PDA

View Full Version : Increase DPS - Epic Hellfire Crossbow!

Dispel
06-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Really? It sucks. It's terribad. Not worth carrying the bolts for..

rodallec
06-13-2011, 03:54 PM
So you got it so they should make it better for you?!

Cyr
06-13-2011, 03:55 PM

To be fair it sucks for anyone who gets it.

stille_nacht
06-13-2011, 03:59 PM

why is this so commonly a response for requested buffs? i think it should be inherently obvious that if something is underpowered, then it is not only underpowered for one person, but everyone. The only point of conjecture is if it is underpowered or not...

Doganpc
06-13-2011, 04:50 PM
Its not so much that the Hellfire repeating crossbow sucks, its a 2d12 which is better than a green steel heavy repeater(2d8) by a lot. Its the fire damage and whats available at level 20 as quests. With the red augment slot you can make the weapon bypass metal or alignment DR but its the emphasis on Fire damage that kills it. 'Here Mr. Devil let me hit you with this weapon of massive fire damage that you're immune to.'

I don't think it can be fixed without some major reimagining of the term hellfire

Dogan
+6 2d12 19-20x2,

Dispel
06-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Also it only does 1 arrow for me. I don't know how crossbows work, but I'm 18sorc,2monk and used a Divine Power clicky and all it did was cause me to shoot a little quicker. I'm off course not going to spec for it, but what are those one crossbows that shoot like 4 bolts at a time or something..?

Kourier
06-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Also it only does 1 arrow for me. I don't know how crossbows work, but I'm 18sorc,2monk and used a Divine Power clicky and all it did was cause me to shoot a little quicker. I'm off course not going to spec for it, but what are those one crossbows that shoot like 4 bolts at a time or something..?

You need the repeater proficiency to get extra shots...

Anyway, it's not a very good weapon for devils in addition to the entire ranged thing - hopefully the ranged combat pass comes eventually and we get more diverse enemies in endgame.

gwenniez
06-13-2011, 05:07 PM
yea its just one of those 80% useless epic items where you eventually get the scroll shard and seal and item
and wonder wich character needs a meteor swarm clicky.. cause thats all itts good for.if they gonan fix this let them at least fix the countless of other useless epic items first..

right now its ..

esos

clhaosblade.. and the rest is pure junk compared to those 2 and doesnt even come close to even
70% of the potential of those 2 items.. its just bad item making is all.. should get used to it..

toughguyjoe
06-13-2011, 06:34 PM
It is underpowered. I would say an addition of Flaming Blast and replace inferno with something along the lines of:

Hellfire:

A small percent of the time this weapon deal massive damage to its target. Half of this damage is negative energy half is fire.

Like lightning strike but half fire/half something useful.

Didn't want to go too overboard.

SiliconShadow
06-13-2011, 06:48 PM
With U11 it will be useful rest of the time just use a lit2 gs.

The changes in U11 will make all crossbows more effective and this is for all non planar content the best bow of its class, although I was sad it upgraded to a heavy I wanted a light :(

Dispel
06-13-2011, 08:47 PM
How do you know so much about U11? U10 isn't even out yet... don't make me kidnap you for answers. :|

The above statement is not a real threat please do not ban/infract me. Thank you.