PDA

View Full Version : Wands

~STERLIN1
06-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Increase wand availability please. No, I do not mean make wands drop more. Waht I am talking about is wand selection. A wand can be made with pretty much any spell of lvl 4 and below. If you don't want certain wands to be purchasable make them part of the crafting process but do not arbitrarily say this spell is in the game but you may not have it as a wand. This would not be unbalanced and it would allow for some interesting play. Wands cannot compare to a caster for power or duration and they cost money. Put them in. In particular I would like to see haste and fire shield wands.

dragonmane
06-08-2011, 04:52 PM
Or we could create wands and potions. That would be cool. It would have to be a feat though, that way it would have to cost something and it would have be level appropiate. But it would have to bound to account so we can transfer it to other characters that need them.

AZgreentea
06-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Or we could create wands and potions. That would be cool. It would have to be a feat though, that way it would have to cost something and it would have be level appropiate. But it would have to bound to account so we can transfer it to other characters that need them.
I thought crafting potions at least was a stated future aspect of crafting? I would imagine that wands could be too, with some essences, festival twigs (I have some :p ) and a scroll of the spell.

Asketes
06-08-2011, 05:22 PM
I don't see a reason why we can't have fireshield wands since the scroll is currently available.
Since repair critical woulds is available as a wand, I would like to see this available in the cure section; as well as both being available as potions

danielost
06-08-2011, 06:07 PM
a wizard or cleric should be able to make any wand they want to. however making wands would take time and the higher spell level the longer it would take. the same goes for eternal wands. just extend the time it takes to make those. of course this is all dependent on the feat being available.

EustaceTrevelyan
06-08-2011, 06:11 PM

Agree there should be wands craftable, but not that it should take a feat; you don't need to have a feat to add permanent magic effects to items, so why would you need to have a feat to make a consumable magic effect? Given the feat starved nature of most classes, it would just encourage muling and of course the associated database bloat, which MMOs hate.

danielost
06-08-2011, 10:29 PM
another thing to consider is in the original game, you can make wands and potion and when you get done there is a chance of failing.