PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion to quicken crafting

DragonTroy
06-19-2011, 12:33 AM
would it be possible to in the future implement where instead of just crunching down essences or making shards one at a time, we could do it in stack of 5,10,25,50,100, etc? i feel it would just make the entire thing a better process. i understand crafting is in beta,and dont expect any immediate results, but, considering that currently the entire system is based around the complete grinding of ingredients and shards and such, it would make the process, just, better. it would take out a lot of the exhausting constant decon,decon,decon button clicking. and it would then get us back out playing the game and less time with carpel tunnel syndrome.

just a thought

Dysmetria
06-19-2011, 12:46 AM
would it be possible to in the future implement where instead of just crunching down essences or making shards one at a time, we could do it in stack of 5,10,25,50,100, etc? i feel it would just make the entire thing a better process. i understand crafting is in beta,and dont expect any immediate results, but, considering that currently the entire system is based around the complete grinding of ingredients and shards and such, it would make the process, just, better. it would take out a lot of the exhausting constant decon,decon,decon button clicking. and it would then get us back out playing the game and less time with carpel tunnel syndrome.

just a thoughtI thought crafting was intended to be an additional timesink?

DragonTroy
06-19-2011, 01:37 AM
im rather certain crafting is intended so that you can craft. you shouldnt need to spend giant amounts of time to craft. and its not like this would be game breaking or anything. just the game would do something it already does without the need for more clicking

it already does basically the same thing when you sell a stack of arrows, doing one thing to multiple items in a stack. i feel it would be a nice addition

Nysrock
06-19-2011, 02:07 AM
im rather certain crafting is intended so that you can craft. you shouldnt need to spend giant amounts of time to craft. and its not like this would be game breaking or anything. just the game would do something it already does without the need for more clicking

it already does basically the same thing when you sell a stack of arrows, doing one thing to multiple items in a stack. i feel it would be a nice addition

I think it is set this way so that people have to work at maxing their crafting levels. That way you don't have everyone maxed out in crafting, only those who want to put the time and effort into it.

DragonTroy
06-19-2011, 02:54 AM
im not saying the crafting system should require less work. i would just prefer not to break my hand making and deconning shards

Silverwren
06-19-2011, 08:15 AM
I brought up a similar subject not too long ago, but it all applies together to save time crafting.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=323431

I think it is set this way so that people have to work at maxing their crafting levels. That way you don't have everyone maxed out in crafting, only those who want to put the time and effort into it.

Trust me, we'd still have to work at it, especially if we wanted to craft unbound things. At present your crafting levels have to be in the mid 50s to lower 60s just to craft mid level items for anyone other than yourself. That takes up a great deal of time. Anything to save a little along the way would be appreciated.

jwdaniels
06-19-2011, 08:16 AM
Crafting is designed as a time and plat sink. I don't think they're going to do anything this significant that will make it take less time - it's very unlikely you will be able to get more than a one-at-a-time deconstruction. The one thing I'd like, though, is for there to be less time between clicking the deconstruct button and the point where the ingredients disappear from the window and you get your essences.