PDA

View Full Version : Sorcerer Need advice for Lesser Reincarnating my Sorcerer.

whitehawk74
07-09-2011, 02:26 PM
Hello there.
My sorcerer needs redoing. She is currently level 17 and she is a Drow.
I went Earth Savant, and am thinking of either staying that way or going Fire.

Now I'm not sure if I can reset my base stats, if I can, what should I make them?
I also need advice with what feats I should take, and what I should spend on Skill Points.
She is mainly a glass cannon and I dont play her as a CC or Buffer. I have a wizard who plays that way.
Should I bother with UMD, hide and move silently?

She is a very old character that I made pretty much as soon as I reached 400 Favour.
I would like her to remain my main haggle character.

All help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

azrael4h
07-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Lesser Reincarnate lets you rechoose feats, stats, and spells entirely.

Fire Savant isn't great towards the later levels due to inherent immunities to fire that are prevalent there. Water, Air, or Earth are better, but I haven't played with Earth yet so I can't comment on how good or bad it is. I personally went Air on mine, and love it, but Water is good too. Since you're a Drow and won't have as many hp as a WF or even human, Air's knockdown immunity and abundant step clicky may help in survivability some; then again Earth's superior Stoneskin may help out just as well. Either way, secondary spec into Water, as it's got some good damage spells. I like air/water primarily because of the electric surge and biting cold spells.

Stats, max out CHA, rest in CON. All level-ups in CHA. You're a Drow so you don't get 32pt builds until a 2nd True Reincarnation. Skills max UMD and Concentration. Use a +2 INT, CHA, and CON tome if you haven't before the LR, and put the extra points into Haggle. It won't be as high as if you maxed it from the start, but you need Concentration, and being able to use scrolls of Heal and Raise Dead and Restoration alone make UMD worthwhile.

Feats are Toughness, Empower Spell, Maximize Spell, Spell Focus: Evocation or Conjuration (for savant). I like Quicken as well, and planned on SF and GSF Necro on mine (human, so I have an extra feat to play with).