PDA

View Full Version : Monk earth stance movement speed = decreased attack speed?

ImFour20
07-07-2011, 06:27 AM
it's listed as decreased movement speed. but is it just running speed, or is that attack speed as well?

Rusty_Can
07-07-2011, 06:46 AM
Movement (i.e. running) speed.

FuzzyDuck81
07-07-2011, 06:49 AM
it's listed as decreased movement speed. but is it just running speed, or is that attack speed as well?

only running speed from my own observations - i tend to run my monks in earth stance for the crit multiplier.. but then as a monk at high levels especially even with the reduction from that you're still faster than most :)

DragonTroy
07-07-2011, 07:17 AM
from the wiki:

Way of Earth

Disciple of Pebbles: The mountain is eternal, and you have taken your first steps on the path to understanding the unyielding resilience of stone.

Lesser Mountain Stance: The mountain stance focuses on endurance and defense, granting increased Constitution (+2), damage reduction (2/-), natural armor (+1), and improved blocking ability (+1 blocking DR) at the cost of reducing your Dexterity (-2) and movement speed (-7%). While in mountain stance, you generate 1 Ki when struck by opponents and 2 Ki when critically hit.
Strike of the Enduring I: You strike an opponent, backed with the strength of the earth. Your attack deals 4 additional damage.
AP Cost: 0 (automatically granted to all Monks) Level: 1 Progression: Requires: Constitution 12

Adept of Rock: The mountain is eternal, and you continue on the path to understanding the way of stone.

Mountain Stance: +2 Constitution, -2 Dexterity, DR 4/-, +2 Natural Armor Bonus, +1 Ki when hit, +3 Ki when critically hit, +2 blocking DR, -7% movement speed
Strike of the Enduring II: 8 additional damage
AP Cost: 2 Level: 6 Progression: 18 Requires: Constitution 14, Disciple of Pebbles

Master of Stone: The mountain is eternal, and you continue on the path to understanding the way of stone.

Greater Mountain Stance: +3 Constitution, -2 Dexterity, DR 6/-, +3 Natural Armor Bonus,+ 1 Ki when hit, +4 Ki when critically hit, +2 blocking DR, -7% movement speed, +1 critical multiplier to monk weapons and unarmed attacks on a natural roll of 19-20.
Strike of the Enduring III: 12 additional damage, and 2d6 acid damage on critical hits
AP Cost: 3 Level: 12 Progression: 41 Requires: Constitution 16, Adept of Rock

Grandmaster of Mountains: The mountain is eternal, as are you.

Ultimate Mountain Stance: +4 Constitution, -2 Dexterity, DR 8/-, +4 Natural Armor Bonus, +1 Ki when hit, +5 Ki when critically hit, +3 blocking DR, -7% movement speed, +1 critical multiplier to monk weapons and unarmed attacks on a natural roll of 19-20.
Strike of the Enduring IV: 16 additional damage, and 2d10 acid damage on critical hits
AP Cost: 4 Level: 18 Progression: 64 Requires: Constitution 18, Master of Stone

and there we have it. earth stance, in any form, does not reduce your attack speed, only your running speed.

so, you might want to swap to wind stance before challenging that barbarian to a race. otherwise you'll be fine :D