PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Event

AidanRyuko
07-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Server: Argonessen
Time/Duration: Any time a day for at least a week
Requirements: None

To celebrate the first 200k renown I earned I'm challenging this server to complete a set of tests that stretch out to several aspects of player skills. Because I can't seem to post pictures in this thread I'll be judging all of them in person, the only two challenges that could be done with screenshots is a proper picture of completing stealth reposession without kills and framework.

On top of the money reward your ingame name will also be written down here, if you manage to complete 6 challenges you will have the title "the master of skills" behind your name and at 12 challenges completed this will be "the grandmaster of skills" - if you are interested in trying out a challenge, reply to this post or send me an ingame mail in Argonessen, to "Aidanryu", so I can judge you.

Lastly, if anyone has feedback on more challenges that test out power, magic, healing or something let me know.

Rewards:
Easy challenge - 500PP
Normal challenge - 1500PP
Hard challenge - 2500PP

Current list:
Endurance:
Easy - Survive a fall from the airship with no featherfalling items equipped
Normal - Swim underwater from the irestone inlet quest to the stairs at the harbor Inn (without underwater breathing items obviously)
Hard - Survive a swim from the back to the front of the twelve building through the lava

agility:
easy - Jump the pillar at shipside in Harbor
Normal - Jump on a shipmast in Harbor
Hard - Jump on market pillar next to Proof is the poison entrance

Speed
easy - Run from one side of harbor to the other side in 11 seconds
Normal - Run from one side of harbor to the other side in 9 seconds
Hard - Run from one side of harbor to the other side in 6 seconds

Stealth
Easy - Snipe a monster without getting seen in Cerulean Hills
Normal - Complete Stealthy Reposession with 0 kills
Hard - Kill the framework boss without being noticed by any other monster (any diff.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Master endurance Shinyyobob - Completed the airship fall and underwater swim.
Master endurance Megabuns - Completed the airship fall and underwater swim
Grand Master endurance Shaddock - Completed airship, underwater swim and lava swim
Acrobat Shaddock - Completed Pillar jump in Harbor
Master endurance Jibbet - Completed airship fall and underwater swim
Master endurance Phantomgod - Completed airship, underwater swim and lava swim
Grand Master endurance Jadaroselyn - Completed lava swim

Last updated 14th of July

Cordovan
07-11-2011, 12:51 PM
This sounds like a neat competition, good luck!

Diyon
07-15-2011, 04:15 PM
Sounds like fun. Unfortunately you aren't doing this on Khyber.

Titus_Groan
07-15-2011, 05:16 PM
Is this difficult? I only did this one time and ended up deep in the water in one of the houses--i forget which one. I assumed it always dumped you in the water. I guess not.

bronzelyre
07-15-2011, 05:32 PM
Any plans of doing this on ghallanda sometime? I have like no characters on Argonnessen.

Diyon
07-15-2011, 05:57 PM
I'd like to submit an under lava timed endurance. Question is, are potions/clickies allowed? I bet I can stay in for at least five minutes, maybe longer.

SpiritofNight
07-15-2011, 09:59 PM
My Pale Master can survive indefinately under lava, assuming a jump to the surface every 2 mins or so to reapply death aura/fireshield blue

jimmy.
07-16-2011, 06:19 AM
could you move to sarlona this sounds cool and a way to make sarlona less boring ;)

AidanRyuko
07-16-2011, 11:03 AM
haha thanks for the replies, clickies and buffs are allowed in the lava swim as long as you do the full swim and dont jump/take rests inbetween.

so far about 8 people participated including some guildies.

~aid

Diyon
07-16-2011, 04:15 PM
haha thanks for the replies, clickies and buffs are allowed in the lava swim as long as you do the full swim and dont jump/take rests inbetween.

so far about 8 people participated including some guildies.

~aid

In that case I could sit at the bottom of a lava pool as long as my wallet and will to sit there held out.

AidanRyuko
07-17-2011, 05:44 AM
Proof it! talk is only worth so much, i've seen many die in the lava so far haha, only 3 people survived the swim at the moment.

Ps. I never noticed the publishing in the chronicle, a guildie told me just now, so thanks for that!

~aid

Diyon
07-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Proof it! talk is only worth so much, i've seen many die in the lava so far haha, only 3 people survived the swim at the moment.

Ps. I never noticed the publishing in the chronicle, a guildie told me just now, so thanks for that!

~aid

Come on over to Khyber some night and I'll be happy to prove it. =P

(You know, its not like it costs anything to make a temp character on a different server.)

Praya20
07-25-2011, 02:19 AM
i would love to try this, BUT is there a level limit on toonz? and does it HAVE to be the same toon for all events? :)

AidanRyuko
07-26-2011, 01:28 AM
you can do it on any toon of any level =)