PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: How to improve the Slayer Count Boosts to be worthwhile.

QuantumFX
06-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Devs,

I was checking out this week’s DDOstore specials and I noticed the details section on the slayer count boosts. I’ve done the max slayer/explorer/rare thing once. And by doing that I have a piece of advice that might make those items worth spending the Turbine Points on them. Allow them to add kills in quests to the slayer count of the area where a quest is located.

Examples:

Any time you kill something in “Into the Deep”, with a slayer count boost, it has a 50% chance at adding a single kill to the Red Fens Slayer quest.
Any time you kill something in “Offering Of Blood”, with a slayer count boost, it has a 50% chance at adding a single kill to the Sand of Menacturan; Drow Slayer quest.

It would definately make the wait to fill up a party less tedious. (Drink a Slayer Boost and go clear a map until the party fills. If the wait is fairly short you don’t wind up wasting the boost in quests.) And I think a lot of the True Reincarnate crowd would adopt them fairly quickly.

Thrudh
06-30-2011, 01:26 PM
That could work, but I'd be happy if they just turned off the timer when you're in a quest.

Slayer pot timers should only run when you're in an explorer area...

Right now, I don't buy them, because too often I only get a few minutes use out of them, when I suddenly see a quest come up that I want to run...

Rarely do I dedicate 30 minutes to just slayer hunting... Maybe the first time into each explorer zone, but even then it usually only takes 15 minutes to hit all the explorer points.

jkm
06-30-2011, 01:28 PM
A couple of suggestions on this one:

1. Make the kills ablative instead of timed. This evens out the fact that went it comes to kills/minute not all explorer zones are equal.

Tier 1
so every 4th kill a bonus up to 250 bonus kills
Tier 2
every 3rd kill bonus up to 400 bonus kills

etc.

2. Add additional rare spawn chances to the pots for the higher tiers.

masterzzan
06-30-2011, 03:07 PM
i posted something like this a few weeks ago:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=321360

QuantumFX
06-30-2011, 03:15 PM
That could work, but I'd be happy if they just turned off the timer when you're in a quest.

Slayer pot timers should only run when you're in an explorer area...

Right now, I don't buy them, because too often I only get a few minutes use out of them, when I suddenly see a quest come up that I want to run...

Rarely do I dedicate 30 minutes to just slayer hunting... Maybe the first time into each explorer zone, but even then it usually only takes 15 minutes to hit all the explorer points.

I was trying to base my suggestion off of what I have observed with the other, similar, systems. (ex. XP pots, Loot gems, U10 random rewards, Epic Scroll, Renown, Draughts of Night and Pirate’s Grogs.) It doesn’t seem like they can separate explorer zones from quests. So, I wanted to suggest something that works around that. (The Slayer system seems to be tied to the random pick up system.)