PDA

View Full Version : Would it really be that hard to fix reavers fate?

Jrstevenson07
06-05-2011, 12:25 AM
when solving the puzzle, i for one would be a lot less annoyed if narrator would stop pronounceing 'incorrect' as 'incorreck'.

Thank you, that is all

dkyle
06-05-2011, 12:34 AM
That's what you find most annoying about that voice over?

Phidius
06-05-2011, 12:42 AM
I don't mind bringing in new voice talent for new content, but replacing the original voice in classic quests really cheeses me off.

Un-break whatever caused the narrator to talk over himself, though.

Missing_Minds
06-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Tanglefoot!

protokon
06-05-2011, 01:06 AM
that's the least of the broken narration issues.
coalescence chamber:
- DM talks in a voice inconsistent with the eladrin's voice when you get to frokke's room.
- DM uses same inconsistent voice with gelatinous cube.

sleeping dust lie:
-DM voiceovers are out of order from the DM text.

those are the ones i can think of off of the top of my head, but I am sure there are more.

MrLarone
06-05-2011, 01:17 AM
The Hatchery.

for me, this is the si{the hatchery}ngle most annoy thing in t{the hatchery}he game (voice wise). i'm gr{the hatchery}ateful it's only i{the hatchery}n this one quest (whisperd{the hatchery}oom) but it's so bad that when{the hatchery}ever i notice the white loc{the hatchery}ation text is repeating a lot{the hatchery} i fear the DM is going t{the hatchery}{the hatchery}o to start reminding me i'{the hatchery}m in "the hatchery".

whilst {the hatchery}we're talking about {the hatchery}voice, i've noticed that since {the hatchery}the last update (u9) when i alt-t{the hatchery}ab out of DDO and back i hear{the hatchery} the last sentance the DM said, e{the hatchery}ven if i'm now out {the ha{the hatchery}tchery}of the quest.

countfitz
06-05-2011, 01:33 AM
Serious? Not his impersonation of a woman, but "incorreck"?

dkyle
06-05-2011, 02:35 AM
hose are the ones i can think of off of the top of my head, but I am sure there are more.

Ritual:

End narration says the boss is an Orthon, DM text shown in chat says he's a Barbazu (beared devil), but he's actually a Tiefling.

CalydorEstalon
06-05-2011, 03:29 AM
Restless Isles.

The DM has no idea where you are.

Jrstevenson07
06-05-2011, 10:48 AM
I can talk myself into thinking there are 2 narrators. or tha the narrator has gender identification issues. but when the screen clearly shows a 'T' at the end of the word and the audio refuses to pronounce it...

I blame that quest for needing therapy.

jwdaniels
06-05-2011, 10:55 AM
I can talk myself into thinking there are 2 narrators. or tha the narrator has gender identification issues. but when the screen clearly shows a 'T' at the end of the word and the audio refuses to pronounce it...

I blame that quest for needing therapy.

If that causes you to need therapy, I recommend you never walk out your front door...

cdemeritt
06-05-2011, 10:56 AM
The one I find most annoying is Information is key...

Don't know what they did to it to require the re-recording... but they should have re-recorded the whole thing instead of a piece here and there...

Jrstevenson07
06-05-2011, 11:15 AM
If that causes you to need therapy, I recommend you never walk out your front door...

you mean all of us who play ddo arent reclusive shut-ins?

DaSawks
06-05-2011, 11:28 AM
How about a new voice over for the Shroud in part 5.

"What? What is this? Kobold should be on Shavarath!"

Sebastrd
06-05-2011, 01:51 PM
How about a new voice over for the Shroud in part 4.

"What? What is this? Kobold should be on Shavarath!"

This is the only worthwhile suggestion in the whole thread.

DrNuegebauer
06-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Restless Isles.

The DM has no idea where you are.

It's intended to help the new people who go there.

It makes them feel better about themselves that even the DM is lost.

RJBsComputer
06-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Hey....give the Devs a break.....have you ever tried to teach hampsters how to read and speak???

Illiain
06-05-2011, 10:52 PM
There's an extremely easy way to fix voice overs. Check the little box that makes them shut up. Suddenly you can hear everything else, especially when using voice chat and other people are trying to talk.

jkm
06-05-2011, 11:05 PM
Rainbow in the dark, the narration is 1 step behind on the quest objectives.

Partycrashers - The Guard/The Guard/The Guard/The Guard is still waiting by the/The Guard

floating
06-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Maybe they will make it more interesting before they take the time to chastise the dungeon master for pronunciation.

Matuse
06-05-2011, 11:32 PM
VoD, the narrator refers to Suulomades as Arretriekos.

Teefling, Tie-fling...within the same quest in Sins.

They really just need to bring the original narrator back. Almost all of the ones after him have been bad. He does hilarious voices, and puts in tone and emphasis. Put another way: HE SOUNDS LIKE A REAL PNP DM! The old harbor newbie quests (that which have been converted into Korthos quests) are what originally sold me on the game, with the DM hamming up NPC dialogue and generally making the quest a lot more fun.

The others just read off a script in the most boring way possible.

BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL DM FOR ALL QUESTS!

Zachski
06-05-2011, 11:38 PM
The "bug" of the narrator talking over himself? I consider that a fix, personally.

I always hated when I would move forward too quickly or the quest happened to be just one frame too quickly automated, and entire lines of DM dialogue just wouldn't happen because the sound clip from the previous line is still going, even if the DM himself has stopped talking.

Most notable in the grotto with "This effect will wear off when you leave the caves" previously only playing about 10% of the time.

That being said, if "incorreck" bothers you... never go to any part of the US that has an accent, which is most of it.

Da3vid
06-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Hey....give the Devs a break.....have you ever tried to teach hampsters how to read and speak???

It is apparently also rather difficult to teach a hamster to spell.

DoctorWhofan
06-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Tanglefoot!

And it will always be TANGLEFOOT!!!!! Sigh...

rest
06-15-2011, 01:07 PM
This game has DM narration? No way! Next you'll tell me there is music and stuff! I can't believe it!

All I hear is voice chat and sound effects. Must be time to get a new audio card :(

*I actually turn of DM sounds and music. Too hard to hear voice chat otherwise. Besides, I can read the DM text in my general tab if I really want to know what's going on.

Dispel
06-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Was it really that hard to find someone with a real soft, feminine voice?

Are there no females in hallways @ Turbine they could grab and be like "here say this or you're fired!" to?