PDA

View Full Version : Crafting Tweaks, improvements, & bugs?

lordalberonn
06-21-2011, 04:45 PM
I have had an issue with crafting where I tried to work out a set of shards to apply to an item and once I make them, I'm disappointed to discover that I cannot use a particular for the item I'm trying to build. I'm not just talking about obvious ones such as trying to apply a burst to a set of boots, but some of the other abilities are a little less obvious. For instance I discovered that I cannot apply Unbalancing to boots. Of course, I didn't know this until I spent the materials to create the shard and attempted to apply it to the item.

It would be nice if the text for the shard and recipe would indicate what it could be applied to--like they do with the guild augment crystals.

Silverwren
06-22-2011, 07:45 AM
There's an easy work-around to this.

Drop the item in the machine without a shard. You'll get a narrowed down list of all the recipes you can do to the item. Then you can decide from there what you want to apply to it. You have to run from machine to machine a bit more, but at least you'll know.

lordalberonn
06-25-2011, 08:11 PM
I recently discover that, but it is a little annoying to have to do that. Perhaps some filters in the crafting shards shrine by object type could help too.