PDA

View Full Version : New skill for rogues

Yaskin_Forrit
06-29-2011, 01:18 AM
(and another use for the trap parts they collect)

One of the things that irks about traps and trap boxes is that once blown, that is it....

All rogues have bad days when every time they disable a trap, they roll a natural 1 and boom!

I would like to see a new skill/ability which gives the rogue a chance to repair the trap box using trap parts previously collected.

The success of the repair would have to have a slightly higher DC that the trap had originally and if the rogue failed to fix the trap after 2 or 3 attempts, it would become unrepairable.

Not having the required trap parts would mean the rogue could not attempt the repair (like healing / repair kits)

shenthing
06-29-2011, 01:24 AM
Don't know how hard it would be to implement, but I doo like it
/signed

Maxson
06-29-2011, 09:55 AM
I very rarely boom traps on my mechanic, but I do like the idea, perhaps even give mechanic rogues an improved chance to repair it? Maybe let them expend a use of their repair construct ability to do it without a skill check? If it's just a disable device check then I guess mechanics already have an advantage over other rogues for this purpose. Nice idea, could use some refinement.

Dragavon
06-29-2011, 10:00 AM
All rogues have bad days when every time they disable a trap, they roll a natural 1 and boom!

I dont understand this?

Any lvl 6 rogue can disable Necromancers (last part of Delera) traps on elite on a 1.

All my lvl 20 rogues (I have 4) disable epic traps on a 1.

Lithic
06-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Given how rare it is to see a trap box explode, even with newbie rogues in level appropriate elite runs, I'd rather they keep it be it once you blow it up.

Rusty_Can
06-29-2011, 10:35 AM

In DDO, rolling a natural 1 on skill checks in not an automatic fail, unlike for save rolls (1 = fail) and attack rolls (1 = miss).

Lithic
06-29-2011, 10:43 AM
In DDO, rolling a natural 1 on skill checks in not an automatic fail, unlike for save rolls (1 = fail) and attack rolls (1 = miss).

In addition, you need to roll 5 less than the DC check to actually blow up a box. Rolling 1-4 less than you need just means you get to try again.