PDA

View Full Version : Gift Giving using Mobile

arjiwan
07-08-2011, 10:31 PM
Dear Turbine,

I hope you could help me regarding this matter. I've tried giving turbine points to my friend using my own Credit Card by sending a ticket. It was successful and smooth.

Here is now my problem, a certain (different) friend wants to give me a gift for Turbine Points. But he can only buy through his mobile phone. I can't use the mobile since we are in a different country. He doesn't have a Credit Card, paypal. Is there any way to work this out?

My questions/suggestions also:
1. Is there any online gift card that we can buy? If not, we should have one.
2. Why not use the coupon code technology, after one use, it will be gone. Random long String of letters. I buy a gift coupon, send it to my friend, he checks out the pack, apply the gift coupon, voilĂ*! Done!

Cheers!

Victorie
07-09-2011, 09:00 AM
At this time we don't have any options for gifting directly with phone payments. However, I have moved your post to the Store Feedback forum, and I'm certainly happy to help pass along this feedback.

There are point codes available from a variety of retailers - though many do not list them online, you can check with your local gaming store. We also allow the use of Ultimate Pay and pre-paid cards for points purchases, so there are a variety of options your friend can explore.

cdbd3rd
07-09-2011, 09:04 AM
My questions/suggestions also:
1. Is there any online gift card that we can buy? If not, we should have one...

I have not read the details on it, but look at that ad on the home page where cards are available at Wal-Mart now. Might be able to purchase those cards through their web-site and have delivered as gift to someone else.

Edit:
I went and checked. Doesn't look like they're listing them on their site. :(

arjiwan
07-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Thank you for the replies.

Thanks Victorie for reading my post on a weekend.

The problem for the Walmart Cards or Retailers, both of us are in a different country, and outside the US.

Victorie
07-11-2011, 03:07 PM
He can buy cards locally and then email you the code to enter on your account. The location where a card is purchased does not have to match the location where it is entered. ;)

arjiwan
07-12-2011, 06:22 AM
I appreciate the time you are spending looking at this post.

I know and understand that game cards are not location based. But the problem is, the selling of these coveted game cards are.

That's why my friend resulted to mobile payment because there is no available way for him. As I stated earlier, he has no Credit Card nor paypal nor Debit Card. The place he is currently working is somewhat remote and/or doesn't have that big on gaming.

I hope someday this concerns will be addressed.

Why don't we take advantage of the technology we have. Coupon Codes. Like I've explain earlier. 1 person will buy a gift coupon using Real Money. Not TP. Then the coupon is one time use, make it random. He then pass it to the person he wants to give as a gift.

boomeranky
07-12-2011, 06:29 AM
The ultimate gamecard is something i just recently tried - works well, and you can also use mobile payment per sms or as in my case a paysafecard (which is easy to get in germany, no idea for your friend).