PDA

View Full Version : Paladin Mid-Level Paladin Gearing.

PLUGintoTHEpowerLINE
06-27-2011, 10:30 PM
Howdy! I'm rather new to the game, and this is the first character I've gotten to mid-levels. I'm having fun with my 28pt Paladin, and I'm trying to optimize my character and build, and make sure I'm doing everything alright.

I'd like some advice on what gear and weapons I need for this character, to be more successful, and more helpful in groups and higher level raids.

Weapons:
+2 Holy Falchion of Backstabbing (general beater)
+3 Flaming Flametouched Iron Falchion of Lesser Undead Bane (undead)
+3 Flaming Greataxe of Lesser Gnoll Bane (spending a lot of time in the sands)
+2 Vengeful Flametouched Iron Heavy Mace of Stunning +4 (for rare S&B needs)
+1 Cursespewing Bow of Righteousness

Blindness Ward Goggles
Improved Potancy II Helm of Intimidation +3 / Underwater Action Hat of Listening +5
Proof Against Poison Necklace of Eloquence +3 / Wise +4 Necklace of Haggling +3
The Blood Stone / Dusk Heart
Charismatic +2 Cloak of Protection
Health +4 Belt of Light Fortification
Katra's Wit (ring 1) / Feather Falling Ring of Jump +7 (ring 2)
No gloves.
Striding Boots of Springing +5
Ogre Power +5 Bracers
+3 Hallowed Adamantine Full Plate of Invulnerability

I've been trying to fill out things as I can, some things (like gloves and cloak) I haven't touched in a while. Also, the only quest packs I have are the Vale of Twilight and the Sands.

Any help would be more than appreciated! I'm really loving the paladin, and hope I can be more successful as time goes on.

Laalie Lionheart d'Or

Rogann
06-27-2011, 10:33 PM
Dont sweat mid lvs bud, get the avg stuff like +6 con/str greater false life etc.

Asmodeus451
06-27-2011, 10:37 PM
cant help but notice you have no Hevy Fortification item. Ideally, you would want the Minos Legens from Necro 4. but seeing as you dont have that pack...........

THe Nightforge Gorget (necklace ML9) is available from the F2P quest Relic of a Soveriegn Past. the quest id Level 12, but is easily rn on Casual and does not even need to be completed to recieve the item.

There are guides on howto obtain it here on the forums, and info on DDOWiki as well.

the reason you want this item is it makes you immune to being Critically hit.

Ngha
06-27-2011, 11:25 PM
crits agains tyou are bad, it can go from "oh look they only do 1-3 damage" to "HJEAL! HJEAL!" rather quickly without heavy fort.

-Zyxas-
06-27-2011, 11:27 PM
Upgrade your items
- Cha cloak, get a +6 (or +5 if you're level 11 or 12)
- Belt, get +6 Con (once you get that high)
- Ogre power bracers +6... or gloves (once you get that high)
- You do NOT need armor (heavy armor) once you get to around level 15, your AC will not be good enough. (I'm guessing you're level 11 or 12? then you should have mid 40s for AC for it to be useful, once you get to vale you'll need low to mid 50s, higher for Shroud). Get a Deathblock (robe/outfit) of Heavy Fortification (min level for them is 14) if possible. Before that, get heavy fort robe/outfit and deathblock robe/outfit.
- Not sure what your striders are, get +30% or +25%, preferably the former, if you don't already.
- Get +6 Wis item once you can, to cast the wonderful Zeal (10% doublestrike, huge DPS increase, but short buff, keep it on unless in very small encounters) and Holy Sword (see later).
- If you haven't, use tomes for at least strength con and charisma. You probably can't afford +2 tomes, but +1 may help.
- Make sure to cast Divine Favor all the time (+3 atk and dmg, see duration note on Zeal).
- Knight of the Chalice enhancements, Divine Sacrifice enhancements, Divine Might enhancements, Exalted Smite enhancements up to the 3rd (4th is insignificant and AP expensive). Use these.

-Use holy sword spell once you get it (lvl 14) for an even better weapon against evil stuff, and it gets through pit fiend/horned devil and marilith DR (silver & good, cold iron & good), meaning you'll not take a -15ish penalty to damage each hit against the Demon Queen, Arraetrikos in Shroud, and Suulomades in A Vision of Destruction.

MoonBreaker
06-28-2011, 04:02 AM
- You do NOT need armor (heavy armor) once you get to around level 15, your AC will not be good enough. (I'm guessing you're level 11 or 12? then you should have mid 40s for AC for it to be useful, once you get to vale you'll need low to mid 50s, higher for Shroud). Get a Deathblock (robe/outfit) of Heavy Fortification (min level for them is 14) if possible. Before that, get heavy fort robe/outfit and deathblock robe/outfit.
Another n00b and a little confused here. If you don't use armor for the higher armor class, what then? Robes/outfits and high Dex?

wigthemaster
06-28-2011, 04:14 AM
Another n00b and a little confused here. If you don't use armor for the higher armor class, what then? Robes/outfits and high Dex?

Yes in fact. Robes and dex. And some wis if monk splash. But his point was AC is pretty useless past a certain point so the time to swap armors isn't worth it. and be careful who your calling noob, 90% of AC builds use robes.

~wig

MoonBreaker
06-28-2011, 04:24 AM
Yes in fact. Robes and dex. And some wis if monk splash. But his point was AC is pretty useless past a certain point so the time to swap armors isn't worth it. and be careful who your calling noob, 90% of AC builds use robes.

~wig I'm an old D&D player who hasn't had much time on DDO. It was about the only other option. Thanks for confirming. :) I'm almost to that critical lvl 14 where I can use +6 gear (and looking forward to Holy Sword) so a high Dex item will soon be doable.

LOL! I was referring to the OP as the other n00b (at least at playing melee) ...