PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Which Khopesh to craft

rpv6752
06-07-2011, 08:43 AM
So I'm at Lvl 9 with my pure rogue (mechanic) and as soon as I hit 12 I'll be switching to assassin. I'm twf khopesh spec'd and have the choice to craft either the petrifrying hook blade or the bloody hooked blade. What way to go?

Thanks

suszterpatt
06-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Bodyfeeder can help a lot with staying alive, but at mid level that may not be a concern for you (and you don't have IC:Slash yet). Do you plan to use this toward endgame?

rpv6752
06-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Not really sure to be honest. Until I can get my Crafting up I'm going with whatever I can get my hands on. At 16 I'll for sure start to craft my GS Khopesh.

As for IC:Slashing I should be able to pick that up at 12 when I can start to use this weapon when I move to assassin

suszterpatt
06-07-2011, 10:25 AM
If you don't have GS weapons yet, then I'd definitely go with the Bodyfeeder. It'll be very useful in shroud 4/5 alone, and at that range the DC 17 on Stone Prison isn't very spectacular.

rpv6752
06-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks Sus. Figuring I have time to grind and get the items to build the GS Khopesh with my Figther plus guildies are super awesome in helping me out with needed ings. Will have to decide what GS to build.

Jaid314
06-07-2011, 12:53 PM
If you don't have GS weapons yet, then I'd definitely go with the Bodyfeeder. It'll be very useful in shroud 4/5 alone, and at that range the DC 17 on Stone Prison isn't very spectacular.

stone prison for petrifying hooked blade is 27. i've seen one person report it as 33, even.

that said, bodyfeeder will keep you alive, which is much better :P

Acers13
06-07-2011, 12:58 PM
I have a friend who is a lvl 20 rogue (has a fighter lvl though) and he crafted two petrifying bloody hooked blades, and thy are Awesome. He uses them to beat trash and they work really well. :D

rpv6752
06-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Very cool info... Maybe I'll craft one of each all I need is one more hooked blade and I should be good to go. Maybe dual them both :)

suszterpatt
06-07-2011, 01:44 PM
stone prison for petrifying hooked blade is 27. i've seen one person report it as 33, even.

that said, bodyfeeder will keep you alive, which is much better :P
Quite right, apparently the description is flawed. I guess in that case it really depends on how much trouble you have staying alive.

Devilteck
06-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Also some might not know that if you use two and switch to a throwing weapon the stone prision has a chance to proc and yes i've seen it becuase my rogue asassin has two and used them all the time untill i got my GS's crafted.

Renvar
06-07-2011, 02:12 PM
OP,

Is there a reason for going Khopesh instead of Scimitar or Rapier on your GS? Most Rogues I know craft a Radiance II Weapon for the blinding on crit. Since the blinding gives automatic sneak attacks. With IC Slash you get double the crit range. 17-20 on the Khopesh and 15-20 on the Scim/Rapier. That a difference critting (And blinding) 3 times out of 10 instead of 2 times. Sure, the Khopesh gives you the X3 crit multipler vs. the X2 on the scimitar/rapier (plus slightly higher base damage) but your sneak attacks more than compensate.

If you can crit for 100 damage with the scim and 160 with the khopesh, sure the Khopesh is slightly more DPS (300 crit damage vs. 320 crit damage), but when you factor in that blinding effect yielding sneak damage, getting an extra sneak attack in (for another 12d6 or so + modifiers) on that extra crit as well as every hit on that blinded target thereafter, you are seeing a much higher DPS benefit from the extended crit range than you get from the larger crit multiplier.

Not to mention the benefit that the blinded mob doesn't fight back quite so well.

If you are going to invest a lot of shroud mats (particularly large scales, stones, and shrap) on a weapon, I'd recommend checking this out. I think you get more DPS benefit from the scimitar or rapier (it gets even better if you have a racial bonus with one of those, like Drow or Elf).

Just my 2 cents.

rpv6752
06-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Now that you say it that way. That is something to think about also. I'm a halfling. How much does that change everything. I'm currently wielding raipers and shorts. Running Delera's I have dual sun blades.

I was following this build
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=309669

But can go with this with a change of my khopesh feat and go with this build
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=266083

I can always make some feat changes. Thanks for your advise and please let me know what else you think.'

Kinerd
06-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Scimitars/rapiers are clearly better at khopeshes than blinding; however, player skill is enough to frequently have sneak attack as a rogue in a party anyway. Unless you solo a lot, I would stick with khopeshes if I were you.

rpv6752
06-08-2011, 05:32 AM
Typically I run more with guild and do some PUG with this guy. At times I will solo.

Devilteck
06-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Remember that blinded mobs also run around like a chicken with its head cut off which in turns ****es everyone off because they have to chase them.

Jaid314
06-08-2011, 01:30 PM
i doubt you'll have a hard time blinding your opponent with "only" dual rad II khopeshes.

i have a repeater rogue with a rad II repeater, and i blind things easily. with your substantially higher (because of TWF) attack rate and just-as-frequent crits, you should be having no problems at all.