PDA

View Full Version : Unbound a craftable item

Miahoo
06-26-2011, 08:48 AM
I'm sorry if this was already discussed. I couldn't find any post talking about it.

When you put a bound shard on a craftable item, it become bound - thats fully accepted.
But when you reclean this craftable item again with a Dust of Disjunction - it stay bound, so you cant resell silver/mithril/adamantine/guild-slot items when you done with them.

So what I ask is, after I done with an item, to be able to clean and resell it. (A use of a Dust of Disjunctio again on the item sound reasonable to me, as the craftable item lost the affects/enhancements it had).

maha0201
06-26-2011, 09:04 AM
Atm disjuncting item dont remove bound status.
Implemening crafting as you are saying would cause:

BTA would become unbound
BTC would become unbound

If they would make bound items BTA - items would be OP, if they remove bounding by disjunction - you wouldnt be able to craft nice twink gear.
Imho crafting system is fine as it is. You need to think 2ce before you start crafting boss beater on 1 of youre toons or any other non BTA item.

Khurse
06-26-2011, 09:33 AM
Atm disjuncting item dont remove bound status.
Implemening crafting as you are saying would cause:

BTA would become unbound
BTC would become unbound

If they would make bound items BTA - items would be OP, if they remove bounding by disjunction - you wouldnt be able to craft nice twink gear.
Imho crafting system is fine as it is. You need to think 2ce before you start crafting boss beater on 1 of youre toons or any other non BTA item.

Uhmm, no. How would removing binding on disjunction not allow nice twink gear?

If you have crafted a +4 holyburst silver Khopesh of GEOB and disjunct it, (turning it into a plain Silver Khopesh)
it remains BTC, there is no good game balance related reason that it should.
If it loses it's bound status, you can pass it to another toon and craft on it again.

donfilibuster
06-26-2011, 11:19 AM
Obviously only craftable items would be made unbound.

Given that a blank loses all the original BtA, RR and powers it won't be an issue if the blank could be made unbound.
It'd be just a blank, with metal and guild slot as the only advantages, maybe attuned too.

maha0201
06-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Uhmm, no. How would removing binding on disjunction not allow nice twink gear? It would remove BTA from base item

So you had every single peace of gear at appropriate lvl for every of you're toon ?
With items that stay BTA, you don't need to craft duplicate gear for each of youre toons or have insane lvls for unbound crafting (so you can pass one item around, like you can with BTA). Atm I don't need to do 2-3 BTC similar items on different toons ie. +4 con belts or +4 str gloves, rather i have 1 of each BTA.

If it loses it's bound status, you can pass it to another toon and craft on it again.
Or you get BTA item wich you can pass around. Or you will be "forced" to get new silver/cold iron blanks.

Miahoo
06-27-2011, 07:31 AM
A minimal programing can be made, so original BtA items will become BtA after disjunction.