of the question.
Gear is not an issue i can load up on anything for situational bonuses as needed

is i loose the rogue for monk levels i loose all umd and trap capabilities id like to keep

fair enough. i'd still lose a bit of dex for either strength or charisma, and i'd probably still be inclined to use the parasitic breastplate for the +10 dex boost. as an added benefit, you probably have pretty good AC gear, and i think the parasitic breastplate is close to the best AC armor for light armor in the game (it might actually even be the best in the game, not 100% sure)

TheDearLeader
07-15-2011, 02:33 PM
... epic is out of the question.

May I ask why you think this? And are you referring to Epic being out of the question for To-Hit Issues, Damage issues, HP Issues, Trap Issues?

illu
07-15-2011, 02:44 PM
right now i have icy remnants have not heard of paracitic but ill look into it, do a little research thanks :)

as far as epic out of the question i was talking about finding and disabling traps. i have dual minII and just about all the gear you can get up to about mod 9 when i stopped playing i have a little out of the tower but no sets and i have tharns set,

ive been in a few epics i do ok for the most part but if im soloing a pilar on the dragon i need to pack a lunch cause it takes all day

Yajerman01
07-15-2011, 02:45 PM
May I ask why you think this? .. Trap Issues?

I think his quote is, "find and disable most traps even on elite ... epic is out of the question."

Stanley_Nicholas
07-15-2011, 02:45 PM
Some variation of my build (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=311275&highlight=yogurthawker) might be more what you're looking for. It has much better DPS and better saves, by sacrificing trap abilities. I'm not sure how adamant you are about keeping trap skills, but the fighter/rogue/pally combo is better suited to just the survivability/versatility side than it is trap skills. If you want a versatile trap monkey with good DPS you're much better off with an exploiter build (18/1/1 ranger/rogue/monk or ranger/rogue/fighter) or a pure rogue, IMO. Basically the Exploiter is the modern Batman build, with AC potential added in as well.

That said, I don't see any reason your current build wouldn't be able to contribute in epics. Epic traps can be done by builds with 1 rogue level and good gear, and gear can also help make up for some of your DPS deficiencies. You won't be as good at DPS as other builds, but you'll definitely be able to contribute. If you're not able to get epic traps right now the deficiency isn't in your build (assuming you have max search and disable ranks), just a lack of gear that you need to work on.

TheDearLeader
07-15-2011, 02:56 PM
I think his quote is, "find and disable most traps even on elite ... epic is out of the question."

Right, it is. I wasn't sure if those were supposed to be matching thoughts, or if they were independent of one another.

as far as epic out of the question i was talking about finding and disabling traps.

But now I know! :D

Okay.

I think we can make it to where you are capable of finding, and Disabling, Traps in Epic Difficulty setting. Spots a *bit* tougher, but probably doable, as well.

First off, can I safely assume you have Spot/Search/Disable +15 Gear?

illu
07-15-2011, 03:04 PM
i have +15 all rogue gear to switch to and gh scrolls and skill boost, shortly after epics came out i went into dragon and failed consistantly so i just never tried again

TheDearLeader
07-15-2011, 03:20 PM
i have +15 all rogue gear to switch to and gh scrolls and skill boost, shortly after epics came out i went into dragon and failed consistantly so i just never tried again

EVoN 5 had ridiculous trap DCs. They have been significantly nerfed. Also, all other Epics have fairly reasonable trap DCs.

If you, with buffs, can reach 55 Search and 52 Disable, you're pretty much set for Epics. I prefer to have those same values unbuffed, however.

illu
07-15-2011, 03:34 PM
EVoN 5 had ridiculous trap DCs. They have been significantly nerfed. Also, all other Epics have fairly reasonable trap DCs.

If you, with buffs, can reach 55 Search and 52 Disable, you're pretty much set for Epics. I prefer to have those same values unbuffed, however.

thats about where im at for the most part i know i can definately be there with just a gh with switching items .. so i guess im ok on epic traps i just never tried again after my horriffic failure in evon5

ok so maybe drop some dex for more str but other than that theres nothing you guys see that needs a significant change ? just looking for feedback.

Spoprockel
07-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Last time i checked it was exactly 52 Search (epic Wiz King) and exactly 61 disable (Epic Party Crashers).

I don't know if all traps are exactly the same, but they all seem to be very close to these calues.

TheDearLeader
07-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Last time i checked it was exactly 52 Search (epic Wiz King) and exactly 61 disable (Epic Party Crashers).

I don't know if all traps are exactly the same, but they all seem to be very close to these calues.

Sorry, I suppose I should say "on the character sheet" when I mention the values 52 Search and 55 Disable. So, with +5 Tools, it's a +62 to the die roll. More than enough for Wizzy King.

Again, my bad for not specifying.

Buggss
07-17-2011, 03:37 AM
.....Basically the Exploiter is the modern Batman build.....

Not so sure about that.

I have a capped exploiter and a variation on the batman theme. The original batman was 10 fighter 3 pally 3 rogue, with disease immunity and saves for the pally, small sneak attack and skills from the rogue and the obvious from the fighter.

My capped "batman" carried on the theme ending up with 12 fighter 4 pally 4 rogue, giving him kensai 2, topping up a lot of skills, (balance, all rogue and umd maxed) and improved saves and a pally spell, usually lesser restore.

A pre is missing but the first stage isn't all that much of a loss, the only real loss compared to the exploiter is spells but at epic difficulty not many of the ranger spells make that much of a difference. The exceptions are resist and protection spells. Those I DO miss along with spell healing but the batman rarely if ever misses a heal scroll roll.

A very nice dps and utility build with some very nice saves and skills (imo ofc).

ThePrincipal
08-04-2011, 12:13 PM
I prefer 12f/6p/2r but yes this combination is the new batman. its so survivable and resourceful that it ruined playing several other pure melee classses for me.

Krago
08-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Im assuming the tomes you used all at lvl 1 are acquired before the change where +2 can be used at lvl 7 and +3 at lvl 11. The big difference is the +3 Int tome used at lvl 1 which would have given you unrealistic skill point spread.