PDA

View Full Version : make lfg more refined

chodelord
06-06-2011, 02:48 PM
One of the most annoying things about this game is finding groups. If I have an hour to play I don't want to spend half of it waiting for a group to form.

I propose the following:

1. each quest in your list has a checkbox which says whether or not you want to be in the LFG queue for that quest, maybe have a separate checkbox for each difficulty

players who are on a timer or don't own the content wouldn't be allowed to check the boxes for those quests

2. after leader forms a group and selects a quest there is a button on the selection screen to add a random player for that quest's LFG queue

because the LFG players are added one at a time the leader could tailor the class selection of each subsequent addition based on what comes up

this would greatly speed things up in forming groups and simultaneously allow people to choose which quests they want to be seen as LFG for

stoopid_cowboy
06-06-2011, 03:08 PM
WoW!

/first to make a wow comment

yuda :D

/not signed

Current LFM's work just fine

flynnjsw
06-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Easy fix;

1. Log in
2. Check LFM Panel to see if someone is running something you want to.
A. If yes, then join
B. If not, proceed to nect step
3. Make your own LFM.
4. ??????
5. Profit

Not as easy fixes;

1. Join a guild and ask guildies if they are running anything
2. Join channels available on your server

Impaqt
06-06-2011, 03:26 PM
WHy wait?

Put up LFM, Start Quest... "In Progress"

Gkar
06-06-2011, 03:30 PM
WHy wait?

Put up LFM, Start Quest... "In Progress"

That is in fact the fastest way to fill a group with the highest probabilty of quality players and clerics/fvs joining.

DoctorWhofan
06-06-2011, 04:11 PM
/not signed.

After dealing with Rift and LotRO's highly confusing LFM screen, I have found that the simple, yet very useful DDO LFM is pretty perfect as is. Outside some at-a-glance indication to F2P players whether or not they could do the quest, it's pretty perfect.

Impaqt
06-06-2011, 04:16 PM
/not signed.

After dealing with Rift and LotRO's highly confusing LFM screen, I have found that the simple, yet very useful DDO LFM is pretty perfect as is. Outside some at-a-glance indication to F2P players whether or not they could do the quest, it's pretty perfect.

yeah, that big "BUY IT NOW" button is kinda easy to miss for them sometimes....

Cyr
06-06-2011, 04:21 PM
/not signed.

Nod, Lotro's LFM screen was horrendously bad when I played it and it was due to overcomplicating things.

ExK444
06-06-2011, 04:45 PM

The sad thing is that this is not sarcasm.

Narmolanya
06-06-2011, 04:51 PM

I think it is. I always select the quest by name in order make sure people are aware it's p2p. Someone always ends up joining running to the quest and then I get, "oh this isnt f2p".

To the OP, /notsigned.

Puppetian
06-06-2011, 05:09 PM
This is nearly a perfect copy of what WoW has... and let me tell you, WoW used to have an lfm interface similar to that DDO has. The checkbox-queue system really ruined the experience, removed any sort of courtesy or control over who joins your party. That and the fact that the system works on the cross-server basis, so people feel completely free to do whatever they damn well please, including screwing the whole party over just for the heck of it.

Definately /not signed.

Start your own parties, or if you can't fill even those, just grab a hireling. Easy as that.