PDA

View Full Version : New Concept For Hirelings

chyribdus
06-18-2011, 07:53 PM
I've been working on fully creating this idea for a little while now. Up until now, I have never seen a hireling with a prestige enhancement. Instead of just throwing random prestiges on hirelings and having to re-do their skills and spells, I came up with another idea. Allow players to make their own personalized hirelings.

To create these hirelings, it will require occupying a character slot. Upon character creation, the decision is made if it will be a playable character or a hireling. Once you choose hireling, you level the character to 20 as if a lesser reincarnation except being allowed to use your enhancement points each level. Each level and that level's enhancements are saved to the system. Once you finish levels, you choose base gear. By that, i mean jewelry, boots, items like that which dont offer armor values except with bonuses. These items will be level adjusted to allow the maximum of those bonuses allowed at that level. Next you choose your max armor and weapon(s). These will be available only once the hirelings level usage is high enough for the min level of the item. There will be no tomes available on the hireling.

As for the AI on these created hirelings, it will work with the same AI system used with hirelings, even though it doesnt work that great.

The skills/spells available on the hireling's tool bar will be designated by the player creating the hireling. The player will be able to remove EITHER the defend OR the attack command on the toolbar depending on the purpose of the hireling. Doing this will allow for one extra skill, spell, enhancement, or feat to be available.

These hirelings would be listed as Level X Personalized Hireling and will be limited to one per account. They would automatically level adjust to the player's current level and will cost the same price as a level 20 hireling.

sirdanile
06-18-2011, 08:02 PM
This is.... actually not that bad... how would weapons work?

chyribdus
06-18-2011, 08:06 PM
The idea is that they would be from a set of weapons based on level ranges for the class of the hireling, so scepters for mages that give focuses and the such, maces and shields for clerics and fvs, axes or swords for fighters and barbarians, swords for paladins, daggers for rogues, and not sure for bards. As for rangers, swords and daggers or longbow if an arcane archer

rocky0
06-18-2011, 08:32 PM
While your ideas for these hirelings would be an interesting add on, I would have to disagree with this right now for one simple fact. If the hirelings we have now whcih have basic simple functions cannot even work properly, can you imagine how they would be with even more difficult settings?? Heck, they would prolly attack us instead of trying to heal us or lead us into a trap and say its disarmed when in fact they never touched it.

I think your idea is a good one and would be a good addition to hirelings. I would hope they get hirelings working with the basic stuff first BEFORE they try to add on to them. Sadly with the way hirelings are now, I would think it would be a long time before we could reasonably hope for this.

Good idea though, I hope it could be used in someway

Rian
06-18-2011, 09:53 PM
<snip>
Heck, they would prolly attack us instead of trying to heal us or lead us into a trap and say its disarmed when in fact they never touched it.
<snip>

Might as well add the evil alignment if they did that! :D