PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Spell Range

soulaeon
07-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Just a quick suggestion, to fade-out the action bar icons or have some other visual que when a persistent target is out of our spell range.

Lissyl
07-08-2011, 08:14 AM
Just a quick suggestion, to fade-out the action bar icons or have some other visual que when a persistent target is out of our spell range.

While simple and effective, I worry that the way calculations are done in DDO might cause the lag monster to rise with a vengeance never seen before! :eek:

If that could be prevented, /signed * 1000. If not...then hire some adventurers to kill that lag monster!

Xenostrata
07-08-2011, 11:41 AM
I'd also like to have my spell go off even if a monster runs behind me (I'm facing the wrong direction). Just because the monster I was targeting can't be hit by the ball lightning doesn't mean its 5 friends that were hit by the animation should take no damage.

soulaeon
07-08-2011, 02:42 PM
I'd also like to have my spell go off even if a monster runs behind me (I'm facing the wrong direction). Just because the monster I was targeting can't be hit by the ball lightning doesn't mean its 5 friends that were hit by the animation should take no damage.
That, or we dont lose any spell points for a "fizzle".

Notice that some of the targetting includes "foe" with "direction" and "focus". Sometimes, the spell requires all of the targetting conditions, while sometimes it does not. This could be more consistent, too.
Chain Lightning's targetting is "foe, direction, breakable". If the "foe" part is broke, then the spell should still work beacause the "direction" part is still there. If a spell can be successfull without a persistent target, then it should not fail when a taget moves out of its path, at least not fail within that path.

DoctorWhofan
07-08-2011, 02:45 PM
I like everything suggested so far! Not sure if it can be done, mostly due to the massive calculations and a thing called lag. But it would be super neat if we could have it, if it can be done without slowing the game down.

/signed