PDA

View Full Version : OMG, change the XP Pot/Loot gem animation

WarDestroyer
06-26-2011, 07:53 PM
I come up after being banned during the whole weekend (oh god the XP bonus!), and when I came again tonight, I'm right outside the entrance of the Enemy Within. Ok, I failed that quest right after being banned.

I join an elite Eyes of Stone run quickly, and when I joined it filled, and I was with 0 mana/hp - I rish through to the tavern, to get some healing up. Ok, I buy the food/drink for sp and hp. What about using them? Go to inventory, "potion" part, drink SP thing. Kk, let's eat the food. I click on it, *GLUP* and see. I was supposed to EAT, not DRINK something I see a pop on my buff bar "Lesser Learning Bonus" - a cold goes through my spine -THAT WAS ONE OF MY FEW STORE PULLS I HAD EVER GOT, AND ON THAT TR I WANTED TO USE ON HIGH-LEVELS. tadaa I lose it

:(

wigthemaster
06-26-2011, 07:56 PM
I come up after being banned during the whole weekend (oh god the XP bonus!), and when I came again tonight, I'm right outside the entrance of the Enemy Within. Ok, I failed that quest right after being banned.

I join an elite Eyes of Stone run quickly, and when I joined it filled, and I was with 0 mana/hp - I rish through to the tavern, to get some healing up. Ok, I buy the food/drink for sp and hp. What about using them? Go to inventory, "potion" part, drink SP thing. Kk, let's eat the food. I click on it, *GLUP* and see. I was supposed to EAT, not DRINK something I see a pop on my buff bar "Lesser Learning Bonus" - a cold goes through my spine -THAT WAS ONE OF MY FEW STORE PULLS I HAD EVER GOT, AND ON THAT TR I WANTED TO USE ON HIGH-LEVELS. tadaa I lose it

:(

/not signed

No reason to change something that was user error... pay attention or toss it in your bank.

~wig

WarDestroyer
06-26-2011, 08:15 PM
/not signed

No reason to change something that was user error... pay attention or toss it in your bank.

~wig

it simply isn't a hard thing to make. change it to nomnomnom and everyone will be happy

Jaid314
06-26-2011, 08:15 PM
how would changing the animation help?

and in any case, if you're on a TR and are that unable to get eberron shards, you got problems bigger than needing a new animation for using xp potions.

Morosy
06-26-2011, 08:17 PM
So the XP pot looks like tavern food?

katz
06-26-2011, 08:18 PM
umm wow. sorry that happened, but totally not turbine's fault. learning bonus elixir looks nothing like most of the food available in game (i think) it may seem wasted, but i hope you at least got some good use out of it.

KillEveryone
06-26-2011, 08:19 PM
I don't see how these changes will help.

If you click on the wrong icon, it isn't going to matter. You click on the wrong icon, you'll still drink the potion and you won't be able to interrupt it.

I don't know of any tavern stuff...that is what you are referring...that looks like a XP pot anyway.

Gkar
06-26-2011, 08:23 PM
it simply isn't a hard thing to make. change it to nomnomnom and everyone will be happy

No, that would make me unhappy. I often use it at the last second if I don't have one running in a high xp quest.

It's not Turbine's fault you weren't paying any attention to what you were doing. The icons aren't even close.

Oh, and mentioning you were banned can get you banned.

DoctorWhofan
06-26-2011, 08:30 PM
No, that would make me unhappy. I often use it at the last second if I don't have one running in a high xp quest.

It's not Turbine's fault you weren't paying any attention to what you were doing. The icons aren't even close.

Oh, and mentioning you were banned can get you banned.

^this.

I thought they were different. I don't buy them too much.

WarDestroyer
06-26-2011, 08:41 PM
changing animation to nomnomnom-> gives us time to realize it's a XP pot, not another random thing

KillEveryone
06-26-2011, 08:44 PM
changing animation to nomnomnom-> gives us time to realize it's a XP pot, not another random thing

If you pay attention to what you are clicking on, you wouldn't have this problem.

/not signed

uhgungawa
06-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Blaming ones own stupidity on an animation?

I'm baffled :rolleyes:

P.S. /not signed

Kominalito
06-26-2011, 08:54 PM
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb29/Lainaofthesand/naruto_derp_face_by_dobecosplay-d34dvyo.jpg

Musouka
06-26-2011, 09:00 PM
/not signed

PEBKAC

Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair

Cleanincubus
06-26-2011, 09:15 PM
Why exactly do you want Turbine to make characters eat a potion? A gem, I could wrap my head around, but a potion? It's a step backwards, from when we use to eat tomes instead of reading them. User mistakes are user mistakes. I bound a pink ioun stone to one of my characters, because I wasn't paying attention. Never did I think that Turbine should make a change in the game, just because I wasn't paying enough attention. Accidents happen. Keep your important stuff in your bank.

Honestly your idea is shut down by your reason. How exactly would eating an XP pot helped in your situation? You were expecting to see the eating animation from the food you ate, to get HP. Instead you see the drinking animation, because you drank a potion. Now you want them to change the animation of drinking a potion to eating it? If that was the case you never even would have noticed that you "ate" the XP pot, because you would have seen the animation you were expecting from food. You still would have had the same exact problem, regardless of the animation.

Now if you're saying that Turbine should extend the animation on drinking xp potions, to give you more time to back out of drinking it, that's a whole other thing. That could be a logical suggestion.

adamkatt
06-26-2011, 09:19 PM
I hate when i click on a major pot by mistake so lets make it take 5 min so we cant blame turbine for our own screw ups.

Impaqt
06-26-2011, 09:31 PM

The non nom nom animation doesn't tell you what you are Noming.

Talias006
06-27-2011, 05:52 AM

It's not a hard thing to actually take a second to LOOK at what you're targeting before trying to use/consume it. Sorry, your error. Nothing Turbine can or should do to keep it from happening again.

I really fail to see what this might accomplish. You'd still consume the pot/gem. So this makes you feel less exasperated when you realize what you've just done?

If you pay attention to what you are clicking on, you wouldn't have this problem.

/not signed

^ This. QFT

Ungood
06-27-2011, 06:42 AM
Welcome back from your Vacation (lets just call it that)

I understand what you are saying to some extent, being rushed, just getting back, mistakes happen, but since you clicked "food" if it was a food animation, you would not have caught it and never realized your mistake to begin with.

And while I am sure everyone on this forum has made a similar mistake of clicking the wrong thing, they, like you now, realized that the only thing that we can do as players, is be more cautious in the future with our gear and items, and while yes, I realize that rots, There really no solid solution. If they added a "slower animation" even a slow drink animation, with maybe a "chugchugchug" and tossing a burp at the end, would it be what players wanted, IE: would we rather the fast gulp and go, or are we more willing to wait around for our EXP pot to be drank? But nothing will fix what you lost, however.

All in all, I am sorry for what happened, and wish that this is not indicative of your return to the game, and that things get better for you. Welcome back.