07-05-2011, 01:42 PM
It's not like you listen to us anyhow.

dingal
07-05-2011, 01:43 PM
It's difficult to not get this jaded.

Cam_Neely
07-05-2011, 01:45 PM

Am I the only one that find the humor in making this suggestion where you did?

MrFister
07-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Am I the only one that find the humor in making this suggestion where you did?

You're not alone.

PS. Go Bruins!

Lyzern
07-05-2011, 01:46 PM

They be watching uzzzzzzz. Well it's like any other company, they can't just do listen to every single one or do everything we tell them to, but it would be nice to have some feedback from them, at least we'd know what they think of our ideas, they do that and they're easily my favourite gaming company.

Memnir
07-05-2011, 02:17 PM
I think it serves a purpose, and would not be happy to see it go.

/disagree

Cyr
07-05-2011, 02:18 PM
The only things that insure that our feedback will not be listened to is removing our avenues to give it or if we stop giving it.

/not signed

Although I can certainly understand the OP's frustration.

DoctorWhofan
07-05-2011, 02:21 PM
personally, those devs better not be surfing the net as it were. THey better be designing the next mod. The Moderqators (from what I understand) give the devs a synopsis of the forums (weekly? not sure) THen some devs, on their spare time or to clarify an issue, will respond. It would take too much time to post a decent reply on every thread (not a "pre recorded" one) and that time is pulled out of the devlopment time.

As for threads; some are good some are bad. Good suggestions usually are read at least, then debated/refined by other posted and bad ones are usually closed or shot down by the posters.

Having a friend who is a mod for a company, he said this is SOP for most internet companies with their own forums.

gloopygloop
07-05-2011, 02:23 PM

If this is the criteria for feedback forums, then they should also delete the bug submission forum as well.

Blank_Zero
07-05-2011, 02:24 PM
To clarify:

There is no more point to this subforum. It is currently used to troll/bait others into a flamewar. This is known by many, although I will refrain from naming names.

Therefore, my suggestion is to remove this subforum entirely. It is not being used as intended anymore and is taking up space. After all, wasn't this the basis for the "New and Improved" Class Subforums?

An alternative to this might be to have some form of criteria before you can make a suggestion. I'm being a little loose here, as there are many ideas for "criteria". However, some sort of filter is needed. I'm getting quite fed up reading several useless, self-serving suggestions every day and finding maybe one or two that have viability, only to see those ideas disappear under a cascade of "This is unfair!", or "Why can't it be like this other game?", and "Why is this so hard?"

Yes, I'm quite frustrated. However, I do enjoy this game.

I just wish we were being listened to in a better way.

Edit:

If this is the criteria for feedback forums, then they should also delete the bug submission forum as well.

They should.

articwarrior
07-05-2011, 03:11 PM
/signed

I agree with you zero and all the time it's either useless things verging on the inappropriate or pointless things. If you make a suggestion it should not be a quick tl;dr version, it takes time and patience to express ones thoughts on improving the game, not why certain things are "unfair" or "difficult". You wanted easier, look what happened, they nerfed epics so much so that you can get a iinsta-death specced caster to zerg their way through epic quests. To make even things immune to insta-death they brought the ultimate over-powered thing into the game, stackable DoTs. Now I'm not complaining that it should be returned to the old ways, nor am I suggesting that we should continue down this road. There needs to be tighter restrictions around certain posting and thoughts in this subforum.

rest
07-05-2011, 03:17 PM
/not signed.

Where else would I find such amusing posts, besides the PvP section?

Dysmetria
07-05-2011, 03:27 PM
It's not like you listen to us anyhow.It is quite obvious the devs are listening. Multiple suggestions that first appeared here later made it into the game.

Blank_Zero
07-05-2011, 03:57 PM
/not signed.

Where else would I find such amusing posts, besides the PvP section?

I say one or the other needs to go.

AcesWylde
07-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Remove the Suggestion Subforum

But...but, where would I go to for my ideas to get flamed?

Aesop
07-05-2011, 04:20 PM
/not signed

They have definitely used some of our suggestions in the past and do on occasion find gems in this dismal cavern of rough coal

Aesop

rest
07-05-2011, 04:22 PM
I say one or the other needs to go.

You heard it here first: PvP is OUT for DDO. Thanks Blank.

Ganolyn
07-05-2011, 04:28 PM
It is quite obvious the devs are listening. Multiple suggestions that first appeared here later made it into the game.

I've often wondered about that. Can you name one idea that was taken as whole cloth from here in the form that it was presented and implemented in the game? Most of the time I have seen ideas taken in name from here and the implementation has no relation to the original proposal(s) so I don't count that as "listening". Most of the time they are only concerned with feedback and suggestions for things that they have already programmed and are hoping to tote out soon.

Stormanne
07-05-2011, 04:41 PM
I've often wondered about that. Can you name one idea that was taken as whole cloth from here in the form that it was presented and implemented in the game? Most of the time I have seen ideas taken in name from here and the implementation has no relation to the original proposal(s) so I don't count that as "listening". Most of the time they are only concerned with feedback and suggestions for things that they have already programmed and are hoping to tote out soon.

While they didn't take the idea whole cloth...

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=294485

shores11
07-05-2011, 04:45 PM

Ever heard of the lyrics in a song "Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers".

Maybe "Some of DDO's best answers are saving some of us from our suggestions"
;)

Zaal
07-05-2011, 04:47 PM

dunno about that... here's one they did just for me!!!

Hows bout a SECURE ITEM button on the Sell Panel? (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=168114)

Zaal
07-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Heck, kinda sorta another!

How's bout some more Named Heavy Repeaters? (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=216594)

Blank_Zero
07-05-2011, 07:36 PM
I'll agree that once upon a time, this forum had its uses.

Those are gone now.

And for those of you who decided to neg, based purely on disagreement: :)

rayworks
07-05-2011, 07:37 PM

I beg to differ. They *do* listen; they just don't do anything.

eulogy098
07-05-2011, 07:42 PM
Undeniable, flat out, total, 100% complete proof that you are W.R.O.N.G.!

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=266467

They listen. It's just that they only listen to the arguably irrelevant, insignificant, changes that don't really fix any of the games gleaming issues.

But they did listen to my suggestion in that thread. I take absolute credit for it.

now pat me on my effing back and apologize.

Memnir
07-05-2011, 07:43 PM
If you go though the Dev Tracker - a healthy number of their posts are in the S&I sub-forum. And, they often seem receptive (http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=3835928&postcount=15) to what is posted here. Many things posted here do trickle into the game - but it takes a long time for that to happen.

Again, I think it serves it's purpose - and would hate to see it go.

Blank_Zero
07-05-2011, 07:49 PM
People are so argumentative.

I offer this to you.

Remove this subforum. Instead, send all suggestions in the form of a pm directly to the developers.

Then, the persons they are meant for will receive them and the rest of us won't have to be bothered by the really stupid ones.

ddoplayer064
07-05-2011, 07:53 PM
I'll agree that once upon a time, this forum had its uses.

Those are gone now.

And for those of you who decided to neg, based purely on disagreement: :)

Though my greenis in not of epic proportion, here's a little sumthin, sumthin for ya

Memnir
07-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Remove this subforum. Instead, send all suggestions in the form of a pm directly to the developers.

Then, the persons they are meant for will receive them and the rest of us won't have to be bothered by the really stupid ones.But then their Inbox would just fill up with the bad ones, like so many dead leaves, and good ones might not get through at all. And it'd likely take said Dev a lot longer to sift through those PMs then it does to take a quick glance at the S&I forum.

Plus, how would people know their sending their ideas to the right Dev? Send it to the wrong one - and a good idea might be lost in the shuffle.

Blank_Zero
07-05-2011, 07:58 PM
But then their Inbox would just fill up with the bad ones, like so many dead leaves, and good ones might not get through at all. And it'd likely take said Dev a lot longer to sift through those PMs then it does to take a quick glance at the S&I forum.

Plus, how would people know their sending their ideas to the right Dev? Send it to the wrong one - and a good idea might be lost in the shuffle.

Odds are, it would have the same result as we have here.

At least my way, it would save room here and force devs to actually read what is said, rather than watch it get removed quietly.

Blank_Zero
07-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Though my greenis in not of epic proportion, here's a little sumthin, sumthin for ya

I appreciate it, but I've already had the post in question reported for unwarranted neg rep, as is the current acceptable method.

Memnir
07-05-2011, 08:02 PM
Odds are, it would have the same result as we have here.

At least my way, it would save room here and force devs to actually read what is said, rather than watch it get removed quietly.Maybe - but this way the Devs can also get a sense of which ideas have popular support and which ones do not. That can often have some weight in their decisions on which ideas here to pursue, and which ones to let fade down the page.

Besides - if you don't like this sub-forum, or think it's a waste, why read it? :)

For my money, if they were to make any changes to the forum, start with restoring the class & race forums to their former selves. Not by removing one that has had some use over the years.

Asmodeus451
07-05-2011, 08:11 PM
sorry OP, but in this regard you are DEAD WRONG

though my forum-fu fails me at the moment, Sirgog has posted several threads suggesting changes to Epic Items.

These threads have caught the attention of the Devs, and ARE BEING IMPLIMENTED.

as to your complaint that no idea is implimented exactly as suggested, that will never happen, simply because us layman dont know enough about the balance, scaling and coding of the game

Unreliable
07-05-2011, 08:11 PM
I bet you would be sad if they did remove it, because that would mean they DID read and follow a suggestion... so by that logic you would want it back then right?

Confused.

Blank_Zero
07-05-2011, 08:17 PM
Maybe - but this way the Devs can also get a sense of which ideas have popular support and which ones do not. That can often have some weight in their decisions on which ideas here to pursue, and which ones to let fade down the page.

Besides - if you don't like this sub-forum, or think it's a waste, why read it? :)

For my money, if they were to make any changes to the forum, start with restoring the class & race forums to their former selves. Not by removing one that has had some use over the years.

I'll just have to agree to disagree Mem.

As it stands, this forum has so little use, it should be axed.

But I'm only one poster. I have no real sway.... It's not like I know anyone personally at turbine...

Gunga
07-05-2011, 08:18 PM
You couldn't make a suggestion to remove something if the suggestion box didn't exist.

Blank_Zero
07-05-2011, 08:19 PM

though my forum-fu fails me at the moment, Sirgog has posted several threads suggesting changes to Epic Items.

as to your complaint that no idea is implimented exactly as suggested, that will never happen, simply because us layman dont know enough about the balance, scaling and coding of the game

If I remember correctly, they weren't posted in these forums.

But I've been wrong before.

Zaal
I bet you would be sad if they did remove it, because that would mean they DID read and follow a suggestion... so by that logic you would want it back then right?

Confused.

+1 Unreliable logic without flaw imho ;)

Memnir
I'll just have to agree to disagree Mem.I'm cool with that. :)

Zaal
07-05-2011, 08:23 PM

BZ, I posted positively that a suggestion was implemented by the devs... why do you continue?

No, the devs didn't say, "Nice idea Zaal - and we're gonna implement it in your name!"
It was simply added to the game and , it made my game play just a tad better.

Now if i can get a confirmation prompt on selling my gems... glory daze ahead I tell you sir!

Blank_Zero
07-05-2011, 08:24 PM
I would like to thank you all for participating.

Trollolol. :)

Zaal
07-05-2011, 08:28 PM
boo hiss hisss - punting on 1st down!

Blank_Zero
07-05-2011, 08:30 PM
boo hiss hisss - punting on 1st down!

It was an experiment, but a good one.

Results, DDO forumites do not deal in ultimatums well.

No matter who the poster may be.

Memnir
07-05-2011, 08:32 PM
I would like to thank you all for participating.

Trollolol. :)
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/EnPsyane/back_in_the_days.jpg
:D

articwarrior
07-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Undeniable, flat out, total, 100% complete proof that you are W.R.O.N.G.!

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=266467

They listen. It's just that they only listen to the arguably irrelevant, insignificant, changes that don't really fix any of the games gleaming issues.

But they did listen to my suggestion in that thread. I take absolute credit for it.

now pat me on my effing back and apologize.

:eek: looks like dejavu to me! I was the first poster! :D :cool:

Blank_Zero
07-05-2011, 08:38 PM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/EnPsyane/back_in_the_days.jpg
:D

Jealous?

Or just surprised that you got sucked in so easily? :)

Memnir
07-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Jealous?

Or just surprised that you got sucked in so easily? :)Nope - just making a counter point. :D

And who was sucked in? That I talked in a reasonable manner about a topic at hand? Shocking! I'd say the Neg Reppers were the ones sucked in... and it wasn't me. Oh, I can Neg Rep if ya really want me to. muhuhahhaha

But really, as far as trolls go, this was as mild as mayonnaise.

Blank_Zero
07-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Nope - just making a counter point. :D

And who was sucked in? That I talked in a reasonable manner about a topic at hand? Shocking! I'd say the Neg Reppers were the ones sucked in... and it wasn't me. Oh, I can Neg Rep if ya really want me to. muhuhahhaha

But really, as far as trolls go, this was as mild as mayonnaise.

Nah, I've seen what that thing does to people.

But I guess when someone is as seasoned and jaded as you Mem.... :)

Memnir
07-05-2011, 08:44 PM
But I guess when someone is as seasoned and jaded as you Mem.... :)Truth. :D
(I could use a bit more paprika, however)

Blank_Zero
07-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Truth. :D
(I could use a bit more paprika, however)

I think you've got plenty of salt and pepper going on :)

gloopygloop
07-05-2011, 10:56 PM
BZ, I posted positively that a suggestion was implemented by the devs... why do you continue?

I know that the thread has cooled down a bit, but I do need to point out that correlation is not the same as causation.

Can you show that the devs made a game change *because of* your suggestion or *in spite of* your suggestion?

The fact that something you suggested happened to end up in the game does not necessarily mean that Turbine listened to you. If I suggest that Turbine release another adventure pack or two this year and they end up doing that, i don't get to claim credit for those adventure packs. :)

Doxmaster
07-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Winning by losing:
http://www.cracked.com/funny-3809-internet-argument-techniques/
Number 1.

Fail.

Someone stated they wanted to test how people receive ideas based on greenis size because of Haxor-Dispel. Even if this was such a test, it was a poor one. It might be a somewhat amusing inside joke, but to conduct a proper test you would need to either have him recycle one of your ideas, or personally reuse one of his.

rest
07-06-2011, 12:24 AM

But those threads were not posted in the Suggestions & Ideas section. ;)

uhgungawa
07-06-2011, 12:52 AM
personally, those devs better not be surfing the net as it were. THey better be designing the next mod. The Moderqators (from what I understand) give the devs a synopsis of the forums (weekly? not sure) THen some devs, on their spare time or to clarify an issue, will respond. It would take too much time to post a decent reply on every thread (not a "pre recorded" one) and that time is pulled out of the devlopment time.

As for threads; some are good some are bad. Good suggestions usually are read at least, then debated/refined by other posted and bad ones are usually closed or shot down by the posters.

Having a friend who is a mod for a company, he said this is SOP for most internet companies with their own forums.

Read by Dev. Thanks!

Read by a dev

Read by a dev.

:rolleyes: :D :p

wootvenu
07-06-2011, 01:01 AM
No evidence, case dismissed!