PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Where do you get your charisma from?

CanuckWisdom
07-12-2011, 08:35 PM
I'm just wondering what item other paladins get their +6 or higher charisma enchantment bonus from?

I've been getting mine consistently from my cloak, but now it seems like the only slot on my character that I dont have/plan an item for that's better than just Charismatic Cloak of etc.

TheDearLeader
07-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Epic Vambraces of Inner Light for me.

Also, some do the Abishai set thing, so Epic Helm of Frost for them.

If I have to swap my armor out to use my nightshield clickie, I have an Epic Dynastic Falcata, as well.

CanuckWisdom
07-12-2011, 10:25 PM
What about non-epic? Im planning on TRing soon.

TheDearLeader
07-12-2011, 10:30 PM
What about non-epic? Im planning on TRing soon.

Well....

Sora Katra Set has +6 Str, Wis, Charisma when upgraded, and increases to-hit and damage. Not a bad set bonus for level 13 as a Paladin - but make sure to get Heavy Fort somewhere other than your Helm slot, if you use that option.

KreepyKritter
07-12-2011, 10:32 PM
My pally gets his charisma from his pants...

er... wait...

Blank_Zero
Rings are your friend.

simo0208
Greensteel goggles conordant opposition

TDarkchylde
07-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Tank paladin: Dragonmarked Ring

Hate tank paladin: Cloak for the moment, will move to ring once greensteel goes there

Phoenix-type paladin: Will go on Epic Jidz-Tetka (slotted)

CanuckWisdom
07-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Ring might be a good switch, and using the sora katra set for a few levels is a good idea. Ive been trying out switching in feather falling ring for when I need it instead of all the time.

NaturalHazard
07-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Ring might be a good switch, and using the sora katra set for a few levels is a good idea. Ive been trying out switching in feather falling ring for when I need it instead of all the time.

this might sound stupid but ive started using timeblades as a feather fall item, i found that I often forget to switch back my boots or ring, but I can see that I got a time blade out so its easyier not to forget to switch back to usual weapons.

TheDearLeader
07-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Greensteel goggles conordant opposition

Doesn't give Charisma?

scottmike0
07-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Doesn't give Charisma?

i always though cloaks were the way to go for pally cha items it seems its the only slot

wis neckless, boots = dex gloves = str ---- rings = something --- belt = con item
hat = toughness item---- googles = gs item and weps are your choice

TheDearLeader
07-12-2011, 11:10 PM
i always though cloaks were the way to go for pally cha items it seems its the only slot

wis neckless, boots = dex gloves = str ---- rings = something --- belt = con item
hat = toughness item---- googles = gs item and weps are your choice

I fail to see what that has to do with what you quoted.

scottmike0
07-12-2011, 11:11 PM
I fail to see what that has to do with what you quoted.

i tend to quote stuff that i dont realize what i read its typically how i reply if you read most of my posts xD

Claymorep
07-13-2011, 05:52 AM
If no epic item as possibility I think the best slots are rings

Why plural?

Because in the right ring (switchable) I have Lorinthor with +8 str and +1 cha and in left ring (not switchable, so no loss in DM) I use a Warchanter (also aKirian is ok if I remember well) that gives +8 cha and +1 str.
In this manner You have Your set and +9 to the most important stats for a pally.

A lots propose Kyosho set, but for a 0,22% more dps is a waste in my opinion for a starved class like a pally.

But let remain in topic:

Tod rings is the best solution, but they can be used ad lvl 18... so:

When I reincarnated I found helm a very good solution as I used
-Cha helm till lvl 5 (+2)
-Hem of frost (+3) till level 9 when I replaced with Minos legens
At lvl 9 I started to use ring as charisma item
-Silver concord (+4) at lvl 9
-Cha ring (+5 and +6) at lvl 11 and till lvl 18

Hope this can help

Symar-FangofLloth
07-13-2011, 06:11 AM
Doesn't give Charisma?

It gives you your +6 Wisdom, and presumably you're getting +6 to Charisma skills from it, but you aren't getting an actual +6 Charisma, no.

MrLarone
07-13-2011, 06:18 AM
this might sound stupid but ive started using timeblades as a feather fall item, i found that I often forget to switch back my boots or ring, but I can see that I got a time blade out so its easyier not to forget to switch back to usual weapons.

i'm stupid too if it is ;-)

OP - i use the Sora ring for char item

SlogUK
07-13-2011, 06:26 AM
My father. Mum had the looks.

elraido
07-13-2011, 09:29 AM
I have Charisma 6 in my DT armor, but just swapped that out for the epic cavalier plate. So, I made a set of epic gloves of the falcon....already had dex gloves, so why not consolidate charisma in there as well. :)

Normally, though for most builds, it does seem like cloak is the spot. Other areas on random loot is helm and rings. Remember, if you can live with a +4 vs a +6 you can always just use Eagles Splendor.

CanuckWisdom
07-13-2011, 10:34 AM
Because in the right ring (switchable) I have Lorinthor with +8 str and +1 cha and in left ring (not switchable, so no loss in DM) I use a Warchanter (also aKirian is ok if I remember well) that gives +8 cha and +1 str.
In this manner You have Your set and +9 to the most important stats for a pally.

Hope this can help

Yes, thats a good idea too.

Fire Savant ring is 6 cha 1 str too

Doomcrew
07-13-2011, 10:40 AM
It gives you your +6 Wisdom, and presumably you're getting +6 to Charisma skills from it, but you aren't getting an actual +6 Charisma, no.

I don't believe one can get +6 Cha skills from Conc-Op, Pos will give Cha skills
but Neg only will boost Int skills. Could be wrong though.