PDA

View Full Version : Airship Changes

Dispel
06-06-2011, 09:21 AM
I hate going inside for more ship buffs, then using the obnoxious ladder (which glitches) to get back out.

Please make the lower deck part of the same instance (no stupid doors) and give it ramps.

porq
06-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Why yes, that would be an excellent idea

AZgreentea
06-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Which airship are you referring too? The Falcon and the Temptest both have ladders forward and ramps aft so I always go below decks by going forward first. I cant recall what the other ships look like.

Cyr
06-06-2011, 09:31 AM
That makes sense to me. There is little value added in making getting airship buffs take longer...in fact a good argument can be made that the game would be better either without buffs altogether or with buffs being very quick to get or even always being applied to eliminate time spent getting ready to quest and maximize time spent actually questing.

MrLarone
06-06-2011, 09:33 AM
had the same issue.

change the way you run around the ship. i.e. go though the glitchy door to get to the inside and use the rear door to exit to topside.

tada!

Dispel
06-06-2011, 12:39 PM
had the same issue.

change the way you run around the ship. i.e. go though the glitchy door to get to the inside and use the rear door to exit to topside.

tada!

We have the largest of the non-fancy airships because it has more hookpoints.

When we hit 85 (2 more lvls) we'll get the best of the fancy ones. Do they really have hottubs?

Anyway, it would be cool if instead of ladders they put in a man-cannon like in Halo 3, or EV5.

donfilibuster
06-06-2011, 05:40 PM
Please make the lower deck part of the same instance (no stupid doors) and give it ramps.

This is a good idea, the ships aren't that big that we need two separate instances for each deck.
It will be one less loading screen, for those of us that have doorphobia.

Tholar
06-06-2011, 05:59 PM

When we hit 85 (2 more lvls) we'll get the best of the fancy ones. Do they really have hottubs?

Anyway, it would be cool if instead of ladders they put in a man-cannon like in Halo 3, or EV5.

Please never say hot tub and man-cannon in the same post ever again.

Back on track: How about on the level 55 ship at least making the doors to the rooms below deck stay closed?

Asketes
06-06-2011, 06:03 PM
this actually makes sense

I'm on board for this one (pun intended)

Gkar
06-06-2011, 06:06 PM
I've also always been confused as to why the underdeck is a seperate instance. I think the issue is that the ship may actually be a TARDIS so if they made it one instance you would lose space/hookpoints inside.

I hate to tell you this but you won't be buying the L85 ship. If you got the L80 ship you are now bugged and the vendor will refuse to accept any ADs towards the purchase of a L85 ship since he thinks you already have the best ship. This is a known bug that's been acknowledged by the devs with no fix date.

Zorth
06-06-2011, 06:50 PM
ramps all the way, no ladders.

Also the in between step we have to take to get buffs from the humanoids on our ships is unnecessary. They should be like the stat shrines where it is just one click and done. This may help reduce lag.

donfilibuster
06-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Also the in between step we have to take to get buffs from the humanoids on our ships is unnecessary. They should be like the stat shrines where it is just one click and done. This may help reduce lag.

Indeed, it must be that they cast the buff on whoever gets close to them, and they'd be happy to earn their crew fares that way.

If you'd been to southamerica you may have seen these gipsy or gipsy-like old ladies that catch up with you and insist on reading your future.
And when you refuse to pay for your reading they are happy to cast some curses on you without further interaction.
If these old ladies can cast both the divination and the curse on you without solicitation then so can the ship crew deliver the buffs when you approach :P

Blank_Zero
06-06-2011, 08:09 PM
One thing I liked about Rift that would translate well here was the "Guild Perks" system.

Once the benefit was purchased, it was a permanent effect for all guild members. There was no downtime or time spent rebuffing. It was also possible to completely reallocate what buffs were in effect at any time.

bokaboka
06-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Oh so THAT'S what's been taking everyone so long! ;)

Dispel
06-06-2011, 09:01 PM
One thing I liked about Rift that would translate well here was the "Guild Perks" system.

Once the benefit was purchased, it was a permanent effect for all guild members. There was no downtime or time spent rebuffing. It was also possible to completely reallocate what buffs were in effect at any time.

I want that here!

Vanshilar
06-07-2011, 01:28 AM
Something to keep in mind is that the airship interior is actually quite a bit larger than the airship exterior. The level 20 airship has an exterior length of 36 m but the interior is actually 65 m long. The level 85 airship has an exterior length of 102 m but the interior is actually 116 m long. So it wouldn't just be copy-pasting some walls together, it'd be totally reworking the designs and layouts.

Having said that, I don't really know why there's an interior and an exterior either. Maybe they have trouble rendering some effects or it's a different palette set or something, dunno.

For the level 85 airship at least, if you jump and spam use you can click on the door in midair, so you don't need to climb that ladder (and it's hard to get precisely onto that ladder anyway). I remember you could do that with some of the other airships as well, don't remember which.

MrLarone
06-07-2011, 08:25 AM
Having said that, I don't really know why there's an interior and an exterior either. Maybe they have trouble rendering some effects or it's a different palette set or something, dunno.

from the glitchies (i.e. not ship just the background) i've seen when logging on in:

Topside: blue sky, water below, all swishing by.

down below: large square room with brick effect walls and a couple of creates.

dunno if that helps *shrugs*