PDA

View Full Version : Acid Rain v. Graphics Card

seobanio
06-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Acid Rain kills my computer. Graphics at the lowest setting. :( Plz. fix.

Adrian99
06-13-2011, 04:44 PM
I would like to add 'ice storm' (or whatever that spell is to the list). I have no lag issues at all when fighting a small army of mobs at once, regardless of what non-acid rain, non-ice storm spells or activities are occurring. However, if I fight a single mob, and that single mob casts ice storm? laaaaaaaag.....

Milfeulle
06-13-2011, 04:45 PM
What's your computer specifications? You might be using a very old graphic card and having low RAM for memory.

Marcus-Hawkeye
06-13-2011, 04:47 PM
What Directx do you have set?

kilagan800
06-13-2011, 05:16 PM
I would like to add 'ice storm' (or whatever that spell is to the list). I have no lag issues at all when fighting a small army of mobs at once, regardless of what non-acid rain, non-ice storm spells or activities are occurring. However, if I fight a single mob, and that single mob casts ice storm? laaaaaaaag.....

The ice storm one that makes you slip and fall, that one kills my computer. Never had a prob with acid rain though.

Missing_Minds
06-13-2011, 05:36 PM
Acid Rain kills my computer. Graphics at the lowest setting. :( Plz. fix.

If acid rain is killing your graphics, you need to upgrade if possible. Seriously.

sirdanile
06-13-2011, 05:52 PM
They say that if you make acid rain the view becomes out of this world...

dozkal-mo
06-13-2011, 06:06 PM
Add Sleet Storm to the problem. I think that's the spell a previous poster mentioned.

Seriously. It never prevents me from destroying that caster, so drop the spell or make it less crash-inducing.

Frotz
06-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Many of the dust/smoke/mist/fog effects apparently take a lot of processing too when they take up the whole screen. The dusty door-breaking and misty waterfalls also eat FPS. :) Considering the mist/fog is significantly increasing GPU load, it would be nice to allow it to be turned off if possible.