PDA

View Full Version : Paladin's to hit problem

dasomdas
07-11-2011, 07:48 AM
in epics, every twf paladin (if dont have a uber gear) having to-hit problems against non EO's
every other twf melees getting bonuses to attack
fighters have feats
barbarians.. high str means high to-hit
rogues getting bonus when sneaking
rangers and monks dont getting penalty (iirc)

so paladins need some to-hit bonus :)
my suggestion is adding to-hit bonus to divine might
or capstone gives to-hit bonus to non evil enemies

NaturalHazard
07-11-2011, 07:51 AM
in epics, every paladin (if dont have a uber gear) having to-hit problems against non EO's
every other melee classes getting bonuses to attack
rangers and monks dont getting penalty (iirc)

um whats this about monks and rangers not getting a penalty?

dasomdas
07-11-2011, 07:53 AM
um whats this about monks and rangers not getting a penalty?

tempest PrE reduces penalty when wielding two weapons.
and unarmed monks dont getting penalty, though

Uska
07-11-2011, 07:57 AM
I am not sure what your talking about if your talking twf monks have to take the feats to help and a paladin can do so as well mine is a THF but many are TWF paladins to hit is fine mine hits most of the time without issue.

NaturalHazard
07-11-2011, 07:58 AM
tempest PrE reduces penalty when wielding two weapons.
and unarmed monks dont getting penalty, though

not all rangers are tempests. They get a reduction on two weapon fighting penalties not a bonus to hit. Also not all paladins are 2wf, so how can you make that comparison?

dasomdas
07-11-2011, 08:09 AM
not all rangers are tempests. They get a reduction on two weapon fighting penalties not a bonus to hit. Also not all paladins are 2wf, so how can you make that comparison?

i think i forgot to write twf melees :) ill edit this

dasomdas
07-11-2011, 08:10 AM
I am not sure what your talking about if your talking twf monks have to take the feats to help and a paladin can do so as well mine is a THF but many are TWF paladins to hit is fine mine hits most of the time without issue.

what is your attack bonus?

Crystalizer
07-11-2011, 08:18 AM
so paladins need some to-hit bonus :)

like the divine favor spell that paladins have ?

Alternative
07-11-2011, 08:25 AM
like the divine favor spell that paladins have ?

+3 luck bonus while other classes can receive +2 through recitation. Making divine might add to-hit as well as damage is not an unreasonable suggestion, It would merely help paladins get a bit closer to barbs/fighters with their to-hit. Currently you need epic gear to hit reliably in epics as a twf paladin. Or past lives.

karnokvolrath
07-11-2011, 08:30 AM
Of all the melees ive played palidin requires the most micro management to keep your dps up there.

Barb is easy...hit rage...swing.
Fighter...hit boost.....swing.
Ranger...havnt played one since explotiers where still top notch but basically...rams might ...swing.

With my pally im constantly beating the brains out of my hotbar.

Do i notice without all the goodies its harder to hit...yes. But i also notice that monster damage when i crit.

In closing, pallies are very feat starved and twf hurts it even more. Do they need some kind of buff....well maybe...but thats a slippery slope because the crazy burst damage a well build properly geared pally can produce. If you make the class better for casual gamers the power gamers will turn it into the new flava, then they will have to break out the nerf bats and blah blah blah.

Alot of playing a pally is playstyle, maybe its just not for you.

This also may be good to read.,..
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=218542

biggin
07-11-2011, 08:32 AM
If you were having trouble hitting in elite content I could see it. Epic is epic. If your to-hit is a problem work to make a better character. It's the same with arcanes needing past lives to make DC's worth a ****. If you decide to play a class that has problems with epics on a first life then you should plan accordingly.

Crystalizer
07-11-2011, 08:57 AM
+3 luck bonus while other classes can receive +2 through recitation. Making divine might add to-hit as well as damage is not an unreasonable suggestion, It would merely help paladins get a bit closer to barbs/fighters with their to-hit. Currently you need epic gear to hit reliably in epics as a twf paladin. Or past lives.

or a bard :)
well i am leveling my pally atm so i don't know how they behave capped in epic
but i am able to hit in epic with my twf battlesorcerer so i am not scared of a paladin in epic mode so far :)