PDA

View Full Version : Mari Mosshand Change

Memnir
06-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Hello Devs and Mods,

Please consider changing Mari Mosshand - everyone's favorite maid o' the bags in the Harbor. Right now, she hands you a small gem and collectable bag. And as the player dialog says - what would we do without her. It's a very nice thing to pick up at low levels, and really helps to keep inventory sorted and free of clutter.

Or at least, it did.

I propose that Mari now give three small bags: Gem, Collectable, and now - Ingredient.

See, we now have things like Essences and Trap Parts to contend with at all levels. These things absolutely devour inventory space. For low level alts, pack space is at a premium since they've not yet unlocked the extra space. It would be fantastic, not to mention in keeping with why Mari started handing out the bags in the first place, if we were also able to have a way to keep our Essences and Trap bits from overcrowding our packs to death.

Going hand in hand with this would need to be a change to Jeanselme Brucetius of The Twelve. Currently, he hands you a small Ingredient Bag just for talking to him. Lonely guy. This is a good way to keep your bags clutter free, but only if you know about it - and new players do not.

Good ol' Jeans should have that taken away - but, at 40 Twelve favor he should be able to give out a Medium Ingredient Bag along with the player getting access to the Meridia alter.

Thanks for your time, and I hope that this idea gets kicked around a morning meeting some time. It would really help out the lowbie population.

Lithic
06-09-2011, 09:58 AM
I would suggest instead that she give specific directions to the guy in the twelve so you can pick up the free small ing bag already provided. Giving another (since they are exclusive IIRC) would mean the twelve guy would be redundantly rendered redundantly redundant.

Memnir
06-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Yeah, I thought about that - but sending new players into a part of the city where they otherwise have nothing to do there would confuse them. Not to mention they'd probably get lost, since they are new to the city and it's navigation. That's why I suggested taking that small ingredient bag away from Jeanselme, but giving him another handout at 40 Twelve favor. A new and nice way to acquire a Medium bag via favor.

Iwinbyrollup
06-09-2011, 10:09 AM
/signed

It made sense before to have the Small Ingredients Bag obtained elsewhere. After all, you did get items that would go into an ingredients bag early in the game, but nowhere near the number of collectibles or gems you'd get (the most common source of early ingredients prior to crafting was trap parts; for non-rogues, dragonshard fragments, but those are not way too difficult to contain as it is). Now with essences, it makes sense that ingredient bags should be made readily available to someone right off the boat, when they first reach Stormreach.

Arel
06-09-2011, 10:10 AM
/signed

40 Twelve favor right now seems like a pointless milestone. Yeah, you need access to that altar in order to make Greensteel blanks... but for those to be worthwhile you have to have access to the shroud, which requires doing the dungeons out in the veil. And doing all those on normal is enough to get you to 40 favor. Yeah, you can get enough favor to get access to the altar by doing the F2P Twelve quests and/or doing some of the veil quests on hard/elite... but doing so is useless (for that purpose) unless you plan to run some of the veil quests on casual for some reason.

EDIT: Also, what Iwinbyrollup said.

Grosbeak07
06-09-2011, 10:10 AM
This seems like a good idea to me.

/signed.

Narmolanya
06-09-2011, 10:11 AM
I would like to see this as well. I am sure it is very confusing for new players and many probaly don't even know about the ingredient bag. For both new and seasoned players alike its just a pain to have to run all the way to the twelve just to get the bag.

somenewnoob
06-09-2011, 10:14 AM
/signed......took me a while to find that ingred bag when I first started!

And I'd just rather have Mari handling my sack.

le_goat
06-09-2011, 10:24 AM
i love mari's bags!

but yes, maybe she could use some bigger bags. or a third one?

rest
06-09-2011, 10:35 AM
Mem you'd better stop it with the sensible and awesome ideas/artwork. They're going to assimilate you! :eek: :eek:

Kahless_of_Cannith
06-09-2011, 10:49 AM
/signed

Even if you know where the bag is, it's one more step that has to be taken on every new toon. This is a matter of convenience for everyone, as well as an issue for newer players.

lazyninja81
06-09-2011, 10:55 AM
/signed

I never would have found the guy in The Twelve if a more experienced player hadn't been kind enough to show me.

Memnir
06-09-2011, 11:35 AM
They're going to assimilate you! :eek: :eek:I am Memcutus of Borg. I will add your gifs and humorous picture distinctiveness to my own. Resistance is futile, but funny.
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn12/EnPsyane/eddie2.jpg
:D

Sebastrd
06-09-2011, 05:13 PM
/signed

MarDeRoam
06-09-2011, 05:28 PM
my newborn rogue would be very happy with a green bag!

Or just any newborn who finds all these strange little fluffies in chests.