PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Docent Skin Ever Created

DaSawks
06-25-2011, 10:31 AM
So there I was planning my Docent to craft for my Barbarian. I found a Docent in the AH with a Medium augment slot. I intended to add Blood and Invulnerability. Stripped it down to make it craftable and then added the 2 shards. Put is all on and look at what I got. An orange miniskirt with white fluffy trim. Miss matched orange shoulder pads. Is this the worst skin in the history of DDO?

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/Spacewalker454/WorstDocent.jpg

Gkar
06-25-2011, 10:33 AM
nope, lots of worse ones out there

Ugumagre
06-25-2011, 10:39 AM
nope, lots of worse ones out there

Screenshot or it never happened.

My opinion: It is really really ugly.

Marcus-Hawkeye
06-25-2011, 10:44 AM
PFFTT AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I spit my tea out when the picture came up...

Yeah I would have to say that is one of the worst ones I've seen thus far.

red_cardinal
06-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Skirtforged! :D

DaSawks
06-25-2011, 10:53 AM
How could I wear this in public? I would get laughed out of the Salty Wench or the Rusty Nail. That is no way for a tough Barbarian to dress.

FrancisP.Fancypants
06-25-2011, 10:57 AM
:D

If by "worst", you mean "best". I'd be wearing that long past the appropriate level.

I still miss this fearsome combo:
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k25/Stickchair68/Warforged.jpg

Namey
06-25-2011, 10:57 AM
I actually like that one. It has a sort of a barbarian-ish kilt look to it. The mismatched parts make it look like the warforged cobbled the armor together from old kills and trophies. What I can't stand, is the Korthos starting repair docent, with frilly yellow decorations everywhere. Makes the warforged look like a bloody old timey lamp or something.

I want my warforged rugged.

Ryan220
06-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Thats a classic piece right there. Is it designer? It looks very Docent and Gabbana.

My female FB Barb would love one of those, it has all the right touches for a merciless female killing machine who wants to look her best when shes out for a night of slaying with the girls.

Are you taking orders by chance?

;-)

Edit added.........Im not sure about the colour. I think a nice floral print would be more practical as it would hide any stains (blood and brains are so difficult to wash out you know)

dragonmane
06-25-2011, 05:01 PM
unfortunately I rolled a female WF on accident, so she might like it. :-)

Bodic
06-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Its not Solid pink so its fine.

There used to be a time when Pink was the only color.

donfilibuster
06-25-2011, 05:17 PM
I have seen that one before, take the helm off and you will look as if walking right off the shower with just a towel on.
And this is why i try out docents before crafting :)

Tuney
06-25-2011, 05:19 PM
There was once a time , a group of Warforges who tried to be power rangers. It took a lot of work and horrable docents but they did it! Then it got broke!

Kominalito
06-25-2011, 05:21 PM
thats pretty horrible bro.

azrael4h
06-25-2011, 05:26 PM
I had a bright neon yellow looking vest thing once, when I had a WF. IIRC it was only Moderate Fort (and I never leveled one up much past 7 or 8) but it made that look good.

cdemeritt
06-25-2011, 05:37 PM
Actually, I've always thought that docent skin looked like a bath towel... like the WF had just stepped out of the shower and was called to battle... now for the matching showercap...

mournbladereigns
06-25-2011, 05:47 PM
non-upgraded Quorforged Docent sells a lot of armor kits.

Hot Pink cowboy suit FTL.

phillymiket
06-25-2011, 05:48 PM
I guess it depends on your environment.

In a dungeon you may look a little odd.

But in a 1960s style conversation pit you are tres chic!

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/8641/tumblrliya29dttf1qghy3t.jpg

stille_nacht
06-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Screenshot or it never happened.

My opinion: It is really really ugly.

there is one fullplate model that is basically a shoulder plate

nolaureltree000
06-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Quorforged Docent of Battle.

i figured it would be handy for alternative gearings for situational use. someone pulled it in mindsunder and said 'oh this stupid docent, who wants it?'. he passed it to me. i was pretty happy. then i tried it on.

lol nope.

Eistander
06-25-2011, 06:06 PM

i figured it would be handy for alternative gearings for situational use. someone pulled it in mindsunder and said 'oh this stupid docent, who wants it?'. he passed it to me. i was pretty happy. then i tried it on.

lol nope.

I agree it is terrible until you get it unsuppressed.. then it actually looks pretty good (and loses the pink!)

Battery
06-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Yes that's a horrid docent, it's like that awful fur-lined outfit

rendet
06-25-2011, 06:22 PM

That's awsome

Kalari
06-25-2011, 06:29 PM
That docent ive taken and crunched a few times LOL it looks like a shag towel with foam shoulder pads who the heck thought that was a good look for a Forge? lol.

Rian
06-25-2011, 07:14 PM
cosmetically, warforged are the most underloved race in the game...

but some prices are worth being a total <whatever you want to be> in game :D

Eladrin
06-25-2011, 07:21 PM

lol nope.
I have to apologize for that one. I did it on purpose because I'm a very, very bad person.

I made the original Quorforged Docent of Battle and the Elocator's Habiliment while reading a thread similar to this one talking about pink docents and how people didn't like the blandness of the Breastplate of Destruction.

At least you can upgrade it!

Morosy
06-25-2011, 07:52 PM
Lol I actually like the un upgraded Quorforged.

It made me sad that I had to give the up the pink to upgrade it :P

Grenada
06-25-2011, 08:03 PM
OP, time to get a docent kit, me thinks. Saw a thread showing the COG one, and it looks a little better than what your wearing.

Ytteri
06-25-2011, 08:41 PM
I have to apologize for that one. I did it on purpose because I'm a very, very bad person.

I made the original Quorforged Docent of Battle and the Elocator's Habiliment while reading a thread similar to this one talking about pink docents and how people didn't like the blandness of the Breastplate of Destruction.

Can you comment on the theory that all "regular" armor/robe/docent skins are a conspiracy to sell more store bought armor skins?

LordPiglet
06-25-2011, 08:57 PM

We ridiculed a guildie so bad about his pink bow, he gave up and grinded for epic Calvary plate. Took me less then a day to grind out and upgrade that docent. It was a must upgrade as soon as I saw it.

Narmolanya
06-25-2011, 09:11 PM

Unfortunately I must spread rep around before giving it to you again, I owe you one for the laugh.

sirgog
06-25-2011, 11:11 PM

You're not a bad person until you make a clear, best-in-slot-for-everyone armor that looks downright awful.

Imagine if the Epic Marilith Chain had pink scales instead of green, and a big yellow smily face on the back of it...

cdemeritt
06-25-2011, 11:17 PM
You're not a bad person until you make a clear, best-in-slot-for-everyone armor that looks downright awful.

Imagine if the Epic Marilith Chain had pink scales instead of green, and a big yellow smily face on the back of it...

This is the plan to deal with powercreep... make it Uber... then so Ugly you don't use it...

adamkatt
06-25-2011, 11:19 PM
So there I was planning my Docent to craft for my Barbarian. I found a Docent in the AH with a Medium augment slot. I intended to add Blood and Invulnerability. Stripped it down to make it craftable and then added the 2 shards. Put is all on and look at what I got. An orange miniskirt with white fluffy trim. Miss matched orange shoulder pads. Is this the worst skin in the history of DDO?

Your sexy.

LordPiglet
06-25-2011, 11:25 PM
This is the plan to deal with powercreep... make it Uber... then so Ugly you don't use it...

Then we can spend point on cosmetic armor that's only attached to the one item and list it we clear slots on said item. #winning

Missing_Minds
06-26-2011, 12:18 AM

Who says Dev's don't listen and... nerd rage. ;)

baddax
06-26-2011, 12:27 AM

Let me just say "mission accomplished"!
On a side note would it possible to get your signature changed from developer to Dr.Evil?

andbr22
06-26-2011, 12:37 AM
Ideal docent for: Mr fluffyskirt...

zex95966
06-26-2011, 12:48 AM
the problem is not the docent... all warforged look terrible imo.

I would be willing to change my opinion if I could make them hot pink.

Doxmaster
06-26-2011, 12:56 AM
This thread has been trolled by a dev.

I approve.

IntrepidBear
06-26-2011, 01:07 AM

:eek: OMG you poor warforged.. took me a while to be able to type from laughing.. Dude, always try on your armour first before doing anything to it..
looks like something that got not only shrunk in the laundry, from an old monk outfit, but half got lost and whever was left got sewn onto it. ..
but seriously,
I have a couple warforges, and I really like them, but how much choice do we have? buying skins to put over outrageous outfits.. is costly...
I mean, it's true, warforges are soooooooooo overlooked. Everyone else gets awesome armours, whaddup with that??? !!
I wish we had the option 'not to show armour' like we have for our helms.
are these things designed on last minute fridays when all that is left on the development floor just gets pasted on this poor race??
pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaseee... give us some nicer stuff..

thanks for sharing the pic tho, it's getting rediculous (( still chuckling.. lol.. )) poor barbarian forge... lol..

pjw
06-26-2011, 02:51 AM

Actually, I think you should apologize for removing the pink skin. It was a great disappointment to lose it on upgrade. I don't ever wear it now.

Still wear the habiliment tho, and will miss it when I get my DT armour sorted out.

Tassles FTW!

Rian
06-26-2011, 02:54 AM
There are those days where I've had ugly armor competitions with people on my barbarian warforged...

They pull out the elocator's habilmat, I put on Quari forged docent AND the Rahl's might with force on it...Pink Power Ranger nightmare FTW!!!

However...about the new content armors, they're a bit bland...:D

but seriously, was a little dissappoint to see the beholder plate armor and new brigadine look EXACTLY alike.

NexEverto
06-26-2011, 06:49 AM

If making a Docent that when wore by a Warforged with the Adamantine Body Feat looks like either a Strawberry or Bubblegum ice cream dispenser (Depending whether it's been unsuppressed or not) makes you a bad person, then Santa must be pure evil! :p It honestly is a little, 'WOH!' when you first see it, but you get used to it after a while. Plus if nothing else it gives me an excuse to ask my friends who wear it for ice cream randomly during quests... They love that. :rolleyes:

Though, off topic slightly... Can we please get a Armor Kit that makes Docents look like the Blademark's Docent? The closest one at the moment has a strange green tinge to it, and for some reason every time I see it I start thinking that my Favored Soul needs a good polish and have some mold removed. :D

maha0201
06-26-2011, 06:53 AM
Non epic - regular MC :D so i can have fun while lvling :cool:

vermentto
06-26-2011, 07:34 AM
Bwahahahahah

i may be wrong but i dont think crafting an item changes it skin.It didnt for my kopeshes on my DPS.Didnt crafted armor so dunno
Imo :
step one : buy a lot of the desired item
step two : keep the one with the best look
step three : craft

Btw , thx for the laugh , its really hideous XD and good luck in ur quest for an unique and awesome look

karnokvolrath
06-26-2011, 07:35 AM

Much props for at least owning it. IF it matters i like the pink docent. The one in question is horrid though, all the "towel" ones are just creepy and id rather i just was my base color. Some of them i dont mind, others i flat out wont wear. Im not a big fan of the DT look really (at least for WF, but im prolly in the minority).

VVVVVVVVthat.VVVVVVVVV

This thread has been trolled by a dev.

I approve.

geoffhanna
06-26-2011, 08:20 AM

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd324/geoffhanna/misc/habilimentbow.png
Take a bow Eladrin :)

donfilibuster
06-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Never go anywhere without your towel.

DaSawks
06-26-2011, 11:35 AM

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e67/Spacewalker454/QFBD.jpg
Here is my Unsuppressed Quorforged Docent of Battle that I use on my Wizard (for those of you who have never seen one). Thank you Dev's for a good skin. Though I would make it fair as I flamed the Orange Bath towel skin in my original post. I like how it looks with my Tricore Pirate hat.

The_Phenx
06-27-2011, 08:54 AM

The pink docent was awesome.. no apologies necessary.

And its BY FAR not the worst.

I have a brigandine that literally has a severed boars head on a plaque on the shoulder. Will have to dig up a screen shot for that.

Gkar
06-27-2011, 08:58 AM
Can you comment on the theory that all "regular" armor/robe/docent skins are a conspiracy to sell more store bought armor skins?

Considering most of those skins were added 3 years before cosmetic skins or the store existed, I'd say that myth is busted.

Yaga_Nub
06-27-2011, 09:03 AM
I don't care what you say...that skin is HAWT!

Maxson
06-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Which begs the question, why doens't cannith crafting let you pick your model?

Oh yeah...armour kits.

Bargol
06-27-2011, 10:20 AM
Which begs the question, why doens't cannith crafting let you pick your model?

Oh yeah...armour kits.

Yeah but sometimes you need to try many preview kits to find one that looks good. Even then the options are limited.

I remember when my wizard had a pink backpack, pink legwarmers, and pink armbands. It was stylin' now he wears the dragon touched and looks like everyone else.

Bekki
06-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Yikes!
But I don't think that is the worst I've ever seen...

Out of curiosity... I must ask....

What is your base color...?

I have found that you can have two identical Warforged standing right next to one another with the same Identical Docent,
And it can look different based solely on a different base color.
(IE: black versus brown...)

Just curious if that is the case here...

Dispel
06-27-2011, 11:23 AM
OP, I just realized that this is neither a Suggestion or an Idea.

I'm not mad that you posted it here, just confused why a mod hasn't moved it yet..

xSeverinax
06-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Here is my Unsuppressed Quorforged Docent of Battle that I use on my Wizard (for those of you who have never seen one). Thank you Dev's for a good skin. Though I would make it fair as I flamed the Orange Bath towel skin in my original post. I like how it looks with my Tricore Pirate hat.

How did you get a green one? I don't think it would have suited me though, I really really like my own version :-)

http://i53.tinypic.com/mrwi0z.jpg

Grinson_Bartlebee
06-27-2011, 11:51 AM
How can you not like that docent?!?!?!!?!? My Sorcerer still uses a min lvl 4 one. :D
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/2531/docentskirt.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/580/docentskirt.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Truga
06-27-2011, 12:04 PM
OP
Your textures are bad. Please repost with "Ultra high" textures. :P

lol nope.
Quorforged docent is the best docent. Un-upgraded might be a bit too pink for some people unsure of their sexuality, but once you upgrade it, it easily tops most epic things you could slot there. Con+6? Uh.. ok. Superior false life on the same item? Yes please. Toughness too? Why would I not wear this?

All the HP items you need rolled into one slot. You might be able to get more benefit from some of the epic ones if you roll your hp gear around a bit, but I don't think it's worth the trouble. I guess DoD might be better for a main tank..

Edit: Now if only we could slot that greensteel +45hp onto this somehow..

sesobebo
06-27-2011, 12:12 PM

Requesting leopard spots for this.
Zebra stripes will do too.

DaSawks
06-27-2011, 12:15 PM
How did you get a green one? I don't think it would have suited me though, I really really like my own version :-)

Take your docent along with 24 of the needed essences into the Dreamforge to "Unsuppress" it.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Suppressed_Power

http://itemwiki.cubicleninja.com/items/itemdetails.aspx?itemid=353

muffinlad
06-27-2011, 01:17 PM

This...is full of win!

muffinmonty

Tirisha
06-27-2011, 01:50 PM

you'd have to bug it so cos armor just makes it look worse!

muffinlad
06-27-2011, 03:56 PM

Totally Village People, 1977-80. At 14 I had no sense of irony. Today, that is all I have.

muffindressedasacop

phillymiket
06-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Totally Village People, 1977-80. At 14 I had no sense of irony. Today, that is all I have.

muffindressedasacop

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/1470/mrwi0z.jpg

DaSawks
06-27-2011, 04:30 PM

Now THIS is full of win. EPIC WIN.

ceiswyn
06-27-2011, 05:45 PM

I have an Elocator's Habiliment sitting in the bank even now, waiting for my pink-haired rogue to be high enough level to wear it about town.

Those of us with no sense of taste salute you :)

Bargol
06-27-2011, 05:46 PM

Ahh...the happy cowboy look....now all you need is your mount.. :D

donfilibuster
06-27-2011, 08:10 PM

God no! imagine all the sequins and spikes, skulls and horns on the poor thing's barding.

Let alone mounts get eaten in X'endrik without having to parade in bright colors.

doubledge
06-27-2011, 08:20 PM

you must spread some reputation around before giving to phillymiket again.

Veriden
06-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Skirtforged! :D

Its not a skirt, its a kilt. Irish wf ftw!

Veriden
06-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Its not Solid pink so its fine.

There used to be a time when Pink was the only color.

well, there has to be some penalty for playing a toaster.

NaturalHazard
06-27-2011, 09:33 PM

lolz i wore a docent much like this for a while as it was one of the few moderate fort ones that i could find :P.

phillymiket
06-28-2011, 05:36 PM

I'll go with the Native American. He always seemed eager enough.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6939/nativeamerican.jpg

It's fun to stay at the...

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/4883/58679774.jpg

ravengerpl
06-28-2011, 06:25 PM

Lol. Bought this one on Orien's AH, also with medium guild slot.

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/9422/docent.jpg

moorewr
06-30-2011, 08:58 AM

You rock so hard. :)

Caseas
07-31-2011, 11:43 PM
OP's docent was the original design I got for my monk, except it was mostly black, and I have to say I loved having the black-belt. It fit the monk very well. Color scheme makes all the difference.

Nysrock
07-31-2011, 11:54 PM

Not sure if WAI but I found that when I turned the "show armor" on and then off again it changed the color of that from Pink to White.

janave
08-01-2011, 06:44 AM
95% of the armor appearances in the game look really badly lame :). That other 5% is usually found at low levels or the ones that give you not enough boost anyway.

...(little less cartoon network, and little more research on medieval gears may help you out ddo artists)

Memnir
08-01-2011, 11:01 AM

And this, in my opinion, sums up a lot of problems this game has. I wish I could find amusement in it, I really do. But for one, I don't think he's kidding. And two - it illustrates perfectly how complaints fall on either totally deaf ears, or spiteful ones that will teach us that it's better to just shut up or we'll just get something worse.

Kudos, Eladrin. You sure showed us all your the bigger man.

rest
08-01-2011, 11:13 AM
And this, in my opinion, sums up a lot of problems this game has. I wish I could find amusement in it, I really do. But for one, I don't think he's kidding. And two - it illustrates perfectly how complaints fall on either totally deaf ears, or spiteful ones that will teach us that it's better to just shut up or we'll just get something worse.

Kudos, Eladrin. You sure showed us all your the bigger man.

I'm out of rep :(

Pretend I repped you. Like you need more than 35k rep :p