PDA

View Full Version : Store Item to boost Named Loot Drop Rate

Asmodeus451
06-25-2011, 07:42 PM
so i was thinking, we have Jewels of Fortune to increase random loot, why not a buyable item to increase the chance at getting named loot?

have different tiers, (small, medium, large) that boost chance to get named loot from chests by a %.

5% for small, 10% for medium, 15% for Large. would stack with standard drop rate, so an item that normaly drops with a 5% rate with a Small Boost would have a 20% chance to drop.

a TON of people would buy them, and more revenue for Turbine = better for the game overall

PurdueDave
06-25-2011, 07:43 PM
I'd buy it.

k1ngp1n
06-25-2011, 07:44 PM
No.

Definitively no.

Grenada
06-25-2011, 07:51 PM
5% for small, 10% for medium, 15% for Large. would stack with standard drop rate, so an item that normaly drops with a 5% rate with a Small Boost would have a 20% chance to drop.

0.05+0.05=0.10

I assume you mean large

but yeah, this would give vips (who get 500 tp a month) another perk, which would=more people staying/becoming vip.

I like it.

Crazyfruit
06-25-2011, 07:53 PM
DDOStore would never get my $ again.

Consequence: People will try to fill their raids with only people with these gems activated, so they have a better chance of being handed their loot.

Pape_27
06-25-2011, 07:55 PM
whats the point of doing this?

I mean, really, if Turbine did something like this, they might as well just start selling raid gear in the ddo store.

I hate the grind. I hate workin for the stuff you want, but when you do get it, how sweet it is!! By selling gems for named loot drops, that just disappears...

no thanks,

/not signed

nolaureltree000
06-25-2011, 07:56 PM
no, its just pay-to-win.

DDOStore would never get my $ again.

Consequence: People will try to fill their raids with only people with these gems activated, so they have a better chance of being handed their loot.

and this would happen.

Kourier
06-25-2011, 08:03 PM
No no no no no the reason people don't have a problem with the gems right now is specifically because they don't do this.

THIS would invalidate hard work with money.

twix
06-25-2011, 08:05 PM
no

Uska
06-25-2011, 08:18 PM
NO let me think NO

PurdueDave
06-25-2011, 08:39 PM
THIS would invalidate hard work with money.

lol

Asmodeus451
06-25-2011, 09:37 PM
pretty much expected the negative response, was just an idea. not saying it should/shouldn't be done.

Musouka
06-25-2011, 09:41 PM
pretty much expected the negative response, was just an idea. not saying it should/shouldn't be done.

You posted it as a suggestion in the suggestion/idea, something you approve of. You are saying it should be done if you present it, otherwise you would've kept it to yourself.

I vote no on this. This game shouldn't be pay to win.

Rogann
06-25-2011, 09:48 PM
This will never happen but meh I wouldn't mind it, most* raid loot is garbage so not like it'll matter but 15% is a bit much

Dysmetria
06-25-2011, 10:21 PM
but yeah, this would give vips (who get 500 tp a month) another perk, which would=more people staying/becoming vip.I'm unsure what this suggestion has to do with VIPs, but regardless I think it is a bad one.

Raid groups would want only people with these buffs, and the people that buy them and still don't get named loot would be claiming they do not work.

ssgcmwatson
06-25-2011, 11:47 PM
ok, I'll say it...

EASY BUTTON

Asmodeus451
06-26-2011, 12:12 AM
You posted it as a suggestion in the suggestion/idea, something you approve of. You are saying it should be done if you present it, otherwise you would've kept it to yourself.

I vote no on this. This game shouldn't be pay to win.

this is also the "ideas" thread.
want to make it clear this was an idea i had, not a suggestion i am making.

it came to me after the umpteenth raid that ZERO raid loot dropped in.

personally i think that were this to ever be implemented in-game it would be a double edged sword.
some people would hate it, some would love it, and either way Turbine makes more money and thus pays more attention to the game.

Musouka
06-26-2011, 12:40 AM
this is also the "ideas" thread.
want to make it clear this was an idea i had, not a suggestion i am making.

it came to me after the umpteenth raid that ZERO raid loot dropped in.

personally i think that were this to ever be implemented in-game it would be a double edged sword.
some people would hate it, some would love it, and either way Turbine makes more money and thus pays more attention to the game.

What's the difference between "I have an idea for this game that may make it better. What do you all think?" and "I have a suggestion for this game that may make it better. What do you all think?"?

jakeelala
06-26-2011, 01:09 AM
i vote yes.

you're all communists.

R0cksteady
06-26-2011, 01:14 AM
ok, I'll say it...

EASY BUTTON

It's funny how people get grind and difficulty confused. It wouldn't be any easier, just less time spent grinding, doing the same **** over and over again.

It WOULD be a good idea, if not for the fact that people would only want people with the gem in group.

A better solution would be to raise drop rates on some of the more ridiculously low dropping items.

Unreliable
06-26-2011, 01:20 AM
there are some games out there where the general principle is that money and time are both power in game.

I really dont think this would fit place in DDO, as it takes away power from having a good strong community, and everything wil eventually just become about who can buy the most power.

If you want something like this, there are hundreds of f2p pay2win games out there where your money will be gladly converted into power so that you can save time.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with this, its just that DDO has etablished to be a work (in game) for your power and dont pay for it, and changing that would be chaotic.

I think that pay2win barrier needs to stay up for DDO, a little convenience is ok, but when you get to money = power then its just not for DDO.