PDA

View Full Version : Give new life to Old Named Loot by adding crafting slots

oradafu
07-11-2011, 05:16 PM
I mentioned this in passing in another post, but I thought I'd throw the idea out here.

There's alot of old loot that has become vendor trash. Examples are plentiful in the game: from Bloodletter's Knife to the Templar's Chain to Tunnelworm Champion's Belt to Sword of the Giant Slave-Master...

How about if the old named loot received a Crafting Slot to add a shard from the new Cannith crafting system? For example, the Sword of the Giant Slave-Master is currently a +2 Greatsword with Elf Bane and a ML 2. The Devs could add a +2 Cannith Crafting slot that would allow a +1 or +2 Shard to be added to the weapon without raising the minimum level. It would give the weapon more flexibility and use in the game today.

The slot could be restricted in several ways to prevent the weapon from being overpowered. Besides restricting the slot with a +2 or +3 to prevent a +5 shard from being added, the slots could be designated as being a Arcane, Divine or Elemental only slot or a prefix or suffix only slot.

I think this would help bring new life to weapons now mostly sold to vendors. Hopefully, it will help new players gear up at lower levels.

DoctorWhofan
07-11-2011, 05:18 PM
adding that it would be bound to charcter when slotted, I think it is a great idea.

Musouka
07-11-2011, 08:12 PM
adding that it would be bound to charcter when slotted, I think it is a great idea.

Agree.

masterzzan
07-12-2011, 03:14 AM
agree, but only on vendor trash items :) .but any item that can upgrade to epic should not have this

Talias006
07-12-2011, 08:40 AM
agree, but only on vendor trash items :) .but any item that can upgrade to epic should not have this

Wait... is there an Epic Bloodletter's Knife?!? :eek: :rolleyes:

Talias006
07-12-2011, 08:42 AM

This would be a nice addition, as stated above with amended change to item when slotted. :D

TheDjinnFor
07-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Nice.