PDA

View Full Version : Tiny suggestion for piles of gold(As in tor)

AMDarkwolf
06-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Please remove things of 'junk' quality from the piles of gold. Don't add anything to compensate, just get RID of the **** like lv 1-2 junk scrolls, **** masterwork healing kits/thieves tools, stupid wands nobody would use, or ammo.

Its like this 'treasure' the dragons(or whoever) gathered was just anything they could scrape up off the floor with a few plat/gold tossed in later.

Just leave the piles of gold as just that, plat, gold, and gems, maybe the random 'USEFUL' ammo or scroll, or whatever, but PLEASE rid the **** that does nothing but clutter up the inventory.

That is all :P

Gelmir87
06-05-2011, 10:05 PM
/signed with stipulation

Get rid of everything except gold and gems.

They are exactly that, "Treasure Piles"... Not piles of worthless junk that the dragons ate off unworthy adventurers.

This would be more more to liking of everyone.

That is all.

rayworks
06-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Yes, totally agree. Why do I keep getting lvl 1-2 scrolls when I am

a) a fighter who can't use them, and
b) in a dungeon higher than 3rd lvl.

Fix the loot tables and give me loot that is equal to the quest.

English_Warrior
06-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Yeah its pretty funny.

My Character:

"Woah thats a big pile of gold!" "To the victor go the spoils"

"OMG 5 masterwork arrows......I'll just drop a little gold and a few gems back onto the pile to make room for these babies"

ImFour20
06-05-2011, 10:18 PM
i dunno. since crafting was introduced, im only selling vanilla weapons/armor and scrolls, wands, etc

so i dont mind it as much now as i did before. but i do agree, it can be annoying

arjiwan
06-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Everytime me and my friends run TOR for quick scales, and they try to loot the Gold, I yell at them, "POOR!"

jcTharin
06-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Everytime me and my friends run TOR for quick scales, and they try to loot the Gold, I yell at them, "POOR!"

And I would yell back "Shut up or give me money!"

RJBsComputer
06-05-2011, 10:42 PM
The amount of coin you get vs the amount that is "shown" in the rooms do not much what so ever. The amounts you get should much the pile size

arjiwan
06-05-2011, 10:49 PM
And I would yell back "Shut up or give me money!"

annnnnnnnnnnnd, I end up giving them money after.

:D

floating
06-05-2011, 11:26 PM
Remove the junk. OK, also make more gold drop from them.

On a serious note, make those gold piles dangerous! Poisonous gold? Diseased cursed! Halfling eating gold? Quick gold piles that shift like sand beneath your feet threatening golden suffocation. Trixy gold piles that search you while your searching them and steal your scrolls gems thieves tools et cetera.

DM text "A shifty looking gold pile"

Robai
06-06-2011, 07:58 AM
Just remove the gold, increase masterwork junk and give a very tiny chance to loot dragon scales in those piles :)
This way we will have an interesting game of destroying junk in the air :)

Of course,
/signed

Hendrik
06-06-2011, 08:08 AM
I like to see other things there vs just cash.

Gives the feeling of a robust treasure pile. Sure some of the 'junk' can be a pain, but for most part glad it is there.

I do like the idea of removing all Masterwork from these piles - no self respecting Dragon would hoard such 'junk'.

Cyr
06-06-2011, 09:18 AM
/signed

It is not helpful for treasure tables to have tons of lower then the quest level items in them. Those are just vendor trash that clutter up inventory. In the case of gold coin piles it is entirely low level junk with the coins/gems making it so most players avoid picking them up as it is annoying to do so.

Diyon
06-06-2011, 09:38 AM

Then I mention the time a friend pulled a vorpal returning shuriken from one of those piles.

thwart
06-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Don't the dragons and other monsters sitting on big piles of gold eat adventurers who use masterwork arrows and low level scrolls. One might say those items are there for .... wait for it ... flavor.

/not signed

CalydorEstalon
06-06-2011, 10:04 AM
At least change the total junk to non-buyable scrolls etc., though it's possible the dragon is simply a ...

Wait for it ...

Hoarder.

WirelessJoe
06-06-2011, 10:09 AM
I agree gold piles should have a minute chance of dropping a scale; scales have to fall off of dragons from time to time while they're sitting on their horde, don't they? (If Bilbo would have taken the time to sift through the treasure, he could have made himself a pretty nifty shield out of Smaug's missing scale from his belly.)

Also, if you want to loot weapons and such, ask the devs to throw a pile of discarded weapons from dead adventurers off in the corner and anyone who wants to can search over there. No self-respecting OCD dragon would mix those items in with their shinies.

FlyingTurtle
06-06-2011, 10:22 AM
People actually loot those things? They're just there for decoration. I wouldn't shout POOR, I'd shout GREEDY!

The time you'd spend looting all the gold piles, you'd be able to run the quest again for double the chests and XP.

Musouka
06-06-2011, 01:22 PM
Read Ecology of the Dragon Hoard (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20060811a) and take notes.

sweez
06-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Just remove the hoards, will make Tor runs go 25% quicker :p

AMDarkwolf
06-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Then I mention the time a friend pulled a vorpal returning shuriken from one of those piles.

Which had to be a ML 3 or less eh?

SS or it never happened.

DoctorWhofan
06-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Remove the junk. OK, also make more gold drop from them.

On a serious note, make those gold piles dangerous! Poisonous gold? Diseased cursed! Halfling eating gold? Quick gold piles that shift like sand beneath your feet threatening golden suffocation. Trixy gold piles that search you while your searching them and steal your scrolls gems thieves tools et cetera.

DM text "A shifty looking gold pile"

Mimics? THat would be soooooo cooooll!

Sorry but I love looting the gold. It feels very D&D ish.

jcTharin
06-12-2011, 12:15 AM
Mimics? THat would be soooooo cooooll!

Sorry but I love looting the gold. It feels very D&D ish.

Your back!

/happy face!

Felix_the_Rakshasa
06-12-2011, 02:10 AM
I kind of thought it silly if you would loot +5 Dragon Killing Sword of Greater Dragon Killing from a pile of DRAGON gold you got after killing a dragon.

Dang I killed the dragon and I didn't even have this weapon. How big of a NOOOB was the person who had that weapon to actually die to the dragon?

I also see the pile of gold as 'What not to bring to a dragon fight"

and it's flavor! love the stuff!

Diyon
06-12-2011, 03:46 AM
Which had to be a ML 3 or less eh?

SS or it never happened.

Well, I can't give you that as I didn't get it. However, I have gotten on rare occasions semi-decent returning weapons (still ****, but you know with an ability or two on them) out of gold piles. I'll try to remember to SS it next time.