PDA

View Full Version : Make crafting levels unlocked account based for VIP

dingal
06-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Right now with crafting the way it is you can level one character and craft anything you want for your other characters on the same account.

As a VIP with an account bank (or anyone owning a shared bank) a player is able to log over to a crafting toon, craft the ingredients and log back to the other character they want to construct the final item on.

It would be a VERY convenient to just be able to stay on the toon you want, explore the recipes and craft without having to log toons. This would be a VERY nice incentive for people to go VIP if the crafting experience levels unlocked applied to all characters and would help you (Turbine) sell additional VIP subscriptions.

Understanding that the perk would need to be removed once the subscription lapsed I'd recommend continuing to calculate each individual character's crafting XP on the back-end and setting them to their appropriate levels should an individual choose to go premium at a later time. This means people would still need to deconstruct and level on one toon but at least for crafting purposes you wouldn't need to switch toons to build out the ingredients.

Alternatively you could use this as a perk for shared bank owners as well as an incentive to purchase shared banks though I honestly don't think there are that many reasons to go VIP as it is other than to unlock elite and sample content prior to buying.

At least with the shared bank issue you would not have to re-adjust crafting XP when the subscription lapsed.

My 2 cents....

NinjaNeed
06-13-2011, 02:08 PM
/not signed.

You would still need to log over and change toons to get your materials. This will just make it much more complicated to keep track of your materials.

dingal
06-13-2011, 02:16 PM
/not signed.

You would still need to log over and change toons to get your materials. This will just make it much more complicated to keep track of your materials.

Yes, it's very difficult to put your ingredients bag in the bank like I do.