PDA

View Full Version : Is this bugged or do I just not have something required??

pleistocene
06-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Well I have a level 16 monk and for some reason I just can't get the tier 3 enhancement, master of the sea.

I've accumulated a total of 62 AP, and I have all of the other tier 3 enhancements, but this one.

As mentioned on the wiki, http://ddowiki.com/page/Monk_enhancements

It says that the tier 3 enhancement requires the following:

AP Cost: 3 Level: 12 Progression: 41 Requires: Wisdom 16, Adept of Rain

In which I'm Level 16, I have 62 AP, my wisdom is 19 + 4 mod with no items on, no stances, buffs, etc, and I have the tier 2 enhancement Adept of the Rain, so why can't I achieve this tier 3 enhancement?!

It really bugs me.

My stats with no stances, buffs, items is:

STR 20 + 5
DEX 17 + 3
CON 17 + 3
INT 9 - 1
WIS 17 + 3
CHA 9 - 1

Saves:

+ 16 in Fort and Reflex, + 15 in Will saves

I'd really appreciated if someone could tell me what I did wrong, or how I can get this enhancement.

Thanks.

Lerincho
06-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Your wisdom is not high enough. Wisdom must be an 18 without gear. This can include tomes, but it is base 18 needed.

kernal42
06-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Also, enhancements do not count for stat reqs either.

Only base + levels + tomes (ie, things you can't change without an LR).

-Kernal

pleistocene
06-08-2011, 11:24 AM
Your wisdom is not high enough. Wisdom must be an 18 without gear. This can include tomes, but it is base 18 needed.

So the master of seas requires 18?? not 16??

Because I got the tier 3 enhancements for everything else, with just 17 base mod 3

t0r012
06-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Master stances are indeed 16 base stat , grand master is 18.
So you qualify statwise if you didn't miss a bonus somewhere.

What I suggest you do is go to the trainer and click the "show unavailable" checkbox the scroll to master of water and hover over it with your mouse. This will show you what you are missing to aquire the enh. Green means you qualify red writing means your missing that prereq.

Iwinbyrollup
06-08-2011, 11:35 AM
Master of the Sea only requires 16, not 18. It's Grandmaster that requires 18 in its ability.

As already mentioned (although it sounds like you meet the requirement), the 16 needs to be Base + Inherent. So, unequipped isn't enough; you need to ignore Enhancement or Feat bonuses as well (if you scroll over your ability score on your character sheet, you can see the Base and Inherent). Make sure your Base+Inherent is at least 16.

The other main thing I'm wondering is if you've spent your AP, which isn't something you've mentioned. When it talks about "Progression", it's not talking about how many AP you've EARNED, but how many AP you've SPENT.

EDIT: I guess I just realized that you said you have all the other tier 3 ones but that one so that wouldn't be it...hmm...

Iwinbyrollup
06-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Actually, it probably does have to do with Wisdom. Do you have Monk Wisdom II? You listed your Wisdom in the OP as both 17 and 19 so I'm not sure which is the right one, but if it's 17 unbuffed/unequipped/unstanced and you have Monk Wisdom II (or even Monk Wisdom III), there's your problem. Enhancements don't count towards the needed total. Just Base+Inherent.

pleistocene
06-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Actually, it probably does have to do with Wisdom. Do you have Monk Wisdom II? You listed your Wisdom in the OP as both 17 and 19 so I'm not sure which is the right one, but if it's 17 unbuffed/unequipped/unstanced and you have Monk Wisdom II (or even Monk Wisdom III), there's your problem. Enhancements don't count towards the needed total. Just Base+Inherent.

Thanks, this helped, and maybe my problem, I'm going to check it out right away, because I currently am using Monk Wisdom II

ah, just found out im 14 + 1 inherent, thanks so much, I guess I'l be needing a +2 tome now, thanks for your help and everyone else that contributed.